+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Added Time. A Mistake ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Added Time. A Mistake ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's also illogical for teams to score in the 95th minute when it's a game of 90 mins.
    And the concept of scoring in the "45th minute + 3" when there is a 48th minute in the second half is rather silly.
    There's always been time after 90 minutes for as long as I've been watching football.

And 45+3 is there to distinguish it from 48, and gives more information than just 45.

I'm not defending huge amounts of injury time, but both of these things are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There's always been time after 90 minutes for as long as I've been watching football.

And 45+3 is there to distinguish it from 48, and gives more information than just 45.

I'm not defending huge amounts of injury time, but both of these things are fine.
    The clock should stop when the action does. For once, American Football is more logical in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The clock should stop when the action does. For once, American Football is more logical in that respect.
    American Football is a game fundamentally based on stopping and starting play and much easier to implement a stop clock. It takes 3 hours for 1 hour of play.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    American Football is a game fundamentally based on stopping and starting play and much easier to implement a stop clock. It takes 3 hours for 1 hour of play.
    Teams will be setting themselves up every time the ball stops. A formation for a goal kick on the left, a formation for a throw-in in your own half near the halfway line. And the clock is off, so players can wander into position.

I can't believe so many people think they want this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Teams will be setting themselves up every time the ball stops. A formation for a goal kick on the left, a formation for a throw-in in your own half near the halfway line. And the clock is off, so players can wander into position.

I can't believe so many people think they want this to happen.
    Exactly. They're not punishing or stopping timewasting, just saying 'waste as much time as you want because we'll just add it on at the end. It will actually increase time wasting. Do people really think professional footballers are now going to take throw ins and free kicks and corners more quickly ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Exactly. They're not punishing or stopping timewasting, just saying 'waste as much time as you want because we'll just add it on at the end. It will actually increase time wasting. Do people really think professional footballers are now going to take throw ins and free kicks and corners more quickly ?
    No, it's both, they can still book players for constantly stopping play, and they'll add the time on at the end.