+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark Mcguinness - NEW CONTRACT

Re: Mark Mcguinness

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The defensive line-up that day was:

Bagan, Flint, Nelson, McGuinness, Ng.

Surely McGuinness wasn't at wing-back?
    Im fairly sure he was in the right back position in that game v West Brom.

V WBA McGuinness right side. Brown left , Morrison Flint Nelson in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    V WBA McGuinness right side. Brown left , Morrison Flint Nelson in the middle.
    what on earth was he thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what on earth was he thinking
    "I love central defenders, me."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Let's not forget McGuiness was playing in League 1 for Wednesday, but did very well there.

When I look at our centre back pairing, I don't think they are as good as Loovens and Johnson, Bamba and Morrison, Turner and Hooch. McGuiness is our top centre back, which doesn't say much for Goutas. Simpson is third choice which is very scary. It's an area that worries me.
    Why have you continually got to diss City players , especially ones as good as Mcguiness ? Last season was his first full one at league level and half of it was played in League One, a much more physical league. Hardly surprising that he tired towards the end of it but overall he was one of our best players. He is only 22 has already improved again this season, both physically and technically and if he carries on doing that he will be a £10m plus player in 1-2 years. You should count our lucky chickens that we have him and got him so cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why have you continually got to diss City players , especially ones as good as Mcguiness ? Last season was his first full one at league level and half of it was played in League One, a much more physical league. Hardly surprising that he tired towards the end of it but overall he was one of our best players. He is only 22 has already improved again this season, both physically and technically and if he carries on doing that he will be a £10m plus player in 1-2 years. You should count our lucky chickens that we have him and got him so cheaply.
    Yes he has a huge amount of promise - if he was our own academy product people would be very invested in him.

He does make the occasional mistake, but you should probably expect that given his age, and I think he should be stronger in the air given his size. If he keeps improving he could be a premier league defender, if he doesn't improve at all then he's a decent championship player with some flaws to his game - the trouble is you can never tell which players will plateau and which will make the leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes he has a huge amount of promise - if he was our own academy product people would be very invested in him.

He does make the occasional mistake, but you should probably expect that given his age, and I think he should be stronger in the air given his size. If he keeps improving he could be a premier league defender, if he doesn't improve at all then he's a decent championship player with some flaws to his game - the trouble is you can never tell which players will plateau and which will make the leap.
    He’s better than Kipre IMHO

Any seats available by you? I want to watch the football that you’re watching, it must be where I’m sat that’s the problem

Re: Mark Mcguinness - NEW CONTRACT

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Any seats available by you? I want to watch the football that you’re watching, it must be where I’m sat that’s the problem
    More importantly is a lucky chicken 🐔 one that didn’t end up at KFC🤔

You should count our lucky chickens that we got him so cheaply
    Absolutely. The usual trend for the club over the last few seasons has been to spunk up lots of money on players we've then paid off to join lower division sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. The usual trend for the club over the last few seasons has been to spunk up lots of money on players we've then paid off to join lower division sides.
    Josh Murphy not wanted and heading for the exit at Oxford:

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/08/18/...-for-transfer/

What went wrong there?