+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: LEEDS UNITED 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: LEEDS UNITED 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

a shame to concede in the last min, but lets be honest, it had been coming

If most are honest, they would have been more than happy with a point away at Leeds on the 1st game of the season

it was never a game that we were going to look good going forward

On a massive plus, we scored 2 goals

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Not much between us and those 2, although I would say that both of them dominated their game at different points… I’m not sure we dominated at any stage today albeit against a very good side. I’m chuffed we got a point but even though I thought we were good at the back today, if we invite teams on to us we’re going to be backs to the wall in a lot of games.

I don’t think we had any significant control in midfiled, and honestly thought Ramsey was pretty ineffective
    Fair assessment, although i do think that Ramsey did a few clever things in tight areas and when he made the pass it was invariably ****ed up by someone. Sort of undid his good work. I'm strangely happy about todays performance. Can,t quite put my finger on it, but i'm pretty optimistic in terms of us actually making some progress. Ramsey needs an 'out' though ( in my opinion)

Re: LEEDS UNITED v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Perennial bottlers.

Absolutely useless.

Nothing changes.

Same old spineless Cardiff City.

Spineless bottle merchants. Embarrassing.
    Are you mad?

I suppose you wouldn't know, though...

Great defensive effort and a manager who knows what he has and uses it.

Well done City.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    You're an idiot.
    DDM is quite correct.

Utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Wow, I’m shocked at some of the reaction on here. A team that survived by luck last season drawing away at a team favourites for promotion & fresh out of the PL. I thought we did really well, especially the quick transition from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2. Lots of promise and we won’t face that much fire power too often this season.

I’m more optimistic now than before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That was a point won and one that most people would have taken prior to the kick off. I thought we did well in the first half but after they scored early in the second half another seemed inevitable. For them Summerville and Gnonto were a class above anything else on the field and Ampadu had a good game for them as well. For us McGuiness was immense.
    I agree with you V

blimey...just about 15 mins added time in Sunderland v Ipswich...!!

Delighted with a point, pleased with the commitment and determination shown by the players and impressed with our defensive organisation. We were aggressive in the challenge in the first half and looked very solid.

The second half however was a bit of a horror show. We were incapable of retaining possession for more than a few seconds, often gifting the ball to Leeds through poor passing or control, and couldn't relieve the pressure or move up the pitch. There was no cohesion between midfield and our forward players.

I don't know what that performance tells us about where we will finish this season. Leeds have premier league-quality attacking players, but they were relegated for a reason and we couldn't match their midfield or put their defence under any pressure for even short spells.

Leeds manager Daniel Farke:

"To be honest I'm really disappointed in the end. When you judge the game in an obvious way, by looking at the statistics, it's a scandal that we didn't win the game. In the second half in particular, there was only one team playing and chasing for everything.

leeds5.jpg

"It was looking like a power play at times, but we just couldn't get the second goal we were looking for. I just have to praise and compliment the lads, though. They've all put in a terrific shift. For us to go and equalise in the 95th minute after taking so many things in the neck, well, that just shows the character out there. It was a really important point for the confidence and the spirit, and we have to move on to the next game positively."

Cardiff's Erol Bulut:

"I think the draw was a fair result for us. We managed the pressure in the second half really well, but when you concede a goal just after half-time and then one at 90+5, you're never going to like it, and I don't like it.

"We played against a really good Leeds team. Individually they are very, very good, and they did put us under a lot of pressure in that second half. The atmosphere was great, too, and you expect that at the big games in this division. The result, though, with the way it was at one point, we have to be happy."

Things you could fit in the space Luke Ayling left for Cardiffs first goal

https://twitter.com/mv1era/status/16...xyPQF8Betlv1bw

blimey just heard leeds posession was 70% odd

and around 25 shots on goal... we had 2 and scored 2

and for what its worth i recon there 2nd goal was offside

Still recovering after that game I didn't think my heart would last the ninety….gutted in the end but like many, would have taken a point before hand. If I'm honest I was pleasantly surprised by that performance.

Good result but it was like men against boys.

We need a midfielder. I would have said the same regardless of Ralls going off injured.
    Adams showed commitment and got stuck in, but he doesn't look to have too much composure. I liked what I saw of Bowler, O'Dowda was his usual consistent self.
    With a fully-fit Robinson back, and Collins allowing O'Dowda to play further up the field, we'd have more about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    We need a midfielder. I would have said the same regardless of Ralls going off injured.
    Adams showed commitment and got stuck in, but he doesn't look to have too much composure. I liked what I saw of Bowler, O'Dowda was his usual consistent self.
    With a fully-fit Robinson back, and Collins allowing O'Dowda to play further up the field, we'd have more about us.
    O'Dowda was excellent.

Adams did ok I thought, I think he will get better as well once he gets used to this level

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    O'Dowda was excellent.

Adams did ok I thought, I think he will get better as well once he gets used to this level
    Yeah, it was quite a baptism for him. He did indeed do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It was like a $235,000,000 squad versus a $50,000,000 squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thought our defence played like men, certainly not novices, we stood up quite well under the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Yeah, it was quite a baptism for him. He did indeed do well.
    he made 7 tackles apparently, which was almost double any other player, despite being on the pitch for only 2/3 of the time.
    if he can couple that with a bit more composure on the ball then he could do well

he made 7 tackles apparently, which was almost double any other player, despite being on the pitch for only 2/3 of the time.
    if he can couple that with a bit more composure on the ball then he could do well
    Yeah, he did alright, a bit rigid, but all the same decent enough. As for making 7 tackles, that's what he's there for i would have thought. I can't really get enthused over stats that show a player reacting to the oppositions play. That might sound harsh, but it's a sort of forced stat. Interceptions different in my opinion, shows more about anticipation and being clever.

International

He did well, especially as he'd been out for a year, hopefully, will get used to the pace of the game and regain match fitness and add something to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    It was like a $235,000,000 squad versus a $50,000,000 squad.
    More like $5 million squad. Fearless underdogs 👍😜