Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
I agree. Cardiff is......nice.

But. If you aren't interested in sports, drinking, and food....and drinking.....and drinking....then it sucks. The music scene is shit. Bristol blows it away. The shopping? Same as everywhere else except, arguably, when the huts are up in the centre at Christmas. It's soulless when you exit Central Station. Dominated by an expanse of concrete and the BBC Wales monolith. If the skateboarders aren't there then there's nothing to see.

The loss of Brains Brewery killed its charm. The smell of hops. The Market is still the best place in the centre and upstairs for proper grub.

I love Grangetown though. Love the people and vibe and its edge. Riverside and Bute too. The Bay is not Bristol. And after all these years should have learned from them but....

One good thing I can think of though is that London is only 1hr 50mins away and Bristol is a doddle to get to and stay over if you want to experiment with new musicians. London is an amazing city. To live in, visit, and work.

Cardiff was more exciting when I was a nipper. Now, it's just cheaper to live than London. You DO need money to enjoy living there now. Wasn't always the case. In the 80s and 90s it was doable.

The reason the BBC Wales building is where it is? So people can travel out of Cardiff and into Cardiff by train.

Edit: an lets be honest. Even CCS is a soulless concrete clone stadium. It only really rocks for Wales matches. And Little Mix.
👏 👏