+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are you all feeling about the forthcoming season?

How are you all feeling about the forthcoming season?

I must say I am feeling very relaxed about it all, and can feel good vibes ahead. I look forward to it with a sense of keen-ness not felt since CoVid. There seems to be an air of optimism, for which the Ramsey signing will only add to.

Seriously - deep down in your bones, how are you all feeling about the forthcoming season?

Re: How are you all feeling about the forthcoming season?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I must say I am feeling very relaxed about it all, and can feel good vibes ahead. I look forward to it with a sense of keen-ness not felt since CoVid. There seems to be an air of optimism, for which the Ramsey signing will only add to.

Seriously - deep down in your bones, how are you all feeling about the forthcoming season?
    It's the Championship. Which means it's always so hard to tell. Things could click a bit and we could do OK.

Or Ramseys recent wales performances may be a reflection of where his career actually is and we may still have all the inefficiencies in the squad we had last year, plus even a few more.

It's a great league to be in though. You really don't need to be very good to get automatically promoted, we should know we've done it twice, but at the same time points can be hard to come by. Perfect.

Still think we're in a spot of trouble. Lots of players still here from last season. The new manager has his work cut out trying to get anything from them. Will the few new signings make any difference? Who knows? We'll find out next month. Lots seem to be resting on Ramsey, which could be cause for concern.

On the flip side, hopefully our younger players will be better for their previous experiences. I was slightly sorry to see Harris leave but it suggests he is a League 1 player at best.

I have no expectations for this season, so anything decent will be a positive.

Erol Bulut - Turkish Delight, or Turkish Early Bath

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, Suleiman the Magnificent, Tarkan, Muzzy and Kemi Izzet, Emine Erdoğan, Paul the Apostle, Aesop, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Mezut Ozil, the list goes on. There have been many turkish people in the history of time, and some of them are good, some of them not so good. Also the Sloane Gunman reckons Turkey doesn't have a very good football league.

Sheyi Ojo and the Temple of Doom

He can't play football and I'm fed up of him testing out how to play football at our hallowed turf.

too tired now can't write anymore, I don't know how you do it.

I still don't think we'll have a 20+ goal striker or beat Swansea. But I no longer think we'll get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lemma View Post
    Erol Bulut - Turkish Delight, or Turkish Early Bath

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, Suleiman the Magnificent, Tarkan, Muzzy and Kemi Izzet, Emine Erdoğan, Paul the Apostle, Aesop, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Mezut Ozil, the list goes on. There have been many turkish people in the history of time, and some of them are good, some of them not so good. Also the Sloane Gunman reckons Turkey doesn't have a very good football league.

Sheyi Ojo and the Temple of Doom

He can't play football and I'm fed up of him testing out how to play football at our hallowed turf.

too tired now can't write anymore, I don't know how you do it.
    Touche. I must confess, I did afford a giggle there.

I’m looking forward to it, no one knows how it’s going to pan out but I’m glad we have at least tried something new this season. I think the signings have been interesting and looking forward to see how they do.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m looking forward to it, no one knows how it’s going to pan out but I’m glad we have at least tried something new this season. I think the signings have been interesting and looking forward to see how they do.
    Once we have got rid of the dross that Morison signed and replaced them with people not masquerading as footballers, we’ll be a top 10 side or better
    The long list of shite signings need to be binned off, unless our new manager is a real miracle worker

I’m not sure that Pep or Klop could do anything with the two keepers, Simpson, sawyers Rinomhota or Ojo though
    Hopefully we never see them in a city shirt again

Very positive

Mid table at least and you never know from there on

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Still think we're in a spot of trouble. Lots of players still here from last season. The new manager has his work cut out trying to get anything from them. Will the few new signings make any difference? Who knows? We'll find out next month. Lots seem to be resting on Ramsey, which could be cause for concern.

On the flip side, hopefully our younger players will be better for their previous experiences. I was slightly sorry to see Harris leave but it suggests he is a League 1 player at best.

I have no expectations for this season, so anything decent will be a positive.
    The Harvester Of Sorrow

Live from Aberdare

I think a new keeper is essential.
    Allsop nor Anwick inspire any confidence.

A replacement for Simpson is needed as well.
    I’d like another LB to free up O’Dowda.

I think that Ramsey would be better suited as an attacking midfielder as he has more creative and passing ability than the other options in midfield.
    I guess it depends on how much pressing is needed but saying that…didn’t he still put in the most distance run at the World Cup for us?

Our striking options seem ok as long as Robertson stays fit.

Adams and Colwill are wildcards, hopefully they make a positive impact.

A replacement for Ojo is a must unless Bulut can drill the mistakes out of him.

I think we will have a better season than last and that will do me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I think a new keeper is essential.
    Allsop nor Anwick inspire any confidence.

A replacement for Simpson is needed as well.
    I’d like another LB to free up O’Dowda.

I think that Ramsey would be better suited as an attacking midfielder as he has more creative and passing ability than the other options in midfield.
    I guess it depends on how much pressing is needed but saying that…didn’t he still put in the most distance run at the World Cup for us?

Our striking options seem ok as long as Robertson stays fit.

Adams and Colwill are wildcards, hopefully they make a positive impact.

A replacement for Ojo is a must unless Bulut can drill the mistakes out of him.

I think we will have a better season than last and that will do me.
    Sawyers with a rocket up his arse is worth keeping

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sawyers with a rocket up his arse is worth keeping
    I thought that he had a few games where he looked quality. He then faded quickly back into being ineffective and looking lackadaisical.

I wouldn’t write him off yet, but he needs to step and at least look as though he is putting the effort in.

I thought that he had a few games where he looked quality. He then faded quickly back into being ineffective and looking lackadaisical.

I wouldn’t write him off yet, but he needs to step and at least look as though he is putting the effort in.
    Looks loosely related to Richard Langley with his lazy style. Not for me. I would flog him off.

If/when we sign Ramsey I hope it doesn't distract everyone from the remaining shortcomings in the squad.
    There's still weakness at the back, Inc the keeper, and we could do with finding another Kaba.

Looks loosely related to Richard Langley with his lazy style. Not for me. I would flog him off.
    Langley was a terribly disappointing signing.

Will let you know the evening before our first game of the season starts v Leeds. Let's see who else 'Bulut the Blue Sky' gets in between now and then.

Langley was a terribly disappointing signing.
    Yes, I had such high hopes for him.

I think as thing stands we will likely go down.( i dont think they will stand the same and in a few weeks hopefully the squad looks a lot better)

However Ramsey signing will be a huge boost. If he , Robinson and O Dowda stay fit that will really boost our survival chances massively.

If Ramsey signs I think that will help us so much and see us safe.

If we can ship out at least half a dozen of Morisons signings and add 4 quality players. Keeper, centre back , central midfielder , striker then things will look very different and a season away from the bottom 8 and mid table could be possible.

How much dealing we can do with so many players not good enough , need shipping out but under contract is another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Very positive

Mid table at least and you never know from there on
    This

Above all else just want to see a different brand of football not the dross we have had to endure the last few seasons

Not a clue. you never know what you are going to get with city.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I still don't think we'll have a 20+ goal striker or beat Swansea. But I no longer think we'll get relegated.
    I am a little bit in this camp.
    Think we could end up 15th or 16th.
    Not relegation but nowhere near good enough for the top half with the players we have. Ramsey will add quality but still no striker with championship ability

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Not a clue. you never know what you are going to get with city.
    A bit like Revels 😂

optimistic and positive while full of trepidation

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think as thing stands we will likely go down.( i dont think they will stand the same and in a few weeks hopefully the squad looks a lot better)

However Ramsey signing will be a huge boost. If he , Robinson and O Dowda stay fit that will really boost our survival chances massively.

If Ramsey signs I think that will help us so much and see us safe.

If we can ship out at least half a dozen of Morisons signings and add 4 quality players. Keeper, centre back , central midfielder , striker then things will look very different and a season away from the bottom 8 and mid table could be possible.

How much dealing we can do with so many players not good enough , need shipping out but under contract is another thing.
    "As thing stands we will likely go down" ?!!

Wow that's incredibly negative when you consider Robinson and Collins are back, Meite is a proven Championship player and we have what looks like a new dominant centre back. Even without further additions I would say that we easily have a mid table team. What should also not be overlooked is that last season's players will know each others games better which should help them to play more cohesively.

With Ramsey and a few more quality additions in key areas I can see us surprising a few people this season.