+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trains Leicester away problems

Re: Trains Leicester away problems

Quote Originally Posted by ABLUEBIRD View Post
    I’ve looked into this and seen that the RMT are planning a strike on 19th on Cross-country routes which are the train company from New St to Leicester.
    Time table will be updated on Monday so check then.
    Ah sh1t , what will they do then - put on buses ?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Lucky you - trainsplit quote £123 Cardiff - Brum - Leicester
    tbf, when you did the original post the prices were half that, so if you are doing the train in the future you need to book early. What mode of transport did you eventually choose?

Doubt it.
    It will be officially announced Monday what services are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Doubt it.
    It will be officially announced Monday what services are affected.
    We've decided we'll drive up, 4 of us going now - so the petrol costs are nothing compared to train or coach. Seem to be lots of side streets with parking - we should be there by 12

I contacted Crosscountry and they are updating their service for Saturday on Wednesday but definitely no train between Birmingham and Cardiff, travelling from Aber we can get to Leicester via Brum but looks as if last train back is 17:18 so won’t get to station in time after game, unless we miss last 10 minutes or so of match . So Will have to travel back Leic>Derby>crewe>Shrew>Aberystwyth

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    What a stupidly complicated and expensive railway system we have.
    Yep - it was much better when you bought a platform ticket in Cardiff and used it to get out the other end.😄 I hardly ever paid when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ABLUEBIRD View Post
    I contacted Crosscountry and they are updating their service for Saturday on Wednesday but definitely no train between Birmingham and Cardiff, travelling from Aber we can get to Leicester via Brum but looks as if last train back is 17:18 so won’t get to station in time after game, unless we miss last 10 minutes or so of match . So Will have to travel back Leic>Derby>crewe>Shrew>Aberystwyth
    When I looked at trainsplit.com - they wanted to route me from Cardiff - Paddington - then some station Ive never heard of and then to Leicester - 4.5 hours or so. The whole system and every d1ck head that works in it should be sacked and asked to reapply for their job. They get paid well enough with a nice pension. Drive a train - press start / stop - and press a button every 30 seconds to make sure you havent fallen asleep.

When I looked at trainsplit.com - they wanted to route me from Cardiff - Paddington - then some station Ive never heard of and then to Leicester - 4.5 hours or so. The whole system and every d1ck head that works in it should be sacked and asked to reapply for their job. They get paid well enough with a nice pension. Drive a train - press start / stop - and press a button every 30 seconds to make sure you havent fallen asleep.
    😂😂perfect description, we use trains regularly as none of us want to drive and the hassle we have with cancelled or delayed trains are common

So it’s the train driver’s fault

We've decided we'll drive up, 4 of us going now - so the petrol costs are nothing compared to train or coach. Seem to be lots of side streets with parking - we should be there by 12
    Heads up. Watch out for the single yellow lines with "no parking 10am to 11pm on event days" restrictions.....and the 20mph zones. I'm heading for the rugby club and pay on the day. Short walk to the stadium from there.

So it's the fault of train staff that you're too stupid to recognise a station name? Think your description of driving a train may be slightly wrong aswell tbh, maybe do a bit of research. Although you're right about the pension, we do get a decent pension.