Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
We had a thread on ojo recently. I think that managers see a player in there, others just think he's plain shite, fair enough, and cyril and jon made some interesting comments on his confidence, demeanour etc. It could be a combination of things really, but i don't think he's quite right, can't put my finger on it.

I thought that he was poor yesterday. Had some decent opportunities to be assertive and aggressive in possession and he fluffed his lines. It's like there's something stopping him, could well be a lack of ability, although sometimes it isn't that simple in my opinion.
Just out of interest, how many attackers do you think we have who could be said to have a “good football brain”? Robinson sees things quickly, but I’m struggling to think of any one else who does. Ojo just seems to be a natural footballer who does not respond positively if he’s facing an opponent that can cope with his pace and power. It looked to me as if he was running on empty mentally as last season drew to a close and his confidence was completely shot.

Managers see Ojo’s physical strengths on show in training and, understandably, assume he can translate what they see there into game situations, but he doesn’t. Looking back, he did pretty well in the first half of his first season with us, but it was amazing to see him getting so much game time last season when he was consistently poor in a poor attack.

Ojo kept Robinson out of the starting line up yesterday and, given that he did well last week for a while, you could maybe understand it, but when is the last time Ojo had a major influence in a Championship match? I can’t think of one game from last season when he did.