+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh teams in Europe

Welsh teams in Europe

TNS gone down 3-1 away to Hacken of Sweden. Tough draw for them considering they were actually the seeded team... still a chance being at home in the 2nd leg, they will fall into the Conference league 2nd round if they lose, if they can turn it around they'll be guaranteed a conference league play off match.

Connahs quay away to KA of Iceland, also seeded and the underdogs but much less of an underdog than TNS according to the bookies.

Haverfordwest away to Shkendija of North Macedonia, this will likely be a bloodbath.

Penybont are favourites at home to Santa Coloma of Andorra, playing in Bridgend tonight. Anybody planning on going to the game?

Hopefully at least 2 of the 4 Welsh teams can turn it around otherwise could be losing their 4th european spot. With the new rules for the Champions league if TNS (or anybody else) could just win their 1st round they would get a huge injection of money compared to what they are used to.

Re: Welsh teams in Europe

Really unfortunate draw for TNS, especially considering Hacken are halfway through their season

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    TNS gone down 3-1 away to Hacken of Sweden. Tough draw for them considering they were actually the seeded team... still a chance being at home in the 2nd leg, they will fall into the Conference league 2nd round if they lose, if they can turn it around they'll be guaranteed a conference league play off match.

Connahs quay away to KA of Iceland, also seeded and the underdogs but much less of an underdog than TNS according to the bookies.

Haverfordwest away to Shkendija of North Macedonia, this will likely be a bloodbath.

Penybont are favourites at home to Santa Coloma of Andorra, playing in Bridgend tonight. Anybody planning on going to the game?

Hopefully at least 2 of the 4 Welsh teams can turn it around otherwise could be losing their 4th european spot. With the new rules for the Champions league if TNS (or anybody else) could just win their 1st round they would get a huge injection of money compared to what they are used to.
    I was intending to go to the Bridgend game but their online ticketing says the games been sold out for weeks, which I find a bit hard to believe as its being played at the Brewery Field

Also worth saying that the Bridgend game is live on SAC online

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    I was intending to go to the Bridgend game but their online ticketing says the games been sold out for weeks, which I find a bit hard to believe as its being played at the Brewery Field
    I imagine they could only sell the seated capacity as it's UEFA

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I imagine they could only sell the seated capacity as it's UEFA
    sounds right ,someone from the club said on the radio this morning they had to move to another ground because they didnt have enough seats and the cardiff city stadium cost to much

Penybont live here: https://youtu.be/6FCCoBS5hRo

Connah's Quay & Haverfordwest kicking off at 7

Andorrans going down easily under every challenge, referee's buying it every time

Shocking goal to concede.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Shocking goal to concede.
    Terrible from the goalkeeper and the wall didn't exactly cover itself in glory, but that's never a free kick for me, the playacting is laughable

Terrible from the goalkeeper and the wall didn't exactly cover itself in glory, but that's never a free kick for me, the playacting is laughable
    Agreed, never a foul.

Penybont live here: https://youtu.be/6FCCoBS5hRo

Connah's Quay & Haverfordwest kicking off at 7
    Penybont looking very much second best in the second half. Santa Coloma having the chances, passing the ball well, decent pace, not afraid to run with the ball. Penybont are just hoofing it any old where. From what I've seen of them in the first 18 minutes, they've been piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Penybont looking very much second best in the second half. Santa Coloma having the chances, passing the ball well, decent pace, not afraid to run with the ball. Penybont are just hoofing it any old where. From what I've seen of them in the first 18 minutes, they've been piss poor.
    Typical lol!! 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Santa Coloma are a professional side, that's a big advantage

Penybont had some of the better chances in the first half

Part timers or not, Pen y Bont have looked the fitter team in the last twenty minutes which they’ve dominated. It’s very basic long ball stuff, but they’re worth at least a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Part timers or not, Pen y Bont have looked the fitter team in the last twenty minutes which they’ve dominated. It’s very basic long ball stuff, but they’re worth at least a draw.
    The goal gave them a huge lift. After that it was decent end to end stuff and Penybont finally got more players forward.