+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All aboard the shuttle bus

All aboard the shuttle bus

Cardiff Bus are running the shuttle bus again starting this Saturday

https://www.cardiffbus.com/ccfc-shuttle-bus

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus

Excellent, about time��

Last time I wanted to use it (back to town after game) one went off full, leaving a few of us behind
    "there'll be another in 20 minutes"
    No there bloody wasn't!

We used this for the Sheffield Wednesday match to get back into the city centre and it was a waste of time - it would have been far quicker to walk. The bus turned left out of CCS and headed towards Hadfield Road, where it proceeded to get stuck in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Pillock View Post
    We used this for the Sheffield Wednesday match to get back into the city centre and it was a waste of time - it would have been far quicker to walk. The bus turned left out of CCS and headed towards Hadfield Road, where it proceeded to get stuck in traffic.
    Walk into Canton high street and theres a regular bus that will drop you off by the Queens vaults

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Pillock View Post
    Undoubtedly, but for some, the shuttle bus means they can get to the ground from the city centre without having to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    Walk into Canton high street and theres a regular bus that will drop you off by the Queens vaults
    But for some the walk into Canton is a massive ask. It's not 5 minutes down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Excellent, about time��
    Every 15 minutes apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Every 15 minutes apparently.
    Unreliable. see my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But for some the walk into Canton is a massive ask. It's not 5 minutes down the road.
    It’s 11 minutes for someone with dodgy knees like me !

I caught it for the Qpr game. Not sure about the 15 minutes thing as it took 45 minutes from getting on to getting off. Maybe because it was probably the last one before kickoff but I'll give it a miss in future.

It’s great that it’s back, imagine a walk from Canton if that mad rain storm we had last Saturday had been a couple of hours later. I caught it down & back for the QPR & Sheffield Wednesday games, ok, it took a while last Saturday, why she drove down Hadfield Rd instead of the by pass & through the tunnels God Knows. The bus went that way after QPR and it was much quicker. Still, I’d rather be sat on a bus than getting caught in one of those flash downpours that are becoming more frequent.

Any way that enables fans to get to the ground dry with a minimum of walking has to be a good thing.

A word of thanks to the Trust for their part in getting the shuttle restored - Wayne Nashwas instrumental in getting the service back as well.

Much appreciated, it’s a great option for fans

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sprinter compared to me!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Google maps has it at 11 minutes to the ground from the junction with Wellington St, the primary school etc. 16 minutes from the Ivor Davies.

If you're walking from Canton to the ground in 11 minutes with dodgy knees, you're a faster walker than most and I'll have your knees!!

I assume that the trains to ninian Park and Grangetown are at their limit in terms of frequency on match day ?

Sounds like a load of rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I assume that the trains to ninian Park and Grangetown are at their limit in terms of frequency on match day ?

Normal service, no extra carriages.