+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: We are going to finish 23rd

Re: We are going to finish 23rd

All keepers have the ability to pull off spectacular saves

But it's the meat and drink playing from the back , distribution , organising the defence etc that breeds confidence that is vital

And we don't have a goalkeeper in the two main incumbents who offer that

So we need a new face and possibly two

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Nah we need a keeper as an absolute priority.

Then a CB.

I think 2 players of quality there and we should be safe.
    We are one injury away from Jack Simpson starting, and god knows who can pass in CM if we lose Wintle. Ugbo is not prolific, we need another option.

Allsop is OK, he’s not great but he was not the season we couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo last season.

A couple of weeks to go, and without 2 or 3 good signings, I think currently we're no stronger than last season. Does our manager know the Championship ? Has he underestimated it ? I hope not, but he doesn't half sound optimistic !

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We are one injury away from Jack Simpson starting, and god knows who can pass in CM if we lose Wintle. Ugbo is not prolific, we need another option.

Allsop is OK, he’s not great but he was not the season we couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo last season.
    I’d rather a first choice keeper than a back up CB even if it meant Simpson starting. I’d be amazed if both aren’t signed though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’d rather a first choice keeper than a back up CB even if it meant Simpson starting. I’d be amazed if both aren’t signed though.
    I would be surprised if we sign a keeper

This is why a central defender is a priority. Simpson being one injury away from first team action fills me with dread. Nice guy but not championship level.

I think we’re definitely stronger than last season

It leaves question marks over the manager for me if he can’t see it.

We have so many holes to fill. Allsop and Alnwick aren’t as bad as people make out on here. We cannot plug every gap, and we need to get people out. Alnwick and Allsop both have a contract, it isn’t that simple and we can only have 5 loans in a squad. Good keepers that can be signed for free don't grow on trees.

International

Allsop is one of the best keepers in the League.

If you want to be relegated he's your man he was very unlucky not to get a three-year treble last season, if it hadn't been for Reading and Wigan's points deductions he would have got that honor last season, and he only missed it by a point or two.

International

We have so many holes to fill. Allsop and Alnwick aren’t as bad as people make out on here. We cannot plug every gap, and we need to get people out. Alnwick and Allsop both have a contract, it isn’t that simple and we can only have 5 loans in a squad. Good keepers that can be signed for free don't grow on trees.

Keepers and Strikers are the two most important positions on the pitch, if we had Kaba and a good keeper I would be feeling a lot more optimistic.

International

I'd be amazed if we aren't already trying.

International

I don't think he will start a game this season, they would reshuffle NG before contemplating that, and I'd try and move him on, they need a centre half too and I'm sure they will be looking for one also.

International

Too right sacked by Christmas.

It's not only making saves that make a keeper so important it's instilling confidence in the defence like Marshall used to and commanding his area.

A keeper is the number one priority.

I don’t understand why people are flapping and doom mongering when we are nowhere near the end of the transfer window. Maybe give the new manager a chance to finish assembling his squad before you decide it’s not good enough?

Looking at the reality of things seems to be a no-no on here if that look ends up not being full of positivity. Here's my take on transfers so far.

Kipre out, Goutas in. Kipre was our best centre back last season by a distance. Who knows if Goutas is as good? Maybe he will be. Let's hope so because if he isn't we're in the shit. Ng was average at centre back when played there, McGuinness is debatably more a League 1 player and prone to the odd mistake. Then we have Jack Simpson. Christ. Goutas the unknown apart, that's the worst we've had in centre defence arguably since we were last in the third tier. No reason for optimism there.

Watters/Harris/Kaba/Philogene out, Meite/Ugbo/Grant in. Grant should be an improvement there, but Philogene will be missed. The others fail to inspire me so far. Hopefully I'll be wrong. Shame we lost Kaba, but Harris and Watters aren't good enough at this level.

Ramsey in. Hopefully he'll inspire and get an extra bit out of the players we have around him. His influence will be absolutely crucial.

Hopefully we'll get full seasons out of Adams and Collins. They look capable of being better than we have. Colwill needs to step up to the plate.

Some will call me negative without being remotely interested in offering different opinions. I don't give a shit about that.

There's the potential for things to be better than last season but I fear it will all be unravelled because of a lack of quality still in midfield and at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I don’t understand why people are flapping and doom mongering when we are nowhere near the end of the transfer window. Maybe give the new manager a chance to finish assembling his squad before you decide it’s not good enough?
    Isn't that what others are doing - looking at the situation as it stands and commenting on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Looking at the reality of things seems to be a no-no on here if that look ends up not being full of positivity. Here's my take on transfers so far.

Kipre out, Goutas in. Kipre was our best centre back last season by a distance. Who knows if Goutas is as good? Maybe he will be. Let's hope so because if he isn't we're in the shit. Ng was average at centre back when played there, McGuinness is debatably more a League 1 player and prone to the odd mistake. Then we have Jack Simpson. Christ. Goutas the unknown apart, that's the worst we've had in centre defence arguably since we were last in the third tier. No reason for optimism there.

Watters/Harris/Kaba/Philogene out, Meite/Ugbo/Grant in. Grant should be an improvement there, but Philogene will be missed. The others fail to inspire me so far. Hopefully I'll be wrong. Shame we lost Kaba, but Harris and Watters aren't good enough at this level.

Ramsey in. Hopefully he'll inspire and get an extra bit out of the players we have around him. His influence will be absolutely crucial.

Hopefully we'll get full seasons out of Adams and Collins. They look capable of being better than we have. Colwill needs to step up to the plate.

Some will call me negative without being remotely interested in offering different opinions. I don't give a shit about that.

There's the potential for things to be better than last season but I fear it will all be unravelled because of a lack of quality still in midfield and at the back.
    Abandon hope all ye who enter here !

Stick to the darts sonny ff sake

Isn't that what others are doing - looking at the situation as it stands and commenting on it?
    The ones who are looking at things like you are miserable gits with black glasses on carrying a copy of the book of the dead

A number of posts I’ve read in this thread are predicting a poor season based on an unfinished squad. It’s like picking the winner of the Grand National when only 5 out of 40 horses have been announced

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    A number of posts I’ve read in this thread are predicting a poor season based on an unfinished squad. It’s like picking the winner of the Grand National when only 5 out of 40 horses have been announced
    But that's just the feeling as things stand at the moment, unless you're suggesting everyone doesn't have an opinion until the squad is completed?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The ones who are looking at things like you are miserable gits with black glasses on carrying a copy of the book of the dead
    Water off a duck's back, mate. At least I'm giving thoughts on what's going on instead of piss all like you.

But that's just the feeling as things stand at the moment, unless you're suggesting everyone doesn't have an opinion until the squad is completed?
    Absolutely not what I’m saying. People saying we could do with players in a, b or c positions or we are going to struggle is very different to we are going to struggle this season.

[QUOTE=rich munn;5440768][QUOTE=OurManFlint II;5440693Only the Welsh goggles think Ramsey will be a success, almost everyone else think he's finished.

This is an example of the stupidity of social media.

How anyone could make such a crass comment as a fact and get away with it is beyond me. I don't know whose Man Flint you are but they are welcome to you.

[/QUOTE]

sorry to many typos or pints, not sure on your point but love your optimism...me, i'm an optimism with experience

Water off a duck's back, mate. At least I'm giving thoughts on what's going on instead of piss all like you.
    They are nonsense statements from inside a damaged brain

We could beat Swansea ten nil and you would moan it wasn't eleven