+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leicester Tickets?

Leicester Tickets?

im amazed they havent gone on sale yet with 12 days to go. anyone know anything?

Re: Leicester Tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    im amazed they havent gone on sale yet with 12 days to go. anyone know anything?
    Details out now on the site - sorry can't seem to link it

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Details out now on the site - sorry can't seem to link it
    cheers, got it. hoping to get to this one.

Leicester City (A)
    Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday, August 19th, 2023. KO: 3pm.

Ticket Prices

Adult (22-64): £30
    Senior (65+): £28
    18-21: £28
    16-17: £20
    12-15: £14
    Under 12: £6

Disabled Supporters:

Both the Ambulant Disability and Wheelchair Users are priced at the relevant age band price and a free Personal Assistant. Disabled allocations are available to those individuals who are in receipt of medium or higher rate of disability living allowance, or enhanced rate of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
    King Power Stadium has up to 8 accessible car parking spaces available, these are priced at £10.50. Please purchase through the Cardiff City FC Ticket Office; 033 33 11 1920.
    Additional information:

Please note: Children under the age of 2 years will not be permitted entry into the ground due to health and safety reasons. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
    On Sale Date

Tickets will go on sale at 10am on Wednesday, August 9th, 2023.
    Tickets will become available to current Season Ticket Holders, Club Members, and Junior Bluebird Members.
    Strictly one ticket per qualifying supporter.
    All tickets are subject to availability.

Interesting to see there are no qualifying points, like 'must have been to three aways last season' or something. I guess that means Leicester have offered a lot of seats?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Interesting to see there are no qualifying points, like 'must have been to three aways last season' or something. I guess that means Leicester have offered a lot of seats?
    If the club included any criteria for the first few games then any new members or season ticket holders, or existing, who didnt do many games are immediately excluded. I think this new system, in giving everyone an equal chance early on is much better

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If the club included any criteria for the first few games then any new members or season ticket holders, or existing, who didnt do many games are immediately excluded. I think this new system, in giving everyone an equal chance early on is much better
    I think the allocation is circ 2.2k from travel club meeting.

I was a little surprised not to see a criteria, it's pretty standard to use the season before as an initial benchmark, they have in previous seasons; and I think it's pretty universal to recognise loyalty from previous season at most clubs. Club must be confident that 2,200 will be relatively sufficent, might be a chance for an additional allocation too.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I think the allocation is circ 2.2k from travel club meeting.

I was a little surprised not to see a criteria, it's pretty standard to use the season before as an initial benchmark, they have in previous seasons; and I think it's pretty universal to recognise loyalty from previous season at most clubs. Club must be confident that 2,200 will be relatively sufficent, might be a chance for an additional allocation too.
    Scrap that, Leicester are selling the additional overspill to home fans so this will be full allocation.

BUMP

These are on sale this morning and moving fast!

yeah got mine at 10:01 looks like theyll sell out in a few minutes!

What about under 16s restrictions ? - didnt Leeds say no U16 will be admitted without an adult that will vouch for them etc

Thought that would be the case for all clubs this season

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    What about under 16s restrictions ? - didnt Leeds say no U16 will be admitted without an adult that will vouch for them etc

Thought that would be the case for all clubs this season
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...s-cardiff-city

Looks like same rules.

Less than 100 tickets left and full allocation, last chance

Looks like same rules.

Thanks for the heads up. Just managed to grab a couple. I’d forgotten all about it.

Looks like same rules.

Was 10 left....now 9 unless I've missed a few somewhere. Pick n shovel.
    Just had an email from the club to say tickets are now on sale!!
    Last edited by IanD; 09-08-23 at 13:18. Reason: Update

Impressive sales.

Anyone's kids go to the Leeds game and stopped from going in ?

All gone. Impressive stuff.

I am amazed they have only given us 2200

I don't agree. There should be a loyalty policy. And the usual way to do it, at the beginning of the season is based on the season before or previous 5 aways. By selling out (what IMO are two average allocations for the size of the stadiums) in 24 hours with no criteria is pushing out those that travelled extensively last season. For Leeds there was an option to take 800 more, but the club would have had to pay for them with no return. The club declined. Leicester was supposed to be 2,200 initial allocation with an option of more. But it seems due to lateness the extra tickets may have gone on sale to home fans.
    Personally i think the club should have taken the full 3kish allocations for both games. This could have satisfied the the demand for both old and - as you say - new members. The Leeds decision was based on the fact that we asked fans to register their interest, to see if we could sell the majority of the 800 extra. and only 200 came forward. Lesson could have been learned from that initial sale for Leicester and the full allocation taken from the start.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Just managed to grab a couple. I’d forgotten all about it.