+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Lawn Mower time, rechargable or Petrol ?

International

New Lawn Mower time, rechargable or Petrol ?

Are the rechargeable up to it yet?

They cost a fortune for big ones with a roller on the back for stripes, I'm tempted to get another petrol, or should I give a rechargeable one a go?

Re: New Lawn Mower time, rechargable or Petrol ?

I went for a Bosch battery powered one and I can just about get front and back done on one charge providing it's not too long and/or wet, which is broadly 80m2. The first cut of the year I need to do the front and then charge it up before doing the back. It's okay, I would've gone petrol but the mower my dad gave me was knackered beyond repair (despite him claiming it was easy to fix LOL)!

Save yourself time and water

Concrete your lawn

Stick a few plant pots on it

Stop messing about and get on with your life

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Are the rechargeable up to it yet?

They cost a fortune for big ones with a roller on the back for stripes, I'm tempted to get another petrol, or should I give a rechargeable one a go?
    I'd look for a nice diesel model.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Would I have to pay an emissions charge?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Thornton View Post
    I went for a Bosch battery powered one and I can just about get front and back done on one charge providing it's not too long and/or wet, which is broadly 80m2. The first cut of the year I need to do the front and then charge it up before doing the back. It's okay, I would've gone petrol but the mower my dad gave me was knackered beyond repair (despite him claiming it was easy to fix LOL)!
    Thanks, Petrol it is

Just checked a few reviews, just like cars rechargeable aren't up to speed yet!

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Save yourself time and water

Concrete your lawn

Stick a few plant pots on it

Stop messing about and get on with your life
    It's actions like that that cause the sewers to back up and pollute rivers etc. Then certain kinds of people complain about the government not sorting it out.

I just got a battery mower, ample for my small back & front lawns. Got a good deal on Amazon Prime day - £130 from £220!
    Mrs H wants me to lay "plastic grass" but I won't entertain the idea.

International

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I just got a battery mower, ample for my small back & front lawns. Got a good deal on Amazon Prime day - £130 from £220!
    Mrs H wants me to lay "plastic grass" but I won't entertain the idea.
    Don't blame you lots of people are ripping them back out and going back to real grass.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Thanks for reminding me https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...06#post5440306

The first three posts at 9:26 ar just Deisel, Oil and Petrol mowers

I was given a lovely Honda petrol mower many moons ago by my father in law, as he loved the one that he had. It was our wedding gift, which was most generous of him.

One of the ironies of it is that my father in law was a greenie guy. Not a narcissist though, nor a doomster. A practical greenie, who thought that cleaner air, seas and rivers were a good thing - as do I. A reasonable man in my estimation. But I can vouch for the Honda petrol. It is rock solid, has lasted years, has given a good return on my zero investment, even if it is a tad heavy. Mind you I service it every year like clockwork. Although I do appreciate the lightness of the former electric Flymo and miss it to some degree, I wouldn’t swap it for my Honda petrol.

Unlike my next door neighbour Craig, who is a proper, lazy git, Squealing Mary when it comes to the environment. Now he and his wife also hate my Honda petrol. No love lost, there. That joyful moment of revving up the engine seems to trigger them both. Good old Craig whinged the the other week when I cut down my two hazel trees to the bone, to allow more light into the upper end of my garden. He was shouting something as the branches fell but I just ignored him and smiled. “He is a tree rapist” whinged his wife. Tree rapist? That is an interesting concept. Their mental insanity knows no bounds. Borderline autism I would say. Still, their issue, not mine. They had even polluted their child’s mind: “Mummy he is cutting the trees, he hates the environment”. Both Gamma / Omega males, right there. One for the present, one for the future. Like father like son.

But then again Craig is an entitled brat. Rumour has it that he and his wife has his mortgage paid by his wife’s parents from Oxford. A classic trustafarian brat. No chips on shoulder like some on here. Fair play to his parents, but pity to him. Still, I labour the point. As with green boilers, green cars and all the other expensive ideas they want to force on the poor people I shall not change my gorgeous little Honda petrol until the prices drop, or until the government offer a chunky subsisdy. It is their pet project, not mine, so they should pony up the coins, not me. Price isn’t a problem, but it is the principle of it, and that is that. That is my considered view on the matter.

Which they won’t offer, because of the debt load moonshots that Gordon Brown’s Labour left us, and the Boris-Sunak Co-Vid lockdown imposed around our neck. Their own stupidity rendered all this unaffordable. But nor should they offer a subsidy in principle. If the idea is practical and workable, then it should be affordable, which none of this stuff is.

Which is awfully odd when the World Economic Forum have a stated objective of ensuring world leaders turn us into little green men, but equally they wish to “end poverty”. Quite how you “alleviate poverty” by imposing £50,000 Teslas, £15,000 eco boilers and £1000 green mowers on us seems to a little puzzle they haven’t quite figured out. No dots connected there from the thickies. But look at the calibre of politicians who produce these “goals”, and the 20 year impractical Screaming Mary’s and posh Tarquins shouting about it all, and none of it should come as a surprise.

Ahem. A little gently ramble there but funnily enough, once I finish this litte morning’s flat white I was thinking that perhaps today should be the day I get my Honda Petrol out, as I shall be on a good old sunny foreign holiday again tomorrow for a fortnight (third in three months, I really must slow down this year). Putting a bit more jet oil out there, which should hopefully pump a bit more fumes into Craig’s garden from Heathrow. Plus, the fact that Craig is in the garden next door again, I’ll have a little self-satisfying giggle as I rev up the engine and send a few fumes from the Honda through the fence and trigger the lazy Screaming Mary and his spurious wife.

I might even switch on my garden cameras and see if I can pick up on their prose and facial expressions as the engine does its good work. One to ponder.

Petrol I reckon. Just don't be like my Dad, and make sure you store it properly! 👍

International

I went Petrol, miles cheaper and more powerful and the last one lasted 12 years

The batteries on rechargeable will only last a few years ad will be expensive to keep replacing.

In 12 years the electric ones should be better and cheaper if we haven't moved onto something else?

I found these were the best if anyone else is looking, £20 off code if you sign up to emails

https://www.mowers-online.co.uk/