+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trust meeting with Dalman

Re: Trust meeting with Dalman

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Yes that’s what I was referring to , Wimbledon were left homeless with the deal he negotiated with Merton Borough.

I’m not sure if he made much of a profit with the sale of Cardiff City, but the fact that he sold it for 8 times as much sounds like good business.
    In fact Wimbledon were rendered homeless as a result of the Taylor Report and moved to a ground share with Crystal Palace in 1991. The Plough Lane stadium wasn't sold until 1998.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I guess he made a profit from Wimbledon by selling their ground to build a Safeway
    Wasn't a very safeway for Wimbledon to go!

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    In fact Wimbledon were rendered homeless as a result of the Taylor Report and moved to a ground share with Crystal Palace in 1991. The Plough Lane stadium wasn't sold until 1998.
    Ok well I’ll concede the the nuances of the sale, but didn’t he make £10m on the sale of the land and a further £30m on the sale of the club.

Wimbledon supporters I’ve spoken to in the past do not hold him in high regard.

Hammam said he would actively pursue building a new stadium within the confines of the London borough of Merton. Cynics, though, pointed out that he might have been more motivated by the profit he trousered when he sold the Plough Lane site to Safeway for a supermarket development.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...incrisis.sport

Ok well I’ll concede the the nuances of the sale, but didn’t he make £10m on the sale of the land and a further £30m on the sale of the club.

Wimbledon supporters I’ve spoken to in the past do not hold him in high regard.
    Given that he bought the stadium in 1984 and sold it in 1998 I would imagine given its location he would have made a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Given that he bought the stadium in 1984 and sold it in 1998 I would imagine given its location he would have made a profit.
    I suppose it’s the same here, the only fans who still defend him are the ones who he looked after and made feel special lol.

Yes that’s what I was referring to , Wimbledon were left homeless with the deal he negotiated with Merton Borough.

I’m not sure if he made much of a profit with the sale of Cardiff City, but the fact that he sold it for 8 times as much sounds like good business.
    Sold what for eight times as much? Cardiff City?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sold what for eight times as much? Cardiff City?
    Bought for £3m “sold”for £24m

Notwithstanding additional fees for other materials

Bought for £3m “sold”for £24m

Notwithstanding additional fees for other materials
    Sold to who for £24 million? Are you sure?!?

Sold to who for £24 million? Are you sure?!?
    That’s what’s assumed, perhaps you could provide some more information if it’s wrong.

That’s what’s assumed, perhaps you could provide some more information if it’s wrong.
    Happy to.

Sam Hammam didn't sell Cardiff City to anyone. He resigned from the board on 20 October 2006 in order 'to allow new investors to restructure the club's finances and enable the completion of the stadium project' (Source: the club's 2006 accounts).

Happy to.

Sam Hammam didn't sell Cardiff City to anyone. He resigned from the board on 20 October 2006 in order 'to allow new investors to restructure the club's finances and enable the completion of the stadium project' (Source: the club's 2006 accounts).
    Until Tan came along and became a majority shareholder and had taken control of the club, were Ridsdale and Paul Guy technically joint owners, or didn't we technically have an owner?

Happy to.

Ah right I didn’t realise he didn’t make anything , I always assumed articles like this one was more on point

Sam Hammam's wheeler dealing in British football looks over following the settlement of his long-running legal battle with Cardiff City.

The former Wimbledon owner had been in dispute with the club since 2006 over the repayment of a £24million loan he had agreed with the secretive Panama-registered Langston Corporation before he sold up to a consortium led by current chairman and chief executive Peter Ridsdale

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...y-dispute.html

Ah right I didn’t realise he didn’t make anything , I always assumed articles like this one was more on point....
    Hammam desperately tried to claw back as much of the money he'd loaned the club (under the guise of the Langston loan notes) as he could. How much of that £24 million he eventually got back is anyone's guess.

The loan notes were issued to clear the club's debt to the bank, which had reached something like £21 million at that stage.

Hammam's shareholding in the club (under the banner of Rudgwick) was diluted on a number of occasions and effectively became worthless as time progressed. He didn't sell the club at any stage, let alone make a massive profit from any sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Until Tan came along and became a majority shareholder and had taken control of the club, were Ridsdale and Paul Guy technically joint owners, or didn't we technically have an owner?
    I'm pretty sure PMG Estates (Guy's company) became the major shareholders when Hammam was ousted. The quote the man himself: "The rugby boys booted me out."

Hammam desperately tried to claw back as much of the money he'd loaned the club (under the guise of the Langston loan notes) as he could. How much of that £24 million he eventually got back is anyone's guess.

The loan notes were issued to clear the club's debt to the bank, which had reached something like £21 million at that stage.

Hammam's shareholding in the club (under the banner of Rudgwick) was diluted on a number of occasions and effectively became worthless as time progressed. He didn't sell the club at any stage, let alone make a massive profit from any sale.
    I believe he got most of it back , in addition looking at the historical accounts I think he also paid himself a healthy annual dividend although it’s very poor trading if you make a loss and pay yourself a dividend.

I believe....
    You seem to believe whatever reinforces your own view despite a lack of evidence.

I have the accounts from 2001 and 2011 in front of me. What were these healthy annual dividends and when were they paid?

You seem to believe whatever reinforces your own view despite a lack of evidence.

I have the accounts from 2001 and 2011 in front of me. What were these healthy annual dividends and when were they paid?
    I’ve just looked at directors emoluments and whilst it’s hard to decipher who got what , is a fair representation.

Looking at Rudgwicks current situation, he’s not exactly skint either.

I’ve just looked at directors emoluments and whilst it’s hard to decipher who got what , is a fair representation.
    Which years? Which pages of which accounts? What are you actually referring to?

Which years? Which pages of which accounts? What are you actually referring to?
    I’m sure you can find directors emoluments by scrolling through the accounts. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that as directors are entitled to expenses and in the grand scheme of things it’s a drop in the ocean.

I’ll just point out that I suggest he got most of what he was asking for back , if you don’t think so, we will agree to disagree. Ultimately he’s not held in high regard to the majority. He’s a bit like marmite.

You would also not know if he paid himself a wage - as it’s grouped together.

I’m sure you can find directors emoluments by scrolling through the accounts.
    I did.

Directors' emoluments are nil until 2006, when the club started paying for consultancy services provided by WH Sports Group Ltd, which was Peter Ridsdale's company.

Dividends were also nil.

There were management charges paid to Rudgwick in 2003, 2004 and 2005 totalling over £1.3 million. However, Rudgwick also waived a loan of over £1.9 million to the club during the same period.

I did.

Directors' emoluments are nil until 2006, when the club started paying for consultancy services provided by WH Sports Group Ltd, which was Peter Ridsdale's company.

Dividends were also nil.

There were management charges paid to Rudgwick in 2003, 2004 and 2005 totalling over £1.3 million. However, Rudgwick also waived a loan of over £1.9 million to the club during the same period.
    I saw the Rudgwick waiver ,but it depends what the waiver was for - it could have been for more shares.

You would also not know if he took a wage as they are all grouped together, but as I say it’s a drop in the ocean compared to the money he was asking back via Langston.

I looked at 2004 and directors emoluments are ~82,000
    in 2005 ~ 42,700

I looked at 2004 and directors emoluments are ~82,000
    in 2005 ~ 42,700
    I am looking at the audited accounts for Cardiff City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd for the year ended 31 May 2004 right now. Page 13. Section 5. Directors' emoluments - nil.

As for 'wages all grouped together', that's just nonsense. He was a director, not a cleaner.

But I give up. Believe what you will. It's of no consequence.

I am looking at the audited accounts for Cardiff City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd for the year ended 31 May 2004 right now. Page 13. Section 5. Directors' emoluments - nil.

As for 'wages all grouped together', that's just nonsense. He was a director, not a cleaner.

But I give up. Believe what you will. It's of no consequence.

You wouldn’t know if he took a wage regardless of his position, normally only the highest earner is listed. Directors can take a salary or dividend or both.

This article from Tony Clemo is interesting following the initial takeover.

Cardiff City still have to pay another £500,000 to Sam Hammam. Maybe that could be sidetracked and put in as compensation

Over six years, the club plunged into £30m of debt, but yesterday's £28m takeover is designed to raise £6.5m for Cardiff City and take out the £24m in loan notes guaranteed by Hammam.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...sation-2281892

I'm pretty sure PMG Estates (Guy's company) became the major shareholders when Hammam was ousted. The quote the man himself: "The rugby boys booted me out."

That's it.

Meanwhile, this story hasn't aged well!! https://www.theguardian.com/football...ry.cardiffcity

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-wages-2212589

Sam issues writ for ‘loss of wages’