+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ojo

Ojo

Seems to be part of our plans for this season if pre season is anything to go by.

What is it with him? Personally I cant work it out. This will be our 4th manager who has played him. In addition to Liverpool giving him extended contracts and several championship clubs taking him on loan. Why?

Often you get a ralls type player who managers always like and play and fans get frustrated. What is it about ojo that he always gets picked? Am I missing something? He seems equally ineffective in all positions but the fact he's often moved around including places like left back suggest he's someone managers think they can rely on?

He doesn't even seem that skilful to me?

Despite this post I don't particularly dislike him he just seems a league 1 or league 2 player to me. If we let him go surely that's where he'd end up? I wouldn't even call him lazy more just not very good. Just struggling to work the situation out!

Re: Ojo

We had a thread on ojo recently. I think that managers see a player in there, others just think he's plain shite, fair enough, and cyril and jon made some interesting comments on his confidence, demeanour etc. It could be a combination of things really, but i don't think he's quite right, can't put my finger on it.

I thought that he was poor yesterday. Had some decent opportunities to be assertive and aggressive in possession and he fluffed his lines. It's like there's something stopping him, could well be a lack of ability, although sometimes it isn't that simple in my opinion.

Plain shite

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Plain shite
    Bluetit stop sitting on the fence, say what you mean lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We had a thread on ojo recently. I think that managers see a player in there, others just think he's plain shite, fair enough, and cyril and jon made some interesting comments on his confidence, demeanour etc. It could be a combination of things really, but i don't think he's quite right, can't put my finger on it.

I thought that he was poor yesterday. Had some decent opportunities to be assertive and aggressive in possession and he fluffed his lines. It's like there's something stopping him, could well be a lack of ability, although sometimes it isn't that simple in my opinion.
    Just out of interest, how many attackers do you think we have who could be said to have a “good football brain”? Robinson sees things quickly, but I’m struggling to think of any one else who does. Ojo just seems to be a natural footballer who does not respond positively if he’s facing an opponent that can cope with his pace and power. It looked to me as if he was running on empty mentally as last season drew to a close and his confidence was completely shot.

Managers see Ojo’s physical strengths on show in training and, understandably, assume he can translate what they see there into game situations, but he doesn’t. Looking back, he did pretty well in the first half of his first season with us, but it was amazing to see him getting so much game time last season when he was consistently poor in a poor attack.

Ojo kept Robinson out of the starting line up yesterday and, given that he did well last week for a while, you could maybe understand it, but when is the last time Ojo had a major influence in a Championship match? I can’t think of one game from last season when he did.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just out of interest, how many attackers do you think we have who could be said to have a “good football brain”? Robinson sees things quickly, but I’m struggling to think of any one else who does. Ojo just seems to be a natural footballer who does not respond positively if he’s facing an opponent that can cope with his pace and power. It looked to me as if he was running on empty mentally as last season drew to a close and his confidence was completely shot.

Managers see Ojo’s physical strengths on show in training and, understandably, assume he can translate what they see there into game situations, but he doesn’t. Looking back, he did pretty well in the first half of his first season with us, but it was amazing to see him getting so much game time last season when he was consistently poor in a poor attack.

Ojo kept Robinson out of the starting line up yesterday and, given that he did well last week for a while, you could maybe understand it, but when is the last time Ojo had a major influence in a Championship match? I can’t think of one game from last season when he did.
    Yeah be good when the season starts but there is every possibility based on pre season that ojo will be in our strongest starting X1. I find that thought completely baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yeah be good when the season starts but there is every possibility based on pre season that ojo will be in our strongest starting X1. I find that thought completely baffling.
    I find it extremely worrying.

I cant believe Ojo will start ahead of Robinson next week.

He’s got no bollox basically, doesn’t matter how good he is, No bollox no - commitment

He had a good game Bristol City at home last season. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    I find it extremely worrying.
    Absolutely me too.

My confidence in Bulut will drop like a stone if he continues to pick him.

Ojo is full of talent he needs a real good mentor with exceptional man management, criticism will get him no where ..

Ojo almost always fluffs his lines when he has lines to read. More lines would probably only confuse him.

I've had enough of his 15-second good runs or spells.

But I am not the single-agenda hater Bluetit is, it's more complicated than that. I agree with Tuerto that despite the commentators' optimism Ojo flattered to deceive. He always does that.

His main problem for me is his decision-making. Surely that can be coached.

He’s got no bollox basically, doesn’t matter how good he is, No bollox no - commitment

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ojo is full of talent he needs a real good mentor with exceptional man management, criticism will get him no where ..
    You’ve spelt talent wrong, it’s spelt “shite” in Ojo’s case

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Yeah, Robinson seems to have some intelligence about him, the rest don't seem to have any, in fact, right across the squad. There was a moment during the first half when Ramsey played a nice slide rule through to ojo. It looked like Ramsey hadn't put 'enough' on the pass and ojo sort of got ahead of the ball and had to adjust himself, which kind of killed the move, it allowed the fullback to set himself. Most of us would probably blame Ramsey, but it wasn't his fault, he expected ojo to check his run due to the angle. Ojo didn't and it sort of slowed everything down, you could see ramsey attempting to explain to ojo what he expected him to do, like what would have happened at Arsenal and Juve.

I suppose that's the difference, poor players can make a good pass look bad, good players can make a poor pass look good. We are seriously lacking in intelligence, and i think that Ramsey may end up a bit frustrated on times.

Yeah, Robinson seems to have some intelligence about him, the rest don't seem to have any, in fact, right across the squad. There was a moment during the first half when Ramsey played a nice slide rule through to ojo. It looked like Ramsey hadn't put 'enough' on the pass and ojo sort of got ahead of the ball and had to adjust himself, which kind of killed the move, it allowed the fullback to set himself. Most of us would probably blame Ramsey, but it wasn't his fault, he expected ojo to check his run due to the angle. Ojo didn't and it sort of slowed everything down, you could see ramsey attempting to explain to ojo what he expected him to do, like what would have happened at Arsenal and Juve.

I suppose that's the difference, poor players can make a good pass look bad, good players can make a poor pass look good. We are seriously lacking in intelligence, and i think that Ramsey may end up a bit frustrated on times.
    You’ve just described the very incident that prompted me to ask my question - it was typical 22/23 Cardiff City attacking, an object lesson in how to turn what at least should have been a shot on goal into just nothing. Maybe Ramsey had a part to play in why the whole thing fizzled out, but he’s invariably played the right pass in a situation like that throughout his career, so I know who I thought was to blame - the player who had such a poor season last time around.

I agree with all that's been said about Ojo and it is baffling why those making the decisions seem to stick with him.

So it's as sure as eggs, as they say, that he will start the game, do next to nothing as usual and score the only goal of the game off his arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I agree with all that's been said about Ojo and it is baffling why those making the decisions seem to stick with him.

So it's as sure as eggs, as they say, that he will start the game, do next to nothing as usual and score the only goal of the game off his arse!
    If Ono’s arse scores the winning goal at Weeds I’ll be more than happy

International

He's looked very frustrated already, I don't blame him.

International

I think Grant looks sharp, he is more likely to be understanding Ramsey's ability and making the right runs, as would Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    If Ono’s arse scores the winning goal at Weeds I’ll be more than happy
    John Lennon will be pleased too, looking on from above.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I think Grant looks sharp, he is more likely to be understanding Ramsey's ability and making the right runs, as would Moore.
    Grant looks like he can play a bit cut in his right foot nicely a dipped a shot with pace on it, good technique in my opinion. The problem we seem to have with the Grants of this world is getting them to play consistently. It's all well and good having a player who scores a 9 1 game in 8, we need solid 7 performances consistently with the odd couple of minutes of real quality that can be the difference between winning and losing. We don't seem to be able to drag that out of players with obvious ability.

One thing we haven't had for a while, certainly since Tomlin under Harris and certain players under Warnock, is big performers, players who can perform inspite of the others, and I think that we're going to need that with a squad that is pretty limited in terms of ability, if we are to progress. We don't seem to be able to make promising players better, we don't get them in a position where if they aren't doing what they're best at, then they're contributing in other ways that allow other players to make an impact. If we're off the boil, then we're off the boil, and rarely do we see players change things or use a bit of intelligence and think that maybe they should concentrate on doing something different. It's been a problem with managers as well. It's so frustrating to see certain players start poorly, yet continue to do the same things without thinking about it. That's something that finished josh Murphy in my opinion (as well as a few other things) He didn't have a brain, ability, but no brain. It seems a prerequisite of wide players at this level.

Grant looks like he can play a bit cut in his right foot nicely a dipped a shot with pace on it, good technique in my opinion. The problem we seem to have with the Grants of this world is getting them to play consistently. It's all well and good having a player who scores a 9 1 game in 8, we need solid 7 performances consistently with the odd couple of minutes of real quality that can be the difference between winning and losing. We don't seem to be able to drag that out of players with obvious ability.

One thing we haven't had for a while, certainly since Tomlin under Harris and certain players under Warnock, is big performers, players who can perform inspite of the others, and I think that we're going to need that with a squad that is pretty limited in terms of ability, if we are to progress. We don't seem to be able to make promising players better, we don't get them in a position where if they aren't doing what they're best at, then they're contributing in other ways that allow other players to make an impact. If we're off the boil, then we're off the boil, and rarely do we see players change things or use a bit of intelligence and think that maybe they should concentrate on doing something different. It's been a problem with managers as well. It's so frustrating to see certain players start poorly, yet continue to do the same things without thinking about it. That's something that finished josh Murphy in my opinion (as well as a few other things) He didn't have a brain, ability, but no brain. It seems a prerequisite of wide players at this level.
    Chopra springs to mind. Off the field it would seem his private life was a bit of a mess. Too many wrong choices in his life.
    However, on the pitch he had a footballing brain that meant he DID make the right choices.
    He could "change things and use intelligence". Think instinctively, and not be predictable in his play. He was a joy to watch and had that little bit of narkiness about him, which meant he was always fired and focused.