+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2 Games

Re: 2 Games

I think Romeo is passable in that role when it comes to pace and fitness but he doesn’t have the creativity and crossing ability of NG. I think if you combined the two you’d have a very effective Championship fullback but individually both are a bit square peg round hole at this level.

Folk are barmy .

That's why we sing barmy army .

We'd rather slag folk and players off ? than try bolster support . Saturday showed that .

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Lose at home to sheff weds who I def expect to struggle and I think we will be in real trouble as I can’t see us getting any points at Leicester, Ipswich or at home to the jacks….
    I mostly follow your view and I am worried, but then we do have a new Manager, a new team a new style of play, and a new philosophy.

If you've seen Mission to Burnley, they started fairly poorly, and then it started to click and they started to improve rapidly, I'm hopefully more than optimistic that may happen to us?

Although it has failed miserably every other time we've tried to play it out from the back and this doesn't look any different yet, but they are simple individual errors, just maybe Bulut and the players can stop them?

International

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    We got promoted because teams with better squads were trying to play "the right way" with players incapable of doing that.

As football is a copycat game, loads of clubs are trying to get the same type of players to play the same type of watered-down Pep-ball so their costs increase. We tried to do this with lower league freebies and wondered why we are crap.

The Jacks were a decade ahead of the game when they went for smaller unwanted athletes but technical footballers, now those players are en vogue.

Warnock didn't buy into this and played with pace, power and trickery up top, dogs in the middle, and a stay-at-home back four, getting the ball to those who can damage the opposition and be good at defending and attacking set plays. Its not trendy but effective.

Bulut learned that NG cannot travel with the ball, Wintle can barely pass beyond 10M's and our inside forwards need the ball without the opposition having so much time they were waiting for them in pairs.

Bulut ball with this lot will get him sacked by bonfire night. Hopefully, he recruits his type of player or adapts
    Agreed it's not looking hopefully he can either improve them or get the players he needs?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Agree with this.
    Me too. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Lose at home to sheff weds who I def expect to struggle and I think we will be in real trouble as I can’t see us getting any points at Leicester, Ipswich or at home to the jacks….
    You're not being a 'doomsayer' by having that opinion.

Just realistic.

City are 'work in progress', until the work starts producing results (if?) it's obvious they're going to struggle obtaining points.

Being a proper misery guts about it City's defence doesn't fill me with any confidence. Armstrong (QPR) basically run channels last weekend and had a load of joy due to poor positioning and a lack of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You're not being a 'doomsayer' by having that opinion.

Just realistic.

City are 'work in progress', until the work starts producing results (if?) it's obvious they're going to struggle obtaining points.

Being a proper misery guts about it City's defence doesn't fill me with any confidence. Armstrong (QPR) basically run channels last weekend and had a load of joy due to poor positioning and a lack of pace.
    Yes we were exposed a few times in preseason by simple straight balls over the top

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Bump 👍
    And grind 😉