+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dimitrios Goutas

Dimitrios Goutas

After the wave of negativity because we didn't score in a few preseason games, I'd like to counter it with some Goutas the Great.

EFL expert (and not a City fan) Gabriel Sutton has this to say about him:

Really think we've got ourselves a good'un here.

Re: Dimitrios Goutas

I’m hopeful that he will be great for us.
    We could do with another CB to partner him or maybe switch NG and get a back up/replacement for Romeo.

I also really want to see Collins start at LB.

Goutas may (or may not) be great, but in reality that was a bang average bit of defending.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    After the wave of negativity because we didn't score in a few preseason games, I'd like to counter it with some Goutas the Great.

Love that commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Goutas may (or may not) be great, but in reality that was a bang average bit of defending.
    Agree. He just kicked the ball (admittedly in the right direction).
    The thing that I noted was the insistence of our defenders to play around with the ball instead of clearing the danger.
    DON'T DO IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I’m hopeful that he will be great for us.
    We could do with another CB to partner him or maybe switch NG and get a back up/replacement for Romeo.

I also really want to see Collins start at LB.
    I don't want to see Ng as one of two CBs in a back four. I don't think Bulut does either.

its a great clearance off the line. but its doesnt make him Beckenbauer.

Someone "over there" claimed he was world class.... ill reserve judgement but heres hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't want to see Ng as one of two CBs in a back four. I don't think Bulut does either.
    Fair enough, let’s just get in another quality CB.
    I’m not convinced with McGuinness as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Fair enough, let’s just get in another quality CB.
    I’m not convinced with McGuinness as a starter.
    I'm not convinced with McGuiness as a footballer. Ok, that was harsh, having a bad day at the laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Agreed. He was just doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Agreed. He was just doing his job.
    It's like when I saw Messi play, weaving in and out of everyone and scoring a goal. Everyone around me was going nuts but he was just doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's like when I saw Messi play, weaving in and out of everyone and scoring a goal. Everyone around me was going nuts but he was just doing his job.

Who's our No.35. He needs rocket up his arse

Rinomhota. Honestly, one of the more disappointing signings I can remember, so far at least. Supposed to be an absolute quality Championship midfielder by all accounts in the prime of his career that Reading fans were gutted to see go, hasn't been anything close to it. To be seen if he can turn it around under a new manager but stuff like that doesn't fill you with much more confidence.

International

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Rinomhota. Honestly, one of the more disappointing signings I can remember, so far at least. Supposed to be an absolute quality Championship midfielder by all accounts in the prime of his career that Reading fans were gutted to see go, hasn't been anything close to it. To be seen if he can turn it around under a new manager but stuff like that doesn't fill you with much more confidence.
    Another example of why we shouldn't be passing it around in our own area.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    To be fair Reading have been pretty crap. Maybe he looked ok there.

I totally agree, and what I said from a few days after we signed him, whileall attention was on the injury prone Meite (who has pinged again - no surprise).

Goutas will be good but I think he needs another solid partner other than Mc Guinness, to have cover.

For all we know, that may be his greatest achievement this season. Best hang on a while before judgement, old fruit.