+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Women’s World Cup

Re: Women’s World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Why does it irritate you? And how do you think things should be done differently? For instance, do you maybe believe womens football should be featured on different web pages on sites like the BBC's despite the fact that it's football and is therefore on the BBC's football web pages? I'm genuinely curious as to what you mean.

Of course!

To save me and pretty much every single person I know having to go through EXACTLY what I have explained above.

It is pretty obvious really.

The overexposure of women’s football versus the reality is utterly ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    You win the sexist pig of the year award, well done you.
    And you win woke moron.

Congrats.

International

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Sneering at top class women athletes who are roll models for young girls and women. Wouldn’t like to be a female member of your family.
    It's not sneering, it's not comparable to the Premier League!

International

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I don't think it's helpful or realistic to compare men's and women's football. It's similar to when Serena Williams was asked about men v women in tennis and she said they are effectively different games. I think the same with football - I enjoy watching both for different reasons. Yes, sometimes non elite level women's football suffers from a shallow pool of talent but hopefully the exploits of the England team can encourage more and more girls to play and continue playing.
    She'd beat Andy Murray in a fight, but not at tennis, although she's a bit superhuman.

International

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I don't think it's helpful or realistic to compare men's and women's football. It's similar to when Serena Williams was asked about men v women in tennis and she said they are effectively different games. I think the same with football - I enjoy watching both for different reasons. Yes, sometimes non elite level women's football suffers from a shallow pool of talent but hopefully the exploits of the England team can encourage more and more girls to play and continue playing.
    I'm all for that and hopefully, girls can enjoy it, but for people to compare it with the Premier League is just daft.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    And you win woke moron.

Congrats.

The overexposure of women’s football versus the reality is utterly ludicrous.
    I was going to say I'm amazed anybody gets bothered by stuff like this, but that would be a lie. I'm not amazed in the slightest. It's funny, though.

What others sports are you into, Bobby?

I just haven’t watched it, hasn’t affected my life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    The Bunnymen did an anniversary gig at the Royal Albert Hall a few years back, where they played the whole of Ocean Rain.

I think that it was supposed to be The 1975 supporting them, but whoever it was, they had to cancel at short notice. The great thing was, after playing through Ocean Rain, The Bunnymen had a short break and then came back out and did a greatest hits set… bonus!
    just a heads up on sky arts tonight at 9pm features Ian McCulloch

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    just a heads up on sky arts tonight at 9pm features Ian McCulloch
    Cheers for the heads-up, but I don’t have Sky.

I see that Gury Neville interview program that is on Sky appears on youtube after a while… hopefully that McCulloch program will follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Cheers for the heads-up, but I don’t have Sky.

I see that Gury Neville interview program that is on Sky appears on youtube after a while… hopefully that McCulloch program will follow suit.
    MCulloch up there with Morrissey not just as the greatest lyric writers of the 80's but all time

the Ocean Rain album my 2.nd fav album of all time too not a duff track on that masterpiece

Best comment on this I've seen so far... (nicked off BBC HYS about pubs opening early)

I'm going to hoover the front room as soon as it kicks off to see how the Mrs likes it

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    MCulloch up there with Morrissey not just as the greatest lyric writers of the 80's but all time

the Ocean Rain album my 2.nd fav album of all time too not a duff track on that masterpiece
    It is a very good Album, listened to it again this evening

Back to the football.
    Lauren James, I've not checked if she could play having been sent off, but would not change the starting team that defeated the Aussies, would certainly have her on the bench for if the game is going pear shaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    It is a very good Album, listened to it again this evening

Back to the football.
    Lauren James, I've not checked if she could play having been sent off, but would not change the starting team that defeated the Aussies, would certainly have her on the bench for if the game is going pear shaped.
    She's available for the game, her suspension is over.

Funny how I'm kind of hoping for an England win when I would be dreading it happening it if were a men's World Cup Final.

I’m not sexist but women’s football is a joke it’s shiny sh*te they should get back in the kitchen were they belong ������

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    I’m not sexist but women’s football is a joke it’s shiny sh*te they should get back in the kitchen were they belong ������
    . PS them question marks are

And you win woke moron.

Congrats.
    It's the brotherly love and friendship that draws me into this club. It's always been a club known for it's love-ins.

not sure who she is on the bbc panel is but somebody should tell her fink is not a word

That Paralluelo looks a good player.

EDIT ....and misses a good chance

Gooooaaaalll

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Gooooaaaalll
    Very good one too

Really nice finish, but the game is far from over - Lucy Bronze was being called the best player in the world at one time, but if it ends up 1-0, she might end up being remembered most for her brainless run into trouble which was so typically English circa 1985.

That said, she’s the sort of player who is capable of turning things around by herself.

James will change the game..ift hey aren't 2 down by then

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    She's available for the game, her suspension is over.

Funny how I'm kind of hoping for an England win when I would be dreading it happening it if were a men's World Cup Final.
    It’s ‘only’ the women but it’s still a dreadful prospect.