+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Ugbo the new Kaba?

Is Ugbo the new Kaba?

Some similarities

Re: Is Ugbo the new Kaba?

he did well for both goals, which is great, would like to see him as more of a focal point that can hold the ball up etc, but I don't think he does that really

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Some similarities
    Yes. He is technically good, and has a good burst over a short range but lacked service at his last club. It is a good analyst that recognised what is key with strikers - if they don't score many goals at all clubs, is often shows it is down to tactics or the service around them. Given the service, he will score, because he has two good feet, a good head, good movement inside the box, and a powerful shot. If he gets good service he will score a lot.

Ugbo probably more suited to how we want to play now. Kaba for me did what we needed and kept us up with goals but his general play wasn’t the best.

I thought Ugbo did well, ideally we bring in Moore then we have real options.

If that shot he had just after their first goal had gone in eh? He did everything right, got the shot off whilst under pressure with nobody else up with him. Would have been a cracker had it gone in and knocked the stuffing out of Leeds so soon after their lifeline. Haven’t seen a replay of it yet, was it miles over? Annoying how on the big screen in the ground replays of their play were shown, nothing of ours.

He made the Championship team of the week. Big surprise to me!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If that shot he had just after their first goal had gone in eh? He did everything right, got the shot off whilst under pressure with nobody else up with him. Would have been a cracker had it gone in and knocked the stuffing out of Leeds so soon after their lifeline. Haven’t seen a replay of it yet, was it miles over? Annoying how on the big screen in the ground replays of their play were shown, nothing of ours.
    Way off target.

That was a superb ball by Ng.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Way off target.

That was a superb ball by Ng.
    It was a good ball, ideal at the time when it’s said that sides are at their most vulnerable, just after scoring. Their defence was practically non existent bar for the defender challenging Ugbo. One of those efforts that rips the back of the net out or lands on the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    He made the Championship team of the week. Big surprise to me!
    Yes, I was very surprised at this as well. Classic poachers goal and some decent movement off the ball on the counter, but can't believe he was one of the best players of the week especially as he was taken off on 78 minutes. Would have thought Bowler or O'Dowda would have been in there way before he was.

It was a good ball, ideal at the time when it’s said that sides are at their most vulnerable, just after scoring. Their defence was practically non existent bar for the defender challenging Ugbo. One of those efforts that rips the back of the net out or lands on the roof.
    I felt he did well. The second half chance was a good one. I can’t help feeling we should have done more to try to get 3-1 up, it would have killed them off and they were certainly brittle at the back.

Yes. No. Or maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I felt he did well. The second half chance was a good one. I can’t help feeling we should have done more to try to get 3-1 up, it would have killed them off and they were certainly brittle at the back.
    Can't blame him. Bulut's decision to have 10 men behind the ball for the entire second half meant we were starved of opportunities to get forward. Should have carried on as we did in the first half. Could have got a third and then game over.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Some similarities
    Kaba was class for us, I hope he turns out as good, that was a great first competitive game.

I'd guess he won't be as good, and hope I'm wrong!

NASA are still tracking it

Ugbo starting, with Etete ready to come off the bench. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start together, at some stage. I thought Etete added a lot when he came on v Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Ugbo starting, with Etete ready to come off the bench. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start together, at some stage. I thought Etete added a lot when he came on v Leeds.
    Thought he was useless, didn’t do enough to press. Thought he should have done more for the second goal.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Thought he was useless, didn’t do enough to press. Thought he should have done more for the second goal.
    Like what? Ugbo justified his starting place after some very ordinary pre season performances, you could see why we signed him after having me wondering why we bothered in the warm up games. Etete had auiet pre season and Ugbo looked the better player on Sunday, but I would say it was far harder playing up front for us in the second half on Sunday than it was in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Like what? Ugbo justified his starting place after some very ordinary pre season performances, you could see why we signed him after having me wondering why we bothered in the warm up games. Etete had auiet pre season and Ugbo looked the better player on Sunday, but I would say it was far harder playing up front for us in the second half on Sunday than it was in the first.
    Agree about Ugbo thought he had a very good game.

Etete though just doesn’t to do for me, like I said didn’t press enough. Watch the second goal, while I wouldn’t say he was to blame I do think he could have done more, been a bit sharper and have a bit more determination to get the ball he only came on 78mins he needs to do more. Personally I think he needs to go out on loan but obviously we need others to come in.

Yeah, the effort from Etete on the second goal was very poor. Not sure if it's fitness or desire, but as he'd been on the pitch for such a short period of time he should have been out there busting a gut to close down in the final minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Really?? To be fair it was difficult for him but he looked way off it.