+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We are not as noisy as our neighbours

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

We are not as noisy as our neighbours

Re: We are not as noisy as our neighbours

I didn't read it because It wanted me to disable my adblocker. But 15th? That's bollocks. Yes, we lack the intimidation now we have a new fan friendly stadium and threat of hooligan is vastly diminished. 15th **** that.

Swansea have a smaller stadium , put 18 k in a 20 k stadium and that's what you get

Our place is too big for us , the original capacity was about right

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I didn't read it because It wanted me to disable my adblocker. But 15th? That's bollocks. Yes, we lack the intimidation now we have a new fan friendly stadium and threat of hooligan is vastly diminished. 15th **** that.
    Surprised we are that high…..we all know why though. It even comments on how far apart vocal home fans are from the away, at swansea they are right next to each other which obviously creates are far better atmosphere and no doubt loads of arrests and bans which is why we can’t do it…..

Perhaps fans who want to point at the opposition fans for 90 minutes could book a cinema and arrange it that way.

The atmosphere at my house is more than your house . Discuss
    What a truly pathetic article

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Most of it is entirely predictable if somewhat subjective

Didn’t bother reading it, but I defy any set of fans to produce the same atmosphere after watching three seasons worth of the shit we’ve had to put up with on our own ground.

The design of the CCS doesn't help along with its size

It's set back at quite an angle and it doesn't have that on top of you feel that St Andrews had for example

Whilst the club were given a poisoned chalice with regard to the away end and closeness of the home fans it clearly affects the atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The design of the CCS doesn't help along with its size

It's set back at quite an angle and it doesn't have that on top of you feel that St Andrews had for example

Whilst the club were given a poisoned chalice with regard to the away end and closeness of the home fans it clearly affects the atmosphere
    The atmosphere was brilliant at, for example, the Palace League Cup Semi, the win over Leicester mentioned elsewhere on here recently when we had ten men and a back four with only one proper defender and in plenty of other matches where there was something happening on the pitch to engage supporters. We could have been playing at the best ground in the world acoustically with the best set of fans on the planet and there would be hardly any atmosphere in the stadium if there's been three years, and counting's, worth of crap being played ou on the pitch by the home team.

In general it feels like our stadium needs to be full to generate a great atmosphere (Wales games, league cup / play off semi, Man City in the Prem) whereas Ninian park could generate a much better noise even when half empty and with less quality on the pitch.

I was going to mention the atmosphere at some of the Wales games has been fantastic, you really need to have something on the pitch to respond to

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The atmosphere was brilliant at, for example, the Palace League Cup Semi, the win over Leicester mentioned elsewhere on here recently when we had ten men and a back four with only one proper defender and in plenty of other matches where there was something happening on the pitch to engage supporters. We could have been playing at the best ground in the world acoustically with the best set of fans on the planet and there would be hardly any atmosphere in the stadium if there's been three years, and counting's, worth of crap being played ou on the pitch by the home team.
    That's surely the problem right there for you ?

Important games , big crowds .......Great atmosphere

Every other fixture ......crap

Whereas as Swansea get 15 k in a 20 k stadium and its often bouncing

With often very few away fans

That's surely the problem right there for you ?

Important games , big crowds .......Great atmosphere

Every other fixture ......crap

Whereas as Swansea get 15 k in a 20 k stadium and its often bouncing

With often very few away fans
    There wasn’t a huge crowd there for that Leicester game. Earlier in that season, we played Leicester in the Cup and there couldn’t have been much more than 10;000 there, but it was a great game (we won 4-2) and there was a good atmosphere that day. City proved me wrong in 18/19 when we averaged over 30,000, so you need a ground that big because the south Wales public have shown that they’ll turn out if they think that it’s worth it, but can anyone say that they think the last three seasons have been worth it?

Swansea have a smaller stadium , put 18 k in a 20 k stadium and that's what you get

Our place is too big for us , the original capacity was about right
    How on earth can you say that ? Four years ago we sold out our tickets every home game in the Premier League and averaged over 31000, we had 5 or six games last season over 20000 including the Swansea game which was 28200 and that was during a poor season. If we were top of the league this season during the run in, the stadium would be full.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How on earth can you say that ? Four years ago we sold out our tickets every home game in the Premier League and averaged over 31000, we had 5 or six games last season over 20000 including the Swansea game which was 28200 and that was during a poor season. If we were top of the league this season during the run in, the stadium would be full.
    The average attendance in the CCS shows that unless we are in the top flight the stadium is about 10000 seats too big for us.......season in , season out

I think the original 26000 was just about perfect

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    4 years ago we had a home sellout

Last season we had just 5 games over 20000 and 1 game that would have filled the capacity of the original stadium

I think you have said it all