+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore deal off...

Kieffer Moore deal off...

According to two ITK sources, the deal of a loan now and purchase in January won't be ratified by the EFL. If true then it's a shame as he'd be the missing link we're crying out for 😟

Re: Kieffer Moore deal off...

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    According to two ITK sources, the deal of a loan now and purchase in January won't be ratified by the EFL. If true then it's a shame as he'd be the missing link we're crying out for ��
    we're getting stitched up by the governing bodies nqat.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    we're getting stitched up by the governing bodies nqat.
    Spot on, we better get our skates on and get another striker in asap as we were confident he was lined up to join us🤦*♂️

According to two ITK sources, the deal of a loan now and purchase in January won't be ratified by the EFL. If true then it's a shame as he'd be the missing link we're crying out for ��
    Did the ITK sources or the EFL explain why we can’t loan someone and then sign them when the embargo ends or does it just apply to Keiffer? Seems odd we can’t do that when we had that deal with Kortrijk for Zohore when we were under an embargo in 2016 I think it was.

Surely we could just sign him on loan for 6 months and (officially) leave it at that?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Did the ITK sources or the EFL explain why we can’t loan someone and then sign them when the embargo ends or does it just apply to Keiffer? Seems odd we can’t do that when we had that deal with Kortrijk for Zohore when we were under an embargo in 2016 I think it was.
    No idea, apparently they're offering him for sale on the open market. Maybe Dalman can schmooze somebody somewhere, stranger things have happened.

No idea, apparently they're offering him for sale on the open market. Maybe Dalman can schmooze somebody somewhere, stranger things have happened.
    Sale to Kortrijk and loan from them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Surely we could just sign him on loan for 6 months and (officially) leave it at that?
    I doubt Bournemouth would be happy with that, if they want to sell him then a loan with obligation to buy probably works for them, however if it's just a loan and he were to either get a serious injury or play poorly then we'd likely pull out of any deal, particularly given fee and wages would be high and they'd be left in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    I doubt Bournemouth would be happy with that, if they want to sell him then a loan with obligation to buy probably works for them, however if it's just a loan and he were to either get a serious injury or play poorly then we'd likely pull out of any deal, particularly given fee and wages would be high and they'd be left in limbo.
    I'd question where could offer a gentleman's agreement to sign in January. Although not sure how well trusted we are these days.

If only Warnock was here... Could take him by his word.

Player power being what it is now, Kieffer Moore will only do what he wants to do.
    He could sit on his backside until his contract expires and they get nothing from him, or for him.

They can’t sell him or loan him out to somewhere he doesn’t want to go to.

My guess is it will go down until the end of the transfer window before a decision is made, if there is an impasse currently.

When 'loan to buy' for Moore was first mentioned as a possibility on this and other boards months ago it was rubbished as in breach of the EFL partial embargo. I can't remember where that came from (multiple sources - including WOL) but my understanding has been all summer that any move for Moore would be a straight loan or nothing. It has been clear for all that time too that Bournemouth want a fee if they can get one and that the odds of us getting Moore at the end of the window were slim. It would need Moore and his agent to manufacture a loan move - presumably rejecting any permanent transfer elsewhere - for that to happen. I can't see it.

Some fancy footwork involving a transfer to a certain Belgian club and loan to Cardiff may not be a breach of the rules (the letter if not the spirit). But I think it would take something like that to get Moore in.

Don’t they still owe us money?

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    i'd have assumed so, but perhaps that is also in breach of the rules?

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    When 'loan to buy' for Moore was first mentioned as a possibility on this and other boards months ago it was rubbished as in breach of the EFL partial embargo. I can't remember where that came from (multiple sources - including WOL) but my understanding has been all summer that any move for Moore would be a straight loan or nothing. It has been clear for all that time too that Bournemouth want a fee if they can get one and that the odds of us getting Moore at the end of the window were slim. It would need Moore and his agent to manufacture a loan move - presumably rejecting any permanent transfer elsewhere - for that to happen. I can't see it.

Some fancy footwork involving a transfer to a certain Belgian club and loan to Cardiff may not be a breach of the rules (the letter if not the spirit). But I think it would take something like that to get Moore in.
    Suits Moore to go out on loan then he can get the transfer fee equivalent for himself, we would at least pay his wages for a year.

I'd agree they will have to do something last minute if he refuses to take a transfer.

According to two ITK sources, the deal of a loan now and purchase in January won't be ratified by the EFL. If true then it's a shame as he'd be the missing link we're crying out for 😟
    Looks like the deal is the deal and that's the deal - no half baked loan now until xmas - then loan again till 2025 etc.
    The club know what it will take - and it seems we arent in any position to negotiate - cant blame Bournemouth - he'll get snapped up asap I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Sale to Kortrijk and loan from them.
    thats got to be the way

sure it'll pee off EFL, they will know they have been done, but we'll take it

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Looks like the deal is the deal and that's the deal - no half baked loan now until xmas - then loan again till 2025 etc.
    The club know what it will take - and it seems we arent in any position to negotiate - cant blame Bournemouth - he'll get snapped up asap I would have thought.
    Unless he refuses to go like plenty of his Wales squad mates have done in the past

Bale and co will tell him, take the good wages while you still can, they will have to loan you out, you get your signing-on fee next year, and financially you will be miles better off.

Spot on, we better get our skates on and get another striker in asap as we were confident he was lined up to join us🤦*♂️
    I would much prefer a gk and a cm rather than another striker.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Unless he refuses to go like plenty of his Wales squad mates have done in the past

Bale and co will tell him, take the good wages while you still can, they will have to loan you out, you get your signing-on fee next year, and financially you will be miles better off.
    Well that's a given, no one is getting forced into a move when under contract, particularly if so close to that expiring.

I really doubt he won't have some offers that interest him though, it's not as if his heart is set on Cardiff because we mean so much to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well that's a given, no one is getting forced into a move when under contract, particularly if so close to that expiring.

I really doubt he won't have some offers that interest him though, it's not as if his heart is set on Cardiff because we mean so much to him.
    End up at Stoke or sheff utd prob

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    I'm guessing that was part of the deal but if the EFL are being a***holes then we're stuffed

Probably a vindictive reaction from Ridsdale

I'm pretty sure (because someone posted it on here a while ago) the rule states that we cannot pay a fee for a transfer or loan or agree to pay a future fee

So the best we can do with bournemouth is say, if you loan him to us for no fee then we might buy him in january, but we can't put anything in writing - understandably they probably wouldn't go for that.

I don't see why Kortrijk couldn't buy him from Bournemouth and then loan him to us for the rest of the season for no fee (or at least until January) A player can be registered for up to 3 clubs in one season

I'm guessing that was part of the deal but if the EFL are being a***holes then we're stuffed
    I am in no way a fan of the EFL but on this one don't we have only ourselves to blame - we know the score on the payments to Nantes and messed it up and are now suffering the consequences??

International

It's only rumours that it's off, he won't be sent on loan until/if they get another Striker, all the ITK baloney is guesswork.

We'll just have to wait and see, and we may take someone else instead anyway.