+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We are all God's children.....

We are all God's children.....

......even us atheists.

However, being an oldish fart having been brought up on Easy Listening music by musical combos such as Sabbath, Budgie and Man, I am having a problem coming to terms with a genre of music I was exposed to last night. My good lady lives in the wilds on the top of the Mendips and gets free tickets for a rather niche 'music' festival that takes places three quarters of a mile away. We popped our heads in last night and this band were on the boards:

They seemed fairly popular with the crowd but I felt an urge to get home, sip a Wincarnis and knit a few pullovers before my brain turned to mulch.

Is anyone on here into such stuff?

Re: We are all God's children.....

Free tickets?
    I'd want free beer too to have to go suffer that shit.

Scary. Were there human sacrifices after? Shades of the start of a low budget horror film. Please post things like this in the day, it’s dark, my missus is around her friend’s house and I’m home alone!!!!!

the lead singer sounds like every interview Sean Dyche has ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Free tickets?
    I'd want free beer too to have to go suffer that shit.
    Tickets are, apparently, £215 per person for the 'ArcTangent' weekend - and possibly more for camping and parking.

I like to keep an open mind but I thought the band was utter sh1t.

That is pure horse shit. Anyone who’s into that, need’s counciling, or even prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    ......even us atheists.

However, being an oldish fart having been brought up on Easy Listening music by musical combos such as Sabbath, Budgie and Man, I am having a problem coming to terms with a genre of music I was exposed to last night. My good lady lives in the wilds on the top of the Mendips and gets free tickets for a rather niche 'music' festival that takes places three quarters of a mile away. We popped our heads in last night and this band were on the boards:

They seemed fairly popular with the crowd but I felt an urge to get home, sip a Wincarnis and knit a few pullovers before my brain turned to mulch.

Is anyone on here into such stuff?
    I like the riffing behind a lot of metal music but a minority of bands persist in this sort of singing .

Obviously it's not singing it's just grunting .

I first remember it coming from Napalm Death who again were very good musically but that was drowned out by ridiculous vocals .

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That is pure horse shit. Anyone who’s into that, need’s counciling, or even prison.
    Me and my mates love all kinds of heavy music and metal but I don't know any who are interested in that nonsense

Tickets are, apparently, £215 per person for the 'ArcTangent' weekend - and possibly more for camping and parking.

https://youtu.be/p4ZxhyrGxuo

Controlled Violence

I wouldn't say that it's utter shit. Not my thing, not by a long way, but utter shit is too dismissive in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wouldn't say that it's utter shit. Not my thing, not by a long way, but utter shit is too dismissive in my opinion.
    I think the singing is utter shit

Absolutely talentless

Gives metal a bad name that sort of band imo

Musically it's competent enough

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think the singing is utter shit

Absolutely talentless

Gives metal a bad name that sort of band imo

Musically it's competent enough
    I don't think that it's supposed to be singing, not in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that it's supposed to be singing, not in any form.
    https://youtu.be/XacJjD-qqlw

I have seen this lot several times in Cardiff

The lyrics are very intense but there's no way you can work out what he's saying , especially live

It's just a wall of guitar , drums , bass and feedback

I prefer a band that has cleanish vocals but a lot of the bands in the metal scene put that in the bushes

https://youtu.be/XacJjD-qqlw

I have seen this lot several times in Cardiff

The lyrics are very intense but there's no way you can work out what he's saying , especially live

It's just a wall of guitar , drums , bass and feedback

I prefer a band that has cleanish vocals but a lot of the bands in the metal scene put that in the bushes
    https://youtu.be/__Zl7i8tsuo

Helmet ......for non heavy fans this sort of stuff is noisy but it's mellow compared to some of the stuff out there

Never been a fan of heavy metal, but I accept that it’s wrong for me to write off the whole genre like I do, but I just don’t see how people can say, with hand on heart, they like that - I lasted about five minutes then gave up.

I think it's great there are bands out there for the vocally impaired.

I like the riffing behind a lot of metal music but a minority of bands persist in this sort of singing .

Obviously it's not singing it's just grunting .

I first remember it coming from Napalm Death who again were very good musically but that was drowned out by ridiculous vocals .
    Sorry mate but it is singing and its not easy to do. you can totally fry your vocal chords if you don't know what you are doing. As for the band, not my bag at all , but there are loads of bands like this and they have a huge market

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Sorry mate but it is singing and its not easy to do. you can totally fry your vocal chords if you don't know what you are doing. As for the band, not my bag at all , but there are loads of bands like this and they have a huge market
    Wether somethings easy to do or not I go for how it sounds

Guitar wise the best guitarists for me are the ones who sound fantastic ......often very simple stuff

All this fast speed stuff is nonsense , I prefer slow paced metal

Slayer playing slow were great imo but crap when it was a guitar contest between the two leads

I don't doubt that these vocals are difficult to do but that doesn't mean it's skilled .... it sounds awful and I couldn't listen to that at home never mind at a gig

It's a very small part of the metal scene

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I think it's great there are bands out there for the vocally impaired.
    Absolutely

Steps were fecking dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    It sounds like his vocal chords may be a tad damaged already.......

It sounds like his vocal chords may be a tad damaged already.......
    There's powerful screaming and there's grunting . It's so bad with bands like the one you have posted that it distracts from the music , some of which is very good if metal is your thing

I never rated Robert Plant as a vocalist but compared to that lot he's an angel

This is about as intense as it gets for a lot of people

https://youtu.be/l8_j7y1U5Qo

I love Slayer , slow , grinding metal

And you can hear exactly what he's saying unlike the grunters

Lead singer looks like Bale with an out of control top knot.

Give me Rammstein gig anyday.

Rammstein gig causes people to panic that ... - Wales Online https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...c-24370191.amp

I just like grinding

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I just like grinding
    Spelling issues again I see. It's called Grindr