+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Siopis signs - CONFIRMED

Re: Siopis signs

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Wintle is a much better player than either Ralls or Adams and has just been given an extended contract.
    Bit harsh on Ralls and Adams.

I do wonder about the possibility of dressing room cliques developing, but I suppose that was more likely last season with so many newcomers. That apart, this looks like a good signing. He was a regular member of a title winning squad in Turkey, has won a decent number of caps for his country and I thought he looked good in his video

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I just don't see the club giving Wintle a new three year contract and the manager saying what he did about him and then relegate him to the reserves. I think he will play more often than not with Ramsey and Siopis. Alot of what Wintle does during a game goes unnoticed by many, as he is not a flash player but gets about the pitch, gets tackles and blocks in defensively and is very often involved in our goals and good moves.

I just don't see the club giving Wintle a new three year contract and the manager saying what he did about him and then relegate him to the reserves. I think he will play more often than not with Ramsey and Siopis. Alot of what Wintle does during a game goes unnoticed by many, as he is not a flash player but gets about the pitch, gets tackles and blocks in defensively and is very often involved in our goals and good moves.
    Adams has put in a lot more tackles and blocks when they've played together I think, but he needs to be a bit more composed in possession

Actually, I agree about Wintle who, because of the nature of the midfield we had, was expected to be a creator, but I don’t think that’s really his game. He’s a decent passer, but maybe now we can play more to his strengths(or what I think are his strengths).

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Adams has put in a lot more tackles and blocks when they've played together I think, but he needs to be a bit more composed in possession
    TBF Adams has only played about 115 minutes of championship football in his career.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Sounds like the kind of player we need, let’s hope he settles and gives us that bit of defensive quality midfield.
    Apparently, this one is not the game changer, that's to follow.

International

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    This is a great signing.

I did hear something quite interesting about his departure from Trabzonspor in that he personally paid up the rest of his contract. I wonder if his signing on fee here was, coincidentally, exactly the same amount needed to free him from his contract at Trabzonspor???
    Great work around well done City

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ricky Simicea type player ?
    That would be incredible he was class, half as good and he will improve out midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Apparently, this one is not the game changer, that's to follow.
    And dare I ask what your source is for this information? I think I know....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In 2021/22, when Trabzonspor won the Turkish league, Siopis made 16 starts and 15 sub appearances in a 38-game league season. The team's top scorer with 15 goals was a certain Andreas Cornelius.
    Ooh, this Cornelius chap sounds just like what we need up front, wonder if we have any chance of getting him too

In fairness to Cornelius he’s had a decent career since looking totally out his depth with us

International

Ralls is as good as Wintle, Adams tries but is more limited.

Re: Siopis signs - CONFIRMED

Wintle is a much better player than either Ralls or Adams and has just been given an extended contract.
    He's better than Adams, but Wintle is noticeably worse when he doesn't have Ralls beside him. Ralls is a proven Championship player who has been a key part of promotion and playoff teams, Wintle's spent most of his career in Leagues 1 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    In fairness to Cornelius he’s had a decent career since looking totally out his depth with us
    He's back at Copenhagen now. Still only 30. Sounds like a project.

International

And dare I ask what your source is for this information? I think I know....

Insta that's why I said apparently, and twatter I think, or curse it may or may not be correct.

Rumours of these deals were on there yesterday and scoffed by some but they were correct

Are we allowed to pay signing on fees ?
    Yes, we just can't pay other clubs any fees. Which we haven't

He's back at Copenhagen now. Still only 30. Sounds like a project.

I remember him coming on late on against Wales at the Euros and bullying our defenders. Very much summed up the day.

He's had a decent career to be fair to him, some league titles, almost 50 caps in a good Danish side, goals in Serie A and Ligue 1. Certainly done better than a lot of the crap we've signed over the years

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Insta that's why I said apparently, and twatter I think, or curse it may or may not be correct.
    I thought you were quoting one of the sages on the other board who has years of previous where this sort of thing is concerned.

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    TBF Adams has only played about 115 minutes of championship football in his career.
    And then went off injured, after last season that's got to be a worry!

Ralls fully fit is better than Wintle.

DML thought we were a better side with Will Vaulks in the team mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ralls fully fit is better than Wintle.

DML thought we were a better side with Will Vaulks in the team mind.
    If DML says it, it must be true, he’s a great judge of character 👏👏👏

For about a decade Joe Ralls has been an integral part of a squad constantly challenging for promotion to the Premier League, as well as playing in that supposed top league.

Joe Ralls never shirks from a challenge, never hides when he is having a bad game, always gives 100% commitment into every game and is certainly missed if he is out injured for a period of time.

I just don’t get these constant snide comments regarding Joe Ralls.

Some Turk on Facebook says he can’t pass.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    For about a decade Joe Ralls has been an integral part of a squad constantly challenging for promotion to the Premier League, as well as playing in that supposed top league.
    Have you been watching a different club?

Have you been watching a different club?
    My remarks in my previous reply were regarding Joe Ralls, and people demeaning his contribution and not our regression in recent seasons.

The club has been getting progressively worse since our last relegation from the Premier League… can that be due to Joe Ralls?

My tuppence, for what its worth… is once we were in the market to buy the “best players that Bristol City have”, it was downhill from there. Bristol City had regular mid-table Championship finishes, therefore we were recruiting worse players than we previously had.