+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Yet some will have you believe that there’s nothing to see here.

Re: Yet some will have you believe that there’s nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Shocking information about the sun..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhnyVJSdohs
    Back of the net

Follow the money!!!!!!!!!!

some more stats from down under for us to fear

Bring on the dancing nurses

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

What nonsense.

0.04 % is a small number so it can't be important. Why would anyone take this guy seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What nonsense.

0.04 % is a small number so it can't be important. Why would anyone take this guy seriously?
    Just had a look at it, that’s all he’saying isn’t it - end of argument

What nonsense.

Unfortunately humans need that 0.04% to stay pretty much where it is if we want a habitable planet.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Unfortunately humans need that 0.04% to stay pretty much where it is if we want a habitable planet.
    Probably a fair bit less would be better. The concentration of CO2 is about 420 ppm at the moment (and rising sharply). It hasn't been that high for millions of years - when we last had CO2 levels this high the Earth was about 4 or 5 degrees hotter.

Perhaps not uninhabitable for all live, but millions or possibly billions would die in the reuslting famines and wars, as billions of people would be displaced as huge parts of the globe become uninhabitable

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Alan Jones truth bombing the net zero agenda.

pic.twitter.com/czufj3ikdN
    — James Melville (@JamesMelville) July 23, 2023
    The cult members aren't going to like this!

some more stats for the cult members to mull over

I thought you would like it? Make your mind up!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I thought you would like it? Make your mind up!
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Fred Nietzsche.

Fascinating use of the word "cult" lately in this thread seeing as it is those using it who are the cultists.

I Googled the term modern definition of the word cult just now and this came up - it perfectly captures what I believe the word cult has come to mean in today's society;

"The term “cult” refers most often to a group of people with usually atypical beliefs living in relative isolation from the world."

Do the gifted crew on here believe that the Met Office is a member of the cult they refer to? I'd say m0st people would read something like this;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-66304220

cast their minds back to what had just happened a year ago in the UK, look at what is happening in southern Europe currently (don't forget a leading member of the naysayers on here was telling everyone there was nothing to worry about there a few days ago ) and conclude that there may be something to this human induced climate change stuff after all.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fascinating use of the word "cult" lately in this thread seeing as it is those using it who are the cultists.

I Googled the term modern definition of the word cult just now and this came up - it perfectly captures what I believe the word cult has come to mean in today's society;

"The term “cult” refers most often to a group of people with usually atypical beliefs living in relative isolation from the world."

Do the gifted crew on here believe that the Met Office is a member of the cult they refer to? I'd say m0st people would read something like this;

cast their minds back to what had just happened a year ago in the UK, look at what is happening in southern Europe currently (don't forget a leading member of the naysayers on here was telling everyone there was nothing to worry about there a few days ago ) and conclude that there may be something to this human induced climate change stuff after all.
    It's also baffling to me that you even need an apocalypse scenario to justify general improvement. The cultists will just get further entrenched as time goes on, that is their role, but even the general public were unwilling to go along with the idea that chucking shit into the atmosphere is something you shouldn't do if you don't actually need to.

We might reach a point in technological advancement where we need oil and gas for something that can't be done using anything else and the future of the planet/species depends on it. 'sorry we used all that on things we didn't need to' is going to seem pretty annoying.

According to someone that used to work at the at the Met (he's not aware of the ccmb expert panel) anyway - from what I can gather - the continental drift is much further south than usual - plus hot winds from Africa pushing up - and we get this melting point over the Med.
    Im not denying / approving climate change etc - but from a weather perspective that is what has happened apparently.

Basically - it would have been hot - add some climate change temp increases and now it'd really F'ing hot.

UK represent apparently less than 1% of omissions - and have cut 40% from our figures from 15-20 years ago (said Radio 4 this morning) - so it's not us - it's US, China, India are the ones that need to put the f'ing house in order

International

When is it coming to Cardiff?

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    According to someone that used to work at the at the Met (he's not aware of the ccmb expert panel) anyway - from what I can gather - the continental drift is much further south than usual - plus hot winds from Africa pushing up - and we get this melting point over the Med.
    Im not denying / approving climate change etc - but from a weather perspective that is what has happened apparently.

Basically - it would have been hot - add some climate change temp increases and now it'd really F'ing hot.

UK represent apparently less than 1% of omissions - and have cut 40% from our figures from 15-20 years ago (said Radio 4 this morning) - so it's not us - it's US, China, India are the ones that need to put the f'ing house in order
    Exactly while the UK governments are trying to price people out of cars and put the UK economy at a further disadvantage. If China, USA and Russia and the rest aren't making an effort it will have no noticeable impact at all.

I'm pro change, but it has to be Worldwide.

ps North Cardiff Blue - We wont we having any sun. Because of Brexit we can now only get weather from Countries outside the EU like Norway. So at the moment we are having a Norwegian summer. Any sun we do get has to be given back to the EU weather commission currently being run by Lord Kinnock from his executive garden shed (he bought from Drakeflop) in Peterston Super Ely, where the great unelected lifetime politician will decide where it goes.

ps North Cardiff Blue - We wont we having any sun. Because of Brexit we can now only get weather from Countries outside the EU like Norway. So at the moment we are having a Norwegian summer. Any sun we do get has to be given back to the EU weather commission currently being run by Lord Kinnock from his executive garden shed (he bought from Drakeflop) in Peterston Super Ely, where the great unelected lifetime politician will decide where it goes.
    you may jest, but there was an article this week about the continued weakening of the gulf stream - with a prediction that it could "switch off" somewhere between 2025 and 2095 - i.e. it is possible that in a few as 18 months we could be seeing dramatically different winters in northern Europe - we wouldn't be talking about being a few degrees warmer or colder here or there either.

Probably a fair bit less would be better. The concentration of CO2 is about 420 ppm at the moment (and rising sharply). It hasn't been that high for millions of years - when we last had CO2 levels this high the Earth was about 4 or 5 degrees hotter.

Perhaps not uninhabitable for all live, but millions or possibly billions would die in the reuslting famines and wars, as billions of people would be displaced as huge parts of the globe become uninhabitable

The sooner it happens the better in my opinion

you may jest, but there was an article this week about the continued weakening of the gulf stream - with a prediction that it could "switch off" somewhere between 2025 and 2095 - i.e. it is possible that in a few as 18 months we could be seeing dramatically different winters in northern Europe - we wouldn't be talking about being a few degrees warmer or colder here or there either.
    I read that article RJK.
    Without the gulf stream we would have the same winters as southern Canada by all accounts as we are roughly on the same latitude - not something we want. If the gulf stream does move south - then we all have a serious change coming towards us.
    Not that we can do anything about it - as long as we have the US, India, China et al pumping out CO2 then our destiny is mapped out for us.
    Maybe we should all migrate to France or Spain and defacto join the EU again - or ironically go there and claim refugee status.

If you live by Sludge and others viewpoint on here - we would be given a job and a house and all infrastructure access we need - schools, healthcare etc - what is not to like?

I read that article RJK.
    Without the gulf stream we would have the same winters as southern Canada by all accounts as we are roughly on the same latitude - not something we want. If the gulf stream does move south - then we all have a serious change coming towards us.
    Not that we can do anything about it - as long as we have the US, India, China et al pumping out CO2 then our destiny is mapped out for us.
    Maybe we should all migrate to France or Spain and defacto join the EU again - or ironically go there and claim refugee status.

If you live by Sludge and others viewpoint on here - we would be given a job and a house and all infrastructure access we need - schools, healthcare etc - what is not to like?
    almost all the population of Canada live further south than Britain I think, so we might even get the winters of the bits of Canada where nobody lives, because it is too cold.

TBH, I don't think that anyone thinks that the climate doesn't change it always has, the extreme left cannot accept the reason for change, can be anything other than John and Jane dough driving their 4 x 4 top of the range Ford Focus back and for to work with John Dough sneaking out in the car on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a bit of dogging.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    TBH, I don't think that anyone thinks that the climate doesn't change it always has, the extreme left cannot accept the reason for change, can be anything other than John and Jane dough driving their 4 x 4 top of the range Ford Focus back and for to work with John Dough sneaking out in the car on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a bit of dogging.
    do you understand the reason that scientists think that this warming period is different to previous ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post

Google is a cult training algorithm