Re: Mark Harris joins Oxford United

Good move for him

Decent move for him. I wish him well.

I think he will do well there

If they rated Whyte they will probably like Harris.

yes, best of luck to him - being diplomatic, our offer to him must have been on the low side.

Stick him out wide instead of through the middle and he'll do just fine. Good luck to the lad he always worked his socks off for us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    yes, best of luck to him - being diplomatic, our offer to him must have been on the low side.
    Either that or the lad has thought wake up and smell the coffee.
    I am going nowhere here and I can do better at another club.

It could have been easy to accept the terms but he is willing to challenge himself.

Good luck Mark

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/s...thletic-moves/

Tough life being a Loyal Royal at the moment. As my home Away I hope they pull through!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Either that or the lad has thought wake up and smell the coffee.
    I am going nowhere here and I can do better at another club.

It could have been easy to accept the terms but he is willing to challenge himself.

Good luck Mark
    That's how I se it. He could have stayed here, taken the money, and spent the season sat on the bench. Or he could take a leap, and go somewhere where he'll get regular football. Best of luck to him.

It’s not a good move for his Wales career.
    I thought Blackburn were after him in January!

Harris has plenty of huff and puff but sadly not much else. He reminded me very much of Derek Showers who the oldies on here may remember. However, on occasions Mark Harris did spark the team into life when he came on and for that I'm sure he will probably do better in the lower leagues. CCFC couldn't have offered him much of a deal if he is joining Oxford in preference. Whatever the reason for his departure I'm sure most CCFC fans will wish him the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Harris has plenty of huff and puff but sadly not much else. He reminded me very much of Derek Showers who the oldies on here may remember. However, on occasions Mark Harris did spark the team into life when he came on and for that I'm sure he will probably do better in the lower leagues. CCFC couldn't have offered him much of a deal if he is joining Oxford in preference. Whatever the reason for his departure I'm sure most CCFC fans will wish him the best of luck.

The comparison with Showers is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I doubt the deal offered by Cardiff was the main reason he left. The club seemed to genuinely want him to stay - so assume the offer was similar to Bagan and King in length. The reason Bulut gave was that Mark Harris wanted to play football, not sit on a subs bench or in the stands. At his age and stage of career, that sounds convincing to me. He was never going to be a regular starter for us - or for Blackburn - he probably will be for Oxford.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I doubt the deal offered by Cardiff was the main reason he left. The club seemed to genuinely want him to stay - so assume the offer was similar to Bagan and King in length. The reason Bulut gave was that Mark Harris wanted to play football, not sit on a subs bench or in the stands. At his age and stage of career, that sounds convincing to me. He was never going to be a regular starter for us - or for Blackburn - he probably will be for Oxford.
    Imagine spending your whole life dedicating yourself to a sport you love, without actually getting to play that sport.

Those that are happy to sit on a subs bench must just see it as just a job

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Imagine spending your whole life dedicating yourself to a sport you love, without actually getting to play that sport.

Those that are happy to sit on a subs bench must just see it as just a job
    Most see it as a job, as it is their job.

They’ve seen the other side of football. Loads of footballers still say how they love football but hate the business side of it etc.

Having said that, I’d love to be a third choice keeper. Sounds absolutely brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Most see it as a job, as it is their job.

They’ve seen the other side of football. Loads of footballers still say how they love football but hate the business side of it etc.

Having said that, I’d love to be a third choice keeper. Sounds absolutely brilliant.
    Imagine being Scott Carson, what a job

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Imagine being Scott Carson, what a job
    25k a week to be sound. What a dream.