+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham sign James McClean

Wrexham sign James McClean

and immediately generate 800 tweets between Celtic & Rangers fans based on his politics & religion.

The player you love to hate, nasty bastard but a great signing for Wxm.

Re: Wrexham sign James McClean

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    and immediately generate 800 tweets between Celtic & Rangers fans based on his politics & religion.

The player you love to hate, nasty bastard but a great signing for Wxm.
    Hook me up to some of these tweets please bro. Quite fancy an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Hook me up to some of these tweets please bro. Quite fancy an argument.
    https://twitter.com/Wrexham_AFC/stat...24268421107716

Fill your boots

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Cheers, will dive in tomorrow morning.

It's threads like these that makes me appreciate the wonderful opportunities a full and active life can offer...

That’s an episode of the documentary sorted.

I’m surprised they signed someone with such a controversial history. The owners have gone to great lengths to craft an image of Wrexham to appeal to everyone. McClean is probably one of the most disliked players in English football.

Although I suppose they care more about the American fan base than the UK one, and Americans love pretending to be full blooded, green suit wearing, shamrock eating Irishmen.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

I’m surprised they signed someone with such a controversial history. The owners have gone to great lengths to craft an image of Wrexham to appeal to everyone. McClean is probably one of the most disliked players in English football.

Although I suppose they care more about the American fan base than the UK one, and Americans love pretending to be full blooded, green suit wearing, shamrock eating Irishmen.
    This was my first thought as well.
    No idea on where the fella is in respect of footballing miles in the tank but probably a very astute move in terms of a storyline for the TV series.
    The big question remains how invested in the club will the owners be when the series comes to a conclusion?
    Bitter experience here and pretty much every other club is beware of new owners promising the world.

Is McLean a free? If theyve paid a fee with his wages Im not sure if this is a wise investment.

I really can't find any fault in the owners other than be very smart in using their fame to get investors. And thinking that they are "supposedly" more interested in the USA fans is just stupid. That would be like the Sante fe pooftahs (i made that up) more invested in their English fan base. Anyone at CCFC should give an arm or a leg for owners like them. They invested in the teams culture and community. Not change the shirt colour or get shafted by every Mc ..... that worked for them.

Maybe, on the flip side, he’s one of the most admired players in football.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Maybe, on the flip side, he’s one of the most admired players in football.
    Admired by who?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I really can't find any fault in the owners other than be very smart in using their fame to get investors. And thinking that they are "supposedly" more interested in the USA fans is just stupid. That would be like the Sante fe pooftahs (i made that up) more invested in their English fan base. Anyone at CCFC should give an arm or a leg for owners like them. They invested in the teams culture and community. Not change the shirt colour or get shafted by every Mc ..... that worked for them.
    I’d love owners like them at Cardiff, they’ve been brilliant and barely put a foot wrong. Americans probably make up 90% of their fanbase and an even higher percentage of their income. They did a pre season tour in America and charged 250+ quid for tickets.

Without the Americans jumping on the bandwagon the dream grinds to a halt in League 2. Without the American fan’s money Wrexham would be completely shafted by FFP.

That should fill the bars of Boston & NYC .

31.5 million of Irish Ancestry recide in USA .. that's a lot.

I'd go searching for more Eire players ..

His history is less of an issue when signing for a welsh club.

There's plenty who admire him, it takes balls of steel to take the stance he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    There's plenty who admire him, it takes balls of steel to take the stance he has.
    I always wondered why he just didn’t stick to playing in the Irish leagues, especially as he was so passionate in his stance.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I always wondered why he just didn’t stick to playing in the Irish leagues, especially as he was so passionate in his stance.
    Why should he? Derry is in the uk, and he's overwhelmingly supported there, are you suggesting UK citizens in northern Ireland be denied the opportunity to work on the mainland for protesting the historic oppression of their community?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Admired by who?
    I admire his stance for what he believes in. I admire him for his tremendous charity work benefitting the area where he’s from. As I’m sure many others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    Why should he? Derry is in the uk, and he's overwhelmingly supported there, are you suggesting UK citizens in northern Ireland be denied the opportunity to work on the mainland for protesting the historic oppression of their community?
    He’s entitled to his opinion, it’s a free country and I don’t blame him. If I was southern Irish though I wouldn’t come here, their economy puts this country to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I admire his stance for what he believes in. I admire him for his tremendous charity work benefitting the area where he’s from. As I’m sure many others do.

He’s entitled to his opinion, it’s a free country and I don’t blame him. If I was southern Irish though I wouldn’t come here, their economy puts this country to shame.
    If you were, you probably wouldn't describe yourself as being 'southern Irish'.

Yea but the LOI aint exactly the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If you were, you probably wouldn't describe yourself as being 'southern Irish'.
    Quite