+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eli King loaned to Morecambe

Eli King loaned to Morecambe

Re: Eli King loaned to Morecambe

Good move for him, hope he does well.

League 2 again - after Crewe. I hoped he would get a League 1 loan this time if he was going out.

The experiment of using King as a CB in pre-season hasn't signified anything.

With Denham loaned out and Xavier Benjamin surely going out too - and Ng as a RB in a back 4 - the centre back options are looking very thin. Simpson - and that is it.

Surely we need a couple of CBs?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

With Denham loaned out and Xavier Benjamin surely going out too - and Ng as a RB in a back 4 - the centre back options are looking very thin. Simpson - and that is it.

Definitely

League 2 again - after Crewe. I hoped he would get a League 1 loan this time if he was going out.

I think it demonstrated that he isn’t a CB, and with the midfield dept looking so crowded, it makes sense for him to be out playing league football regularly, rather than U23.

Great incentive for him to show what he’s capable of and gain real experience.

I was hoping that he would have had a better move than league 2 but I suppose Morecambe is one of the better teams in that league and better for him to be playing weekly in 2 than piecemeal in 1

Will be watching out for him

I was hoping that he would have had a better move than league 2 but I suppose Morecambe is one of the better teams in that league and better for him to be playing weekly in 2 than piecemeal in 1

Will be watching out for him

Ask DML first.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I think it demonstrated that he isn’t a CB, and with the midfield dept looking so crowded, it makes sense for him to be out playing league football regularly, rather than U23.

Great incentive for him to show what he’s capable of and gain real experience.
    Really? I thought he strolled through the games where he played centreback looking pretty comfortable - I’d trust him there in the first team a lot more than I would Benjamin.

I think League Two is realistic as he drifted out of the Crewe side towards the end of his time there, so he didn’t really “conquer” that division last season. Best of luck to him, as a relegated side, you’d think Morecambe would be closer to the top of the division than the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Really? I thought he strolled through the games where he played centreback looking pretty comfortable - I’d trust him there in the first team a lot more than I would Benjamin.

I think League Two is realistic as he drifted out of the Crewe side towards the end of his time there, so he didn’t really “conquer” that division last season. Best of luck to him, as a relegated side, you’d think Morecambe would be closer to the top of the division than the bottom.
    I’ll rephrase it, he isn’t going to be a CB at Championship level, so we need to add a CB for this season.
    Rather than looking to be available as a back up CB, he needs to be playing as a midfielder, getting lots of experience in that position
    The challenge for him is to not only hold down the position while out on loan, but to show after a successful season that he can make the next step up.
    Obviously something that the club think he is capable of, as he recently signed a new contract.
    I hope he does well there and everyone benefits from the loan experience.

Is this wise ?