+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bellamy or Ramsey - which one was bigger

Bellamy or Ramsey - which one was bigger

Bellamy was by far the more in their prime player

But Ramsey being one of our own and choosing us because of his affiliation is such a big thing.

I don’t think younger fans realise how lucky we’ve been in the last 20 years and it’s been hell of a rollercoaster.

Bellamy for me but seeing Rambo play today will be utterly class

Re: Bellamy or Ramsey - which one was bigger

Bellamy for me.

But Ramsey coming home all those years after watching him making his debut feels very special.

Bellamy. I think Rambo has a little of the 'heart over head' about it. don't get me wrong, for a Championship side close to the bottom of the Championship he's more than we could ever have hoped for, but there's a part of me that's expecting it to be a bit of a damp squib.

Ramsey is and has been the ultimate professional all his career, never heard anyone say a bad word about him

I was in my my mid fifties when we first signed Bellamy and, on a whim, drove down to the ground to see him being presented to a crowd which, from memory ran into four figures - until that day, that was the sort of thing I would have pestered my dad to take me to when I was about ten. Bellamy just seemed such a big signing at the time and he was, as he was still a good Premier League player. It’s great to have Ramsey back with us and my opinion of him has gone up even further in the last week,but it has to be Bellamy.

Ramsey by a few inches.

Bellamy delivered at bigger and more clubs consistently.

Bellamy for me. That was a genuinely astonishing signing. He had been one of Man City'd best performers the year before when they just missed out on the champions league. Pretty sure he scored a dozen or so premier league goals.

He also went to Liverpool the season after, and I can't see that happening with Rambo.

That's not to diminish the signing at all. It's a fantastic signing but I think an objective look at it would suggest Bellamy was the bigger deal..albeit only on loan.

Bigger clubs !!!!!!!!!!! Lol
    Arsenal and Juventus
    Who won more trophies???
    Played in a World and Euros final tournament

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Bellamy for me. That was a genuinely astonishing signing. He had been one of Man City'd best performers the year before when they just missed out on the champions league. Pretty sure he scored a dozen or so premier league goals.

He also went to Liverpool the season after, and I can't see that happening with Rambo.

That's not to diminish the signing at all. It's a fantastic signing but I think an objective look at it would suggest Bellamy was the bigger deal..albeit only on loan.
    My feelings exactly.

But Ramsey will be bigger this season!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ramsey by a few inches.
    Ha ha beat me too it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

I agree, Bellamy was closer to his prime, but you could see tonight a fit Ramsey could add so much.

Both were coming to the end of careers

Bellamy, knew his legs were going, always wanted to pay for his home town club, he made it happen ( the loan deal was very convenient for Man City, Us and Bellars ) he then of course went back to Liverpool, but he made the 2nd spell happen for himself and the club

Rambo, said he would have liked to have come back to us, he made it happen, took a pay cut to make it happen, of course he is back to be close to his Fam, we know that, but he had a massive tie to us

For me, Rambo, he still had another contract in him, but he wanted it here, but lets be honest, both were / are massive and only happened due to them being local lads with ties to the club

Bellamy by miles. Best signing the club ever made.

Bellamy by a distance. I’d say the chances of Ramsey signing for a major Premier League club (as Bellamy did) after a year in the Championship with City are practically zero.

Nevertheless, Ramsey is an interesting and unexpected signing. I’m surprised his arrival has resulted in an increase in season ticket sales, but apparently that’s the case.

Bellamy was still way too good for the championship.

There was also a lot more excitement around the club at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Ramsey is and has been the ultimate professional all his career, never heard anyone say a bad word about him
    He was unpopular with lots of Arsenal fans, probably seen as a rival to their darling Wilshere.

But feck knows why, he had that season scoring a hatful and scored in two successive FA Cup finals. All after a career threatening leg break. Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bellamy by a distance. I’d say the chances of Ramsey signing for a major Premier League club (as Bellamy did) after a year in the Championship with City are practically zero.

Nevertheless, Ramsey is an interesting and unexpected signing. I’m surprised his arrival has resulted in an increase in season ticket sales, but apparently that’s the case.
    why are you surprised ...I'm not

Two different types of player.I remember taking my eyes off the game and just watching Bellars for 15mins. Very clever with his runs but by and large relied on the rest of the side to bring him into the game and responding to his runs.On times he cut a frustrated figure.Ramsey will be totally different.Whatever front 3 we field will benefit immensely from Rambo's insight and his passing ability which was amply demonstrated last night.As for being in his prime we all know he could have probably fixed himself up with a Prem club but decided otherwise and my hope is he's finally clear of his niggling injuries suffered at Juve and Rangers and exposes the championship with the kind of no 10 play that most will not cope with.It wasn't lost on me the special attention he was given by the Port players last night that would have resulted in yellow cards in a league game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Bellamy by miles. Best signing the club ever made.
    To me, the best player we’ve signed in my time watching the City ,was Peter Whittingham

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Both were coming to the end of careers

Bellamy, knew his legs were going, always wanted to pay for his home town club, he made it happen ( the loan deal was very convenient for Man City, Us and Bellars ) he then of course went back to Liverpool, but he made the 2nd spell happen for himself and the club

Rambo, said he would have liked to have come back to us, he made it happen, took a pay cut to make it happen, of course he is back to be close to his Fam, we know that, but he had a massive tie to us

For me, Rambo, he still had another contract in him, but he wanted it here, but lets be honest, both were / are massive and only happened due to them being local lads with ties to the club
    Wasn't Bellamy's loan due to his marital problems or was that just a rumour

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    To me, the best player we’ve signed in my time watching the City ,was Peter Whittingham
    Here here.

But the most exciting, at the time of the signing, was Bellamy for me. He had terrorised every defence in the prem, remember his performance at Old Trafford? Ramsey is still a huge coup though, if we manage him correctly he can have a real effect. Class is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Here here.

But the most exciting, at the time of the signing, was Bellamy for me. He had terrorised every defence in the prem, remember his performance at Old Trafford? Ramsey is still a huge coup though, if we manage him correctly he can have a real effect. Class is permanent.
    Where where

I loved watching Bellamy, and had a lot more respect for him after reading his book, and would have loved him to have stayed longer but Whitts performed to a high level for the 10 years,he was with us. I still think about him when I go into the Park Hotel.