+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't we looking at getting a new goalkeeper

Why aren't we looking at getting a new goalkeeper

I believe that we are weak in goals. I have no faith in Allsop or Allwick.
    We have strengthened elsewhere and now we need to strengthen in goals. We can make a real good go at this season then.

Re: Why aren't we looking at getting a new goalkeeper

Rambo to have a word with Hennessey

We probably are. Maybe use the loan system.

We need at least one of ours moved on though.

New keeper and another centre back and I reckon we can be optimistic about being nearer mid table than the bottom 3.

Who said we aren’t?

Goalkeepers are one of those positions where someone has to sign someone before they will let one go, we are limited with no fees.

But to be honest if I was the manager I’d look at creativity, pace and goals first and we at least have a fighting chance with the signings so far.

We actually look OK in attack. Midfield looks better now with Rambo on board. Defence, not so much. Our keepers are not Championship standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    We actually look OK in attack. Midfield looks better now with Rambo on board. Defence, not so much. Our keepers are not Championship standard.
    If Goutas is ok and Collins at left back lives up to the promise then a first choice back 4 of Ng McGuinness Goutas Collins could be ok. Id love Kipre back though.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Getting the old band back together, I like your thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If Goutas is ok and Collins at left back lives up to the promise then a first choice back 4 of Ng McGuinness Goutas Collins could be ok. Id love Kipre back though.
    We need a back up centre half & ship Simpson out. Kipre wouldn’t come as a back up. NG can play in there but he’s not a natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post

I’d prefer to get Neil Etheridge back

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I believe that we are weak in goals. I have no faith in Allsop or Allwick.
    We have strengthened elsewhere and now we need to strengthen in goals. We can make a real good go at this season then.
    On a day like today, this thread is the equivalent of someone buying two lottery tickets, winning £50m with the one and then sitting around moaning that he didn’t win anything with the second one. Its a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    On a day like today, this thread is the equivalent of someone buying two lottery tickets, winning £50m with the one and then sitting around moaning that he didn’t win anything with the second one. Its a joke.
    Its actually nothing like that. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You reckon Ramsey will carry us through the season regardless of everything else? Shows how utterly f*cking clueless you are, you total braindead gimp.

Its actually nothing like that. ��������
    I admire the guy. Every so often he comes on here proving he has far less between his ears than the time before, yet keeps on doing it. Resilience I think the word is.

Its actually nothing like that. ��������

Henessy nailed on next one in

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I’d prefer Hennessey

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Hennessy is under contract for another 12 months. Henderson & Navas have returned to their parent clubs & Forest are trying to sell Horvath. Hennessy is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Hennessy is under contract for another 12 months. Henderson & Navas have returned to their parent clubs & Forest are trying to sell Horvath. Hennessy is going nowhere.
    What about Hennessey though ? How

What about Hennessey though ? How
    It speel checks to Hennessy Ton, Ono is much easier to get wright.

Trouble is over the last ten years or so we've been blessed with some good goalkeepers.I think if we get another goalie it will be the sweeper/keeper type.To be honest it couldn't have been much fun playing behind last seasons team and maybe what we've got will improve along with the rest of the team.

It speel checks to Hennessy Ton, Ono is much easier to get wright.

I know

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Trouble is over the last ten years or so we've been blessed with some good goalkeepers.I think if we get another goalie it will be the sweeper/keeper type.To be honest it couldn't have been much fun playing behind last seasons team and maybe what we've got will improve along with the rest of the team.
    Allsopp is fine as a sweeper keeper. Hes good with the ball at his feet. Shot stopping he just wasn't good enough last season.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    You could argue the other way though. Not much fun defending in front of Allsop.

I’d prefer to get Neil Etheridge back
    I'm hoping he becomes surplus to requirements at Brum as their new owners splash the cash. He's exactly the type of keeper we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You reckon Ramsey will carry us through the season regardless of everything else? Shows how utterly f*cking clueless you are, you total braindead gimp.
    Just making an observation on our current situation. You obviously didn't like it, so you resort to the kind of language that would be better off in the sewer. Am I surprised ? Not at all. Par for your course. I am neither disabled, stupid or a sex slave by the way. People who resort to a line of attack like yours are the braindead ones - unable to string a sentence together without using insults or expletives. Shows a lack of education and intellect.