+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: We are going to finish 23rd

Re: We are going to finish 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Absolutely not what I’m saying. People saying we could do with players in a, b or c positions or we are going to struggle is very different to we are going to struggle this season.
    Are the last two parts of your sentence the same thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It leaves question marks over the manager for me if he can’t see it.
    Under an embargo, right, what an idiot this manager is....transfer kitty for the next 5 years already gone to Nantes. The poor f*cker is juggling plates and people want more...For Cardiff to come close to break even they probably need a wage budget of 4k across 23 players.
    Honestly, who is going to buy anybody from our squad, secondly where is the money coming from to fund such luxuries of a new keeper on a free, no less ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Are the last two parts of your sentence the same thing ?
    Nope. The latter point is about people presuming we will struggle this season before the manager has finished building his squad

They are nonsense statements from inside a damaged brain

We could beat Swansea ten nil and you would moan it wasn't eleven
    Over to you. I'm interested to hear why you think they are nonsense statements. Be prepared to back up your arguments.

Nope. The latter point is about people presuming we will struggle this season before the manager has finished building his squad
    Yes, but they're only doing so based on what's happened so far, which is why I asked whether posters shouldn't have an opinion until the squad is completed. You've said they are allowed an opinion before then, which is what they're giving.

What's the middle bit about then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, but they're only doing so based on what's happened so far, which is why I asked whether posters shouldn't have an opinion until the squad is completed. You've said they are allowed an opinion before then, which is what they're giving.
    Of course everyone can have an opinion, I’m all for free speech. It just seems strange to me to predict a poor season before we know the full squad available.

Over to you. I'm interested to hear why you think they are nonsense statements. Be prepared to back up your arguments.
    You don't set the rules sonny

What's the middle bit about then ?
    Are you being silly Sludge?

So is the other one ff sake

Of course everyone can have an opinion, I’m all for free speech. It just seems strange to me to predict a poor season before we know the full squad available.
    Yeah but how....how we going to "finish business", with no money, boarding FFP, and a transfer embargo?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Yeah but how....how we going to "finish business", with no money, boarding FFP, and a transfer embargo?
    We seem to be doing ok so far, and there’s loans available and players to leave also

Are you being silly Sludge?
    We are going to struggle

We are going to struggle this season

That's your sentence composition and as far as I can see there is no difference ....

You say there is

I am stranded on the island of confusion here mate

We are going to struggle

We are going to struggle this season

That's your sentence composition and as far as I can see there is no difference ....

You say there is

I am stranded on the island of confusion here mate
    How’s this:

A) People saying we could do with players in a, b or c positions or we are going to struggle

B) is very different to we are going to struggle this season. ( so not factoring in any new additions whilst predicting a poor campaign)

How’s this:

A) People saying we could do with players in a, b or c positions or we are going to struggle

B) is very different to we are going to struggle this season. ( so not factoring in any new additions whilst predicting a poor campaign)
    That's better

Now you are speaking my language

You don't set the rules sonny
    Nicely avoided and useful for future reference.

This time last summer we had brought in Kipre on loan, but not Philogene - and Kaba was 6 months in the future. We hadn't signed Etete or Robinson either - although both those were for fees which we can't do this window. I expect 3 more in - and I'm sure they will change the look of the squad.

Nicely avoided and useful for future reference.
    I can't be arsed debating with the most miserable pundit on here .......equals avoidance

I can deal with that

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This time last summer we had brought in Kipre on loan, but not Philogene - and Kaba was 6 months in the future. We hadn't signed Etete or Robinson either - although both those were for fees which we can't do this window. I expect 3 more in - and I'm sure they will change the look of the squad.
    Spot on

I can't be arsed debating with the most miserable pundit on here .......equals avoidance

I can deal with that
    In fairness, you've spent decades avoiding debate when it suits you.

In fairness, you've spent decades avoiding debate when it suits you.
    In fairness that's cobblers

Stick to jocky wilson

Taking a positive slant on things, we've now got two goods players back (Collins and Robinson), who both missed a substantial number of games last season, a proven goalscorer in Karlan Grant, a certain Aaron Ramsey and the promise of at least three more additions before the season starts.

Although nothing can be taken for granted in this league, for the life of me I cannot understand why many on here seem so fearful of our chances this season. The friendlies were used to raise fitness levels and try out different players and systems so should not be used as a barometer of our future success or otherwise. It is very likely our squad will bear little resemblance to the current one in a few weeks time.

Another factor that has been overlooked is that come January, the embargo will have been lifted and we will be able to play the market again should funds be available, which I'm reasonably certain they will be. At the end of last season, the feeling of doom was palpable. By and large the feelgood factor has returned and a defeat against one of the best teams in Europe shouldn't change this.

In fairness that's cobblers

Stick to jocky wilson
    He's right though, old chum.

International

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Under an embargo, right, what an idiot this manager is....transfer kitty for the next 5 years already gone to Nantes. The poor f*cker is juggling plates and people want more...For Cardiff to come close to break even they probably need a wage budget of 4k across 23 players.
    Honestly, who is going to buy anybody from our squad, secondly where is the money coming from to fund such luxuries of a new keeper on a free, no less ?
    The same as the rest free transfer or a loan, probably a premier League young keeper.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Agreed that's the reported situation, we will need them.