+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Yet some will have you believe that there’s nothing to see here.

Re: Yet some will have you believe that there’s nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Of course you do - once you have considered all the contrary evidence, triangulated, and worked through a wide range of different media (taking account of their specific biases and agendas) to arrive at a wise and balanced conclusion. One that would pass any peer review at Harvard (or other academic establishment where you have close and admiring contacts).

But you (and Heath and Mozzer and a few others) are starting to confuse me. I can no longer work out whether:

A - You think all the reports by the scientific community and world media of climate change (and average world temperature sharp rises) are a lie, invented and malicious - designed to dupe the sheeple into accepting a new WEF led bunker dictatorship (the Organ Morgan world-view), or

B - You think there is such a thing as climate change and that average temperatures are rising but that is just what happens and has happened since the Big Bang - no human accelerator involved so just sit in the shade a bit more, or

C - You accept that the climate is being changed in a dangerous direction partly as a result of human actions, but the measures proposed to put a break on that, and save several billions of people from adverse effects of drought and rising sea levels are way too inconvenient and anyway it rained yesterday?

Help me out.
    It's a bit of A & B. C is like covid, and the only people who are terrified by it are those who have bought into it.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much, as the old buggers will escape the worst of it. It's the young ones who I feel sorry for, as they won't get to experience the lives that we did.

https://www.theguardian.com/weather/...land-of-rhodes

I think I will believe the firefighters, the coastguard and the evacuated tourists on this one.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nues-in-europe

The heatwave engulfing Greece is expected to be the longest in the country’s history, with temperatures forecast to reach a 50-year high for July this weekend.

Of course you do - once you have considered all the contrary evidence, triangulated, and worked through a wide range of different media (taking account of their specific biases and agendas) to arrive at a wise and balanced conclusion. One that would pass any peer review at Harvard (or other academic establishment where you have close and admiring contacts).

But you (and Heath and Mozzer and a few others) are starting to confuse me. I can no longer work out whether:

A - You think all the reports by the scientific community and world media of climate change (and average world temperature sharp rises) are a lie, invented and malicious - designed to dupe the sheeple into accepting a new WEF led bunker dictatorship (the Organ Morgan world-view), or

B - You think there is such a thing as climate change and that average temperatures are rising but that is just what happens and has happened since the Big Bang - no human accelerator involved so just sit in the shade a bit more, or

C - You accept that the climate is being changed in a dangerous direction partly as a result of human actions, but the measures proposed to put a break on that, and save several billions of people from adverse effects of drought and rising sea levels are way too inconvenient and anyway it rained yesterday?

Help me out.
    I can only speak for myself and for clarity, no need to be confused, I think that the narrative of climate change is 100% bollox. No matter how many guardian links you can find, my view is only based on my life experience. I have seen no evidence that climate which is just an aggregation of weather has been much different than previous generations, hot, cold, wind, floods, what's been different?
    Obviously just my opinion but the sun has a far bigger impact on earth than anything done by humans. So no need to be confused 😐 and it's still pissing down in Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I can only speak for myself and for clarity, no need to be confused, I think that the narrative of climate change is 100% bollox. No matter how many guardian links you can find, my view is only based on my life experience. I have seen no evidence that climate which is just an aggregation of weather has been much different than previous generations, hot, cold, wind, floods, what's been different?
    Obviously just my opinion but the sun has a far bigger impact on earth than anything done by humans. So no need to be confused �� and it's still pissing down in Newport.
    So you don’t think that temperature records being routinely broken virtually every year are a sign of anything?

It’s not just in the Guardian that there are wild fires and tourist evacuations on Rhodes either.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...companies.html

I just hope that Gluey’s (one of the men who knows everything about everything on here) relatives do not live on Rhodes - not just an own goal by him last night, but a hat trick of them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So you don’t think that temperature records being routinely broken virtually every year are a sign of anything?

It’s not just in the Guardian that there are wild fires and tourist evacuations on Rhodes either.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...companies.html

I just hope that Gluey’s (one of the men who knows everything about everything on here) relatives do not live on Rhodes - not just an own goal by him last night, but a hat trick of them.
    I’ve been to Rhodes a few times , and there have been wild fires and very similar temperatures when I was there ( most wildfires are usually caused by humans being careless), but the difference is that the UK media never really thought it was newsworthy to report it.

Cant you see the pattern?

Wait until they start the Alien Invasion narrative or the next “Current Thing”

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’ve been to Rhodes a few times , and there have been wild fires and very similar temperatures when I was there ( most wildfires are usually caused by humans being careless), but the difference is that the UK media never really thought it was newsworthy to report it.

Some posters appear to be unwittingly taking part in an online Milgram experiment!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Some posters appear to be unwittingly taking part in an online Milgram experiment!
    Some posters are nowhere near as clever as they think - maybe my hat trick of own goals analogy was a bit harsh, but that has to be one of the most spectacular own goals in the history of this board that you scored last night..

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-u...rature-records

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/n...e/70384382007/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/darreon...h=4328202e482f

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/06/c...cord-heat.html

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2023/...-january-2023/

This is one of the more interesting threads on CCMB.

But I must say, it hasn't shifted my position which is that both man made climate change is real and a great concern but it is also coupled with alarmism and some rather questionable reporting, which isn't helpful.

If you tell people they are all gonna die and it's pointless, then they won't see the point in recycling their old Dolmio jars.

If you deliberately hype up the temperature in Rome to claim it is something it isn't, then people will understandably start to question the data.

Some posters are nowhere near as clever as they think - maybe my hat trick of own goals analogy was a bit harsh, but that has to be one of the most spectacular own goals in the history of this board that you scored last night..

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-u...rature-records

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/n...e/70384382007/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/darreon...h=4328202e482f

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/06/c...cord-heat.html

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2023/...-january-2023/
    Why don't you just post a list of the publications who are coordinating the climate fear campaign?

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/beh...by-tv-says-sky

It was the global warming that made him do it.

I can see something but it's not the pattern you are suggesting.

When you have 'been to Rhodes' a few times and saw or heard of wild fires, were there also 19,000 and rising tourist evacuations and all the associated damage and chaos? If so your comment on the Uk media and what is newsworthy might just have some relevance. But I suspect not.

You would be better dropping the media hysteria line and going all in with WalesBales and Heath: there are no fires, there are no evacuations, everything is normal, there are just thousands of actors employed by the world media and shadow governments to put the frighteners on Joe and Jane Public.

And the mass flight cancellations are just part of a cunning plot by the airline industry to boost their profits by losing millions in fares, paying out millions in compensation, and sending empty planes to bring back stranded holidaymakers. That would be the best angle I think!

Rhodes was the 1st abroad holiday with my wife after we got married, I had been to Majorca with her previous to our wedding, it was about 38 years ago and it was hot!!!, one of the trips we booked couldn't take place bcos of fires, fires in warm countries aren't a new phenomenon.

I can see something but it's not the pattern you are suggesting.

When you have 'been to Rhodes' a few times and saw or heard of wild fires, were there also 19,000 and rising tourist evacuations and all the associated damage and chaos? If so your comment on the Uk media and what is newsworthy might just have some relevance. But I suspect not.

You would be better dropping the media hysteria line and going all in with WalesBales and Heath: there are no fires, there are no evacuations, everything is normal, there are just thousands of actors employed by the world media and shadow governments to put the frighteners on Joe and Jane Public.

And the mass flight cancellations are just part of a cunning plot by the airline industry to boost their profits by losing millions in fares, paying out millions in compensation, and sending empty planes to bring back stranded holidaymakers. That would be the best angle I think!

Wildfires are the result of flight cancellations, which are usually by people being careless

It’s not a new phenomenon

Here’s proof
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...mate-emergency

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3895136.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wildfires

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/greec...rest_fires.pdf

The #ClimateScam hashtag is now trending on Twitter

The #ClimateScam hashtag is now trending on Twitter
    Sure you don’t mean Rhodes? That’s what’s trending on my Twitter feed.

Then again, perhaps the “climate scam” is your relatives in Greece telling you that it’s all BS

Sure you don’t mean Rhodes? That’s what’s trending on my Twitter feed.

Then again, perhaps the “climate scam” is your relatives in Greece telling you that it’s all BS
    My location is set to USA as I prefer a global perspective.

Wildfires are the result of flight cancellations, which are usually by people being careless

It’s not a new phenomenon
    It's the first time I have heard of flight cancellations causing forest fires. Not sure how that works, but hey.....

I understand and accept that many fires are caused by human carelessness (others are caused and certainly made much worse by extreme heat) and that the changes to land use in Greece as described in the first link: use of concrete for building, the post-war moves to allow very rich men to become richer by creating non-native cash crops and plantations that increase the spread of wildfires, combined with uncontrolled development and urban sprawl all exacerbate that.

But that piece by Yanis Varoufakis - 2 years old and not commenting on this summer's events - makes no reference to rising temperatures (why would it) because his argument was about other Greek-specific political and environmental issues. It is not proof of what you claim - nor are the other links. They just illustrate some of the other factors that have shaped the way climate change is causing major damage in Europe.

It's the first time I have heard of flight cancellations causing forest fires. Not sure how that works, but hey.....

I understand and accept that many fires are caused by human carelessness (others are caused and certainly made much worse by extreme heat) and that the changes to land use in Greece as described in the first link: use of concrete for building, the post-war moves to allow very rich men to become richer by creating non-native cash crops and plantations that increase the spread of wildfires, combined with uncontrolled development and urban sprawl all exacerbate that.

But that piece by Yanis Varoufakis - 2 years old and not commenting on this summer's events - makes no reference to rising temperatures (why would it) because his argument was about other Greek-specific political and environmental issues. It is not proof of what you claim - nor are the other links. They just illustrate some of the other factors that have shaped the way climate change is causing major damage in Europe.

And yet they continue to spend billions on a proxy war in Ukraine, ( using illegal weapons) not sure how that isn’t mentioned in the climate agenda , how come nobody is stressing about that , particularly the climate change pushers ?

Climate change was always the next “Current Thing” after Covid, yet the people pushing it have a bigger footprint than the average person. That’s why plenty of the population have indifferent views.

And yet they continue to spend billions on a proxy war in Ukraine, ( using illegal weapons) not sure how that isn’t mentioned in the climate agenda , how come nobody is stressing about that , particularly the climate change pushers ?
    I partly agree with you about the war in Ukraine - I think it is a proxy war, and a blind eye is turned to many of the causes and consequences, although I am clear that Russia is the aggressor in the most recent phase.

But why should 'climate change pushers' (AKA the vast majority of serious and ethical scientists and NGOs) be 'stressing' about Ukraine in the current climate crisis? It may be a peripheral contributor to the lack of sufficient political attention on the climate, and a factor in the reduction in resources that should be used to tackle the crisis, and any further escalation could crash even the inadequate international response we now have, but Ukraine is not centre stage in this.

I partly agree with you about the war in Ukraine - I think it is a proxy war, and a blind eye is turned to many of the causes and consequences, although I am clear that Russia is the aggressor in the most recent phase.

But why should 'climate change pushers' (AKA the vast majority of serious and ethical scientists and NGOs) be 'stressing' about Ukraine in the current climate crisis? It may be a peripheral contributor to the lack of sufficient political attention on the climate, and a factor in the reduction in resources that should be used to tackle the crisis, and any further escalation could crash even the inadequate international response we now have, but Ukraine is not centre stage in this.
    Inadequate international response… you sure about that, not everyone (China, India , Brazil , many African countries and countries in S E Asia) are on our side unfortunately.

Inadequate international response… you sure about that, not everyone (China, India , Brazil , many African countries and countries in S E Asia) are on our side unfortunately.
    Not sure how you define 'our side' (the UK, Europe, poor people, environmentalists, progressives?) but the number of major industrial countries that are not contributing enough to CO2 and heat reduction (including the USA) is why the response is inadequate. And why we have probably passed the tipping point where we cannot recover - just maybe mitigate the scale of the climate crisis.

Climate change was always the next “Current Thing” after Covid, yet the people pushing it have a bigger footprint than the average person. That’s why plenty of the population have indifferent views.
    We need a new room, there are too many elephants in this one!

We need a new room, there are too many elephants in this one!
    Trump's gang? Yes I thought so too.

Love the symbolism.