+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yakou Meite - the first poor signing by Bulut?

Re: Yakou Meite - the first poor signing by Bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Agreed, Campbell looks superfluous as well. Actually, Ojo has looked quite BRIGHT in pre-season.
    You mean like a light bulb, on and off

He’s f uck ing useless

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Etete, with a season under his belt....may improve on the promise of late last season.

He's an absolute goalshy donkey

Another prediction thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Another prediction thread
    Meite has been crap but I feel it’s more the system he’s playing in compared to the player himself.

He’s often isolated on the wing much like Bowler with little midfield support.

Every opposition knows all the run is going to go down the channel with no risk of it going across the lines.

When he plays centrally, he has no midfield support and not big enough to be an out and out centre forward.

He’s crap but works hard but has no opportunity to use what skills he does have.

I would love for one game to see a Grant and Meite in a 442. I bloody hate these 2 sitting midfielders that rarely get up the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Meite has been crap but I feel it’s more the system he’s playing in compared to the player himself.

Every opposition knows all the run is going to go down the channel with no risk of it going across the lines.

When he plays centrally, he has no midfield support and not big enough to be an out and out centre forward.

He’s crap but works hard but has no opportunity to use what skills he does have.

I would love for one game to see a Grant and Meite in a 442. I bloody hate these 2 sitting midfielders that rarely get up the pitch.
    We only hit quick balls forward for wingers. I agree we need Grant up the middle. His stats as a 9 for WBA were good. With Grant at 9 you have three points of attack : between the full backs and centre back (* 2 channels), or between the centre backs for Grant at 9. I honestly think with Grant at 9 it would allow Grant or the winger to be released with a ball behind. As it stands, a slow 9 means the full backs know the danger men are wide and will write off a quick central ball.

It makes us predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

valid point on the usage of meite..however he has been an absolute state in the pentaly area..some shameful misses. Terrible headerer of the ball. His shots have been tame and more importantly at this level..straight at the keeper. Its fair to say he has some of the better chances but blunders them

I’ve been really disappointed with Meite, I would have liked to have seen more of him wide, he clearly isn’t a striker.

Although he’s no striker I’m still glad he’s here but that says more about our options upfront than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve been really disappointed with Meite, I would have liked to have seen more of him wide, he clearly isn’t a striker.

Although he’s no striker I’m still glad he’s here but that says more about our options upfront than anything.
    Exactly.

Offering more than Etete or Diedhiou says it all. I still think that he is the best of the three but that isn’t saying much.

Very poor mans Heskey… does the hard work to bring others into play, but his finishing is a bit of a punchline.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Very poor mans Heskey… does the hard work to bring others into play, but his finishing is a bit of a punchline.
    He couldn’t score on a brothel with a £50 note in his hand, absolutely ****ing useless