+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Women’s World Cup

Women’s World Cup

Watching the Australia/France Qtr final now. 4 mins away from a penalty shoot out.
    Whilst it’s been competitive, and hard fought, it’s been woefully bereft of quality.
    Big attendance as you’d expect with the home nation involved, and crowd doing their best to create an atmosphere, but the play and level of skill has been truly terrible. Not sure how I’ve lasted this long.

Re: Women’s World Cup

When one of the studio panel said the winners play England in the semi finals I just cringed

cant believe what they come out with one this morning describing how the atmosphere is building in the ground 2 hours before kick off not a person there

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    When one of the studio panel said the winners play England in the semi finals I just cringed
    The daughter of my wifes cousin (Laia Codina) plays for Spain. My wife and most of her family are fairly staunch Catalans, getting very awkward for them all having to support Spain as they progress

Penalty shoot out. Summariser I think the keeper could have saved that. Sees the replay "oh she did"

After 20 penalties the Matilda’s go through 7-6.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    cant believe what they come out with one this morning describing how the atmosphere is building in the ground 2 hours before kick off not a person there
    I saw that on BBC breakfast earlier. There were 2 people going into the tunnel and 100s of empty seats in the shot. All the reporter did was repeat exactly what the studio presenter said - most of it about Lauren James.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Watching the Australia/France Qtr final now. 4 mins away from a penalty shoot out.
    Whilst it’s been competitive, and hard fought, it’s been woefully bereft of quality.
    Big attendance as you’d expect with the home nation involved, and crowd doing their best to create an atmosphere, but the play and level of skill has been truly terrible. Not sure how I’ve lasted this long.
    That's fair enough. It certainly doesn't have the quality of men's football. But, men's football has had over a hundred years to improve and establish itself.

I am in Brisbane and I can tell you that the view from over here is somewhat different. Australian football has always had an uphill battle due to Aussie rules, rugby league, cricket, etc.

A sellout crowd in a big stadium, millions watching on tv, for WOMEN. I think it's pretty impressive.

I have watched this tournament and have enjoyed it immensely. I understand it isn't up to the standards of the premier league and watch it with that in mind. The same as when I have watched non-league football and kid's football.

It isn't for everyone admittedly, but millions of Aussies are loving it. And I am sure tens of millions worldwide are loving it. There have been some brilliant goals and some real howlers, too. That's football.

Colombia take the lead against England.

The commentary is comedy gold. This is a hostile crowd. 🤣🤣🤣 feck its hardly the Den.

"Brilliant goal" No it was a cross and the keeper should have saved it.

The Colombian keeper ffs.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The Colombian keeper ffs.🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Hope she don’t get the Andres Escobar treatment!

This is the first ever ladies game I’ve seen from the start (I’ve seen highlights before). The level of goalkeeping is way short of the standard of outfield play. Plenty of 6 foot plus Netball & Basketball players out there.

Oh & the lady co-commentator is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This is the first ever ladies game I’ve seen from the start (I’ve seen highlights before). The level of goalkeeping is way short of the standard of outfield play. Plenty of 6 foot plus Netball & Basketball players out there.

Oh & the lady co-commentator is awful.
    Just be grateful it's not on the BBC and Jonathan Pearce commentating - you can hear his lack of enthusiasm every time he opens mouth.

England now 2-1 up - the next World Champions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The commentary is comedy gold. This is a hostile crowd. ������ feck its hardly the Den.
    When did you play at the den?
    Ffs it’s a game between to evenly matched teams and i’m enjoying it.
    Twat.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    England now 2-1 up - the next World Champions?
    Hopefully Sweden will win

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    When did you play at the den?
    Ffs it’s a game between to evenly matched teams and i’m enjoying it.
    Twat.
    They're not THAT evenly matched. England look much more comfortable on the ball. Colombia are enthusiastic and are getting stuck-in, but England are playing within themselves.

I enjoyed the game tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Hopefully Sweden will win
    Hopefully, they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Hopefully, they won't.
    why? what is it you dislike about swedish women ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    why? what is it you dislike about swedish women ?
    Oh, I once went to Malmo (circa 1992), very nice women there (nice women in England too).
    No, it's just that after Wales, I always support England.

Oh, I once went to Malmo (circa 1992), very nice women there (nice women in England too).
    Other than Jimmy White and Ronnie O'Sullivan I can't remember wanting the saes to win at anything.

Ahh i see. You are probably on your own there. I live in Malmö .The ladies send their regards.