+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tour de France

Re: Tour de France

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    tbf, Cav in that era could have coasted in. During that time he must have been hot favourite to win about 5 stages then either got kicked out or fell for about 5 others. Cav is a top man but I think that his equal record with Merxck should just respect their different talents.
    It's mad to think how many stages Cav could've won. I get what you're saying but Merckx holds plenty of records, I'm sure he can spare one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_M...cords_Overview

Next year's Tour should be worth a watch with Vingegaard, Roglic, Pogacar and Evenepoel battling for yellow and Cav going for the record. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

Next year's Tour should be worth a watch with Vingegaard, Roglic, Pogacar and Evenepoel battling for yellow and Cav going for the record. Can't wait.
    This isn't going to plan so far. Cav can't seem to shake an illness off while Evenepoel and Vingegaard both broke their collarbones today in a crash on a descent that also brought Roglic down, but he seems ok.

Van Aert also has a broken collarbone (and a broken sternum and broken ribs) but the sprinters all seem fine for now which doesn't bode well for Cav. He only has to get lucky once in the Tour though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    This isn't going to plan so far. Cav can't seem to shake an illness off while Evenepoel and Vingegaard both broke their collarbones today in a crash on a descent that also brought Roglic down, but he seems ok.

Van Aert also has a broken collarbone (and a broken sternum and broken ribs) but the sprinters all seem fine for now which doesn't bode well for Cav. He only has to get lucky once in the Tour though.
    Tough job being a cyclist.