+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Relegation from The Championship picks

Relegation from The Championship picks

Article that appeared on News Now has us relegated.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/07/26/incre...on-prediction/

Bookies I checked have smaller odds on Rotherham, Plymouth, QPR, Huddersfield to go down.

Then they have…City, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday at 4-1.

Probably rose tinted optimism but I‘ve been thinking that mid table is realistic for us this season.
    I’ve not really looked at many of the incomings of our rivals so a bit arbitrarily and based on the odds, I’m going for Rotherham, QPR and Preston.

Who do you have to go down?

Re: Relegation from The Championship picks

There's not a chance in hell we will go down. Bookmark this at your leisure

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Article that appeared on News Now has us relegated.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/07/26/incre...on-prediction/

Bookies I checked have smaller odds on Rotherham, Plymouth, QPR, Huddersfield to go down.

Then they have…City, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday at 4-1.

Probably rose tinted optimism but I‘ve been thinking that mid table is realistic for us this season.
    I’ve not really looked at many of the incomings of our rivals so a bit arbitrarily and based on the odds, I’m going for Rotherham, QPR and Preston.

Who do you have to go down?
    I'll go with Rotherham, QPR and West Brom

Bristol City , Swansea and Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Those are three we would all like to see relegated from the Championship this season, but sadly it ain't gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If Carlsberg did league tables.....

Not Bristol, please. That's a nice easy away trip.

Nobody knows at this stage. It’s just bookies trying to make money out of mug gamblers.

It is rather surprising that both those guys predicted relegation for us but I suppose from a neutrals point of view you can sort of understand their logic. I know we say this every year but this does seem to be the strongest Championship ever with very few obvious relegation candidates, especially when compared to last season.

I'm hoping we can get away to a good start and if necessary strengthen during the January window when it is likely funds will made available.

For me we have to drastically improve our home form almost immediately or we will be back fighting relegation

Hopefully can continue our ability to win unexpected away points which has saved us the last two seasons

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    For me we have to drastically improve our home form almost immediately or we will be back fighting relegation

Hopefully can continue our ability to win unexpected away points which has saved us the last two seasons
    Yes, our home form over the last 3 seasons is as bad as any time in our history. I find it amazing that we've sold so many season tickets given, according to Sludge, we're fickle and would find any excuse to stop supporting the club.

How do I bet against this? I will lump on.

So true about our home record.

We were one of the three worst teams in the Championship last season and have lost perhaps our three most influential players from them.we’ve got a manager who no one had heard of before except our Chairman and, albeit under an embargo, have made five signings that you don’t have to dig too far to find reasons why they could well be duds - I should add that the five have a better chances of being successes than the majority of our signings last summer did.

It’s little wonder then that there are going to be quite a few who predict us for the drop.

So true about our home record.

We were one of the three worst teams in the Championship last season and have lost perhaps our three most influential players from then, we’ve got a manager who no one had heard of before except our Chairman and, albeit under an embargo, have made five signings that you don’t have to dig too far to find reasons why they could well be duds - I should add though that the five have a better chance of being successes than the majority of our signings last summer did.

It’s little wonder then that there are going to be quite a few who predict us for the drop.

On nearly every one of these prediction lists I've seen us nailed on to go down (and even finish bottom in a lot of cases).

I would say that firstly, predicting the Championship is an entirely pointless exercise as (a) there is absolutely nothing between 90% of the sides, and (b) there is still a lot of transfer activity to be done.

I would have us to finish somewhere between 12th and 18th. Possibly around 10th if we can get Kieffer in.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How do I bet against this? I will lump on.
    Betfair exchange, probably won't get much matched at this stage though.

I was checking the recent signings of all of our rivals and it's fair to say they've nearly all recruited lots of decent players (on paper at least), although none as eye-catching as Aaron Ramsey.

One that did make me take notice was Hull's signing of Vinagre from Sporting Lisbon of all teams. Would have been great if his first name was Zoltan but alas it's Ruben.

another season prediction thread