+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Siopis signs - CONFIRMED

Siopis signs - CONFIRMED

Re: Siopis signs

Great signing!!

Sounds like the kind of player we need, let’s hope he settles and gives us that bit of defensive quality midfield.

City boss Bulut added: “Normally, a player like Manolis, when you try to take him, you can’t take him. It’s really difficult to get a player like this.

“I brought him to Alanyaspor and he took a really big step to Trabzonspor. When we saw that he became available, we contacted him and we have a really good relationship.

“He’s a fighter, who will work hard for the team. The fans will like him and in the last few years, he has increased his technical skills with the ball.”

Welcome to the Welsh capital, Manolis!

Potentially the game changer.
    Fingers crossed he turns out as good as at first glance.

Straight in for Wintle hopefully.

Looks like a good signing

International

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Not enough time to play tomorrow?

Let's hope he's available to take the ball from the defence and help them build some confidence.

Seems like a great signing in a position we really need - the goal scoring is a real aberration in the modern game where even full backs seem to score 2-3 a year.

Not a criticism of the signing at all, just a total statistical oddity. Surely can’t be any other player out there who has scored as many for club as he has for country over such a long career?

Let's hope he's a leader in midfield in the style of Gunnarson.

This is a great signing.

I did hear something quite interesting about his departure from Trabzonspor in that he personally paid up the rest of his contract. I wonder if his signing on fee here was, coincidentally, exactly the same amount needed to free him from his contract at Trabzonspor???

Can he chip in with goals ?

Hopefully he can boss the middle

Ricky Simicea type player ?

Let's be honest, none of us had even heard of this guy until yesterday, but I definitely like the sound of him. Hopefully he can freshen up what is a very sterile midfield unit.

The decision to hand Wintle a new three-year contract is curious given that Bulut has brought this guy in. I'd guess Rinomhota will be gone before the window closed.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    This is a great signing.

I did hear something quite interesting about his departure from Trabzonspor in that he personally paid up the rest of his contract. I wonder if his signing on fee here was, coincidentally, exactly the same amount needed to free him from his contract at Trabzonspor???
    Are we allowed to pay signing on fees ?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Wintle is a much better player than either Ralls or Adams and has just been given an extended contract.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    This is a great signing.

https://twitter.com/SavigmaP/status/...AWUXTrGXQ&s=08

Fingers crossed 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Fingers crossed ��
    The bit about him playing every game for two seasons in a row is not true. Despite it being on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ricky Simicea type player ?
    We can only hope so. RS was one of those players who made a huge difference to how we played and was really missed when he was out injured.

In 2021/22, when Trabzonspor won the Turkish league, Siopis made 16 starts and 15 sub appearances in a 38-game league season. The team's top scorer with 15 goals was a certain Andreas Cornelius.

It seems as though we have been overran in midfield the last few seasons.
    Hopefully he can add that bit of bite, energy and composure that we lost when Gunnarsson left.

It will be interesting to see if Adams, Ralls or possibly Sawyers can offer a bit more creativity with him undertaking the defensive midfielder roll.
    I’d assume Wintle would be his backup.

the signs are encouraging

well done city

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In 2021/22, when Trabzonspor won the Turkish league, Siopis made 16 starts and 15 sub appearances in a 38-game league season. The team's top scorer with 15 goals was a certain Andreas Cornelius.
    That’s enough chips pissed on for one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    That’s enough chips pissed on for one day.

Strange remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It seems as though we have been overran in midfield the last few seasons.
    Hopefully he can add that bit of bite, energy and composure that we lost when Gunnarsson left.

It will be interesting to see if Adams, Ralls or possibly Sawyers can offer a bit more creativity with him undertaking the defensive midfielder roll.
    I’d assume Wintle would be his backup.
    Or allow Ramsey freedom to move upfield and show his creativity.
    Or perhaps the yet to arrive "game changer is a creative forward/midfielder?