Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bundesliga 2

Re: Bundesliga 2

I felt cold just watching that! 🥶

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsWM...nel=Bundesliga

Bit of quality action from the Bundesliga 2
    Can’t see it as I’m in Germany but it looked nuts in real time. I was there last night and disappointed that St Pauli didn’t get the reward for their dominance.

Top of the table St. Pauli draw away at bottom of the table Osnabruck. Hamburg drop to third after losing at home to Paderborn. Ever improving Hertha move within 4 points of Hamburg (having knocked them out of the cup during the week after equalising goals in the 90th and 120th mins!). Schalke remain in the bottom 3.

Shaping up nicely as they move towards the winter break.

Resumes this weekend after the winter break. Bundesliga 2 matches on Sky youtube this weekend - Schalke v Hamburg on Saturday and Hertha v Düsseldorf on Sunday.

On the subject of Hertha, this is a sad story. Kay Bernstein, who rose from ultra on the Ostkurve to club president dies at 43.

https://talksport.com/football/17143...-dies-aged-43/

From Kicker: “Berlin, which had fallen somewhat out of love with Hertha BSC, has taken this traditional club back to its heart.

That the alienation between the club and the active fan scene has been overcome, that this club, which has lived grotesquely beyond its means for years, has regained its footing - that is Bernstein's lasting merit.”

Hamburg beaten 4-3 at home by Hannover - looking good for St Pauli.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glatzel scored again

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I watched St Pauli v Greuther Fürth on youtube last weekend, and they said that apparently their last league defeat was the 4-3 in the derby back in April last year! (although they lost to Düsseldorf in the cup a couple of weeks ago). Could be 8 clear at the top by the end of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I watched St Pauli v Greuther Fürth on youtube last weekend, and they said that apparently their last league defeat was the 4-3 in the derby back in April last year! (although they lost to Düsseldorf in the cup a couple of weeks ago). Could be 8 clear at the top by the end of today.
    ....and, just as I post that, the unbeaten run is over! St. Pauli lose 1-0 at Magdeburg.

There was quite a few protest around the grounds in Germany today i.e. against Saudi and and private equity investors buying a stake in the in the Bundesliga marketing revenues, a move backed by two-thirds of the teams in the Bundesliga/Bundesliga 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There was quite a few protest around the grounds in Germany today i.e. against Saudi and and private equity investors buying a stake in the in the Bundesliga marketing revenues, a move backed by two-thirds of the teams in the Bundesliga/Bundesliga 2.
    Last night's HSV v Hannover game was stopped by protests for 15 mins and nearly called off from what I read. A banner with the owner's head in crosshairs in the Hannover end was part of the problem, presumably for support of the proposal you mention. Protests also against 'puppets in support of Saudi sportswashing' too. Big game between Leverkusen and Bayern on now also held up. A protest involving lots of throwing of sweeties. Well, it is Karnival time!

Are St. Pauli wobbling?. After the long undefeated run now a second defeat in the last 4, this time 3-1 at Schalke. Kiel close the gap, coming from 2 down at Hertha to equalise with a 97th min pen.

Hamburger SV can also close the gap with a home match against bottom of the table Osnabruck on Sunday.

Been watching a few on sky sports youtube, and must say coverage is very good. Interesting fact from the commentary tonight was that apparently for the first time in history Bundesliga 2 attendances last weekend were higher than those in the Bundesliga. Wonder if that has ever happened here.

I meant to post this last week.

Attendances in 2.Bundesliga outstripped the top flight last weekend

https://onefootball.com/en/news/fans...-time-39071754

Are St. Pauli wobbling?. After the long undefeated run now a second defeat in the last 4, this time 3-1 at Schalke. Kiel close the gap, coming from 2 down at Hertha to equalise with a 97th min pen.

Hamburger SV can also close the gap with a home match against bottom of the table Osnabruck on Sunday.

Been watching a few on sky sports youtube, and must say coverage is very good. Interesting fact from the commentary tonight was that apparently for the first time in history Bundesliga 2 attendances last weekend were higher than those in the Bundesliga. Wonder if that has ever happened here.
    It's definitely a mini wobble Peter. Not easy being front runners sometimes. Fully expect Hamburg to close the gap but they've got form for shooting themselves in the foot too.

Rivalry aside, I'll be happy to see both Hamburg clubs in the top flight next season

Chris Gunter scored for Freiburg against Bayern Munich last night…..thought I’d chuck that in.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    It's definitely a mini wobble Peter. Not easy being front runners sometimes. Fully expect Hamburg to close the gap but they've got form for shooting themselves in the foot too.

Rivalry aside, I'll be happy to see both Hamburg clubs in the top flight next season
    Prescient words Harry . Hamburg lose at home to a bottom of the table Osnabruck reduced to 10 men. Are HSV the ultimate bottlers of European football? I'd hate to be a fan of theirs!

...oh, and Glatzel scores again.

Prescient words Harry . Hamburg lose at home to a bottom of the table Osnabruck reduced to 10 men. Are HSV the ultimate bottlers of European football? I'd hate to be a fan of theirs!

...oh, and Glatzel scores again.
    Even a broken clock is correct twice a day mate 😄.
    Their record in recent years is getting freakish, they seem to be determined to remain in Bundeslega 2.
    All to play for, really looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

5 matches left. Top 5: Kiel 58, St. Pauli 57, Düsseldorf 52, Hamburg 49, Hannover 45

Dusseldorf are on fire, with 6 straight wins. St. Pauli are wobbling having lost the last 2. Hamburg v Kiel this evening is a huge match. Will Hamburg miss out yet again?

For those interested just a reminder that there is good live coverage on Sky Sports Youtube.