+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So 600 less season ticket holders currently than at end of last season

So 600 less season ticket holders currently than at end of last season

According to the trust update. Granted apparently higher than this Time last year at 13,900 but below the 14,500 we finished the season with.

Dalman confidently predicted we would "sell out" all season tickets when bulut was announced. He thought this was about 18k though. Ramsey was obviously in the bag by then. Maybe the Ramsey signing hasn't had the impact it was hoped by the board just yet?

We shall see who else is lined up to come in i guess as surely dalman would surely have known of others who had agreed to come in when he made that claim......

Re: So 600 less season ticket holders currently than at end of last season

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    According to the trust update. Granted apparently higher than this Time last year at 13,900 but below the 14,500 we finished the season with.

Dalman confidently predicted we would "sell out" all season tickets when bulut was announced. He thought this was about 18k though. Ramsey was obviously in the bag by then. Maybe the Ramsey signing hasn't had the impact it was hoped by the board just yet?

We shall see who else is lined up to come in i guess as surely dalman would surely have known of others who had agreed to come in when he made that claim......
    Good numbers for a team that survived by another teams point deductions.

All that other stuff about ‘surely’ is supposition. Let’s hope for more quality. .

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Good numbers for a team that survived by another teams point deductions.

All that other stuff about ‘surely’ is supposition. Let’s hope for more quality. .
    Yeah it is supposition just wondering why dalman was so confident of us selling out season tickets before the season started- as you say considering the past couple of seasons I'd assumed he'd have quite a few gems up his sleeve ready to be announced to predict that.

That's much better than I expected after the season we just endured. And Rambo notwithstanding, the squad we are left with.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's much better than I expected after the season we just endured. And Rambo notwithstanding, the squad we are left with.
    I agree. Its really good and credit to the club for keeping prices so low. You only need to attend half the games to get your money back on a ST they are so cheap. Think wrexham and lots of league 2 clubs are more expensive?

I suppose my point was dalman confidently predicted we'd sell out all season tickets before the season started. We seem quite a way off that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I’m amazed we have sold so many, quite a few I know have given up after the last few years endurance…..not youngsters either.

Yeah it is supposition just wondering why dalman was so confident of us selling out season tickets before the season started- as you say considering the past couple of seasons I'd assumed he'd have quite a few gems up his sleeve ready to be announced to predict that.
    I agree. Its really good and credit to the club for keeping prices so low. You only need to attend half the games to get your money back on a ST they are so cheap. Think wrexham and lots of league 2 clubs are more expensive?

I suppose my point was dalman confidently predicted we'd sell out all season tickets before the season started. We seem quite a way off that.
    Choo estimated 14,000 season ticket sales; Dalman went for 18,000.

Dalman has never had any idea about season ticket numbers or sales. He was just pumping up the 'feelgood' mood. Maybe he was hoping his claim would become self-fulfilling. More likely he was assuming Ejuke, Pelkas and a couple of other upgrades would be signed up within a few weeks. Unfortunately, they didn't buy into the hype.

Choo has learned the 'under-promise, over-deliver' mantra. Surprisingly Dalman hasn't.

Brilliant sales.

I see Chedira Ejuke has signed for Belgian Champions Royal Antwerp, out of the players we’ve been linked with, he was the one who most excited me and it seems we were pretty close to getting him. The link with Ross Barkley is genuine as well it seems and there looks to be something to the Keiffer Moore rumours, put these with Ramsey and they are more exciting targets than we saw last year - Dalman must have been thinking the fans would respond to this more than they have done and it’s hard to see someone who did not buy a season ticket after we got Ramsey doing so if, say, Ross Barkley signs next week

- I reckon we’ll end up with about 16,000 season ticket holders which would be about 5,000 more than I was expecting.

Good sales.

I am amazed at the number of sales considering the team performances last season.

We sound just as crap this year as we were last season
    Hope I’m wrong and bulut does sound the business ..like they all do until they get found out and then cast into the dustbin of ex city managers (which is currently over flowing)

Hope I’m wrong and happy to admit at Xmas time