+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Birmingham City owned by Shelby Co. Ltd.

Birmingham City owned by Shelby Co. Ltd.

Great sense of humour.

Tom Brady now a share holder.

Brady handed role as chairman of Birmingham City's advisory board
    US-based Shelby Companies Limited (SCL), a subsidiary of Knighthead Capital Management, completed its takeover of Birmingham City in July.

As part of that deal SCL became controlling shareholders of the previously Chinese-owned club.

Blues' new owners say they will be there in person for the first Championship home game of the season against Leeds United on Saturday, 12 August.

A statement from Knighthead said that Brady will "become chairman of the new advisory board, working directly with the club’s board and members of Birmingham City Football Club’s leadership team."

It added that he would "apply his extensive leadership experience and expertise across several components of the club, including working alongside the sports science department to advise on health, nutrition, wellness, and recovery systems and programs."

Re: Birmingham City owned by Shelby Co. Ltd.

Never understood why they haven't become an established top tier club - appreciate they have been badly managed but I think there is a big club in there

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Never understood why they haven't become an established top tier club - appreciate they have been badly managed but I think there is a big club in there
    There biggest problem is Aston Villa I suppose. It is Crazy though. A very large City in the centre of England, with a huge catchment area. They've always competed with West Brom and Wolves as well I suppose, although if you're a blue nose, then I wouldn't have thought that the two clubs I mentioned are likely to take much support from Birmingham. Such is the rivalry up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There biggest problem is Aston Villa I suppose. It is Crazy though. A very large City in the centre of England, with a huge catchment area. They've always competed with West Brom and Wolves as well I suppose, although if you're a blue nose, then I wouldn't have thought that the two clubs I mentioned are likely to take much support from Birmingham. Such is the rivalry up there.
    Having lived & worked amongst them, it’s a straight Bluenose v Villa divide, the others don’t matter. I couldn’t really split who supports who. The Blues are probably more inner city & “working class”, the Villans maybe more outer city & suburbs but that’s a huge generalisation. Villans certainly come over as more entitled, whilst the Bluenoses hold the biggest grudge. I’ve had great drinking sessions with both

My old man grew up in Yardley, Birmingham City territory

South and East of the city is generally Birmingham City ,Centre and North villa , North West Baggies

The posh suburbs of the west Midlands tends to be villa