+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moore

Re: Moore

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Surely, if we do get Moore, we can have loftier ambitions than just staying up ?
    🤣 fair play.

Would love him back but I can’t believe that Bournemouth aren’t able to sell him or at least loan out for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    I'm not feeling this one. Maybe partly because I don't forgive easily but more than that, I just don't think he is anywhere near the player he was, both attitude and impact wise.
    I am with you on this one.....

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    I'm not feeling this one. Maybe partly because I don't forgive easily but more than that, I just don't think he is anywhere near the player he was, both attitude and impact wise.
    Probably not, it’s a few years on now.
    Is he better than what we have? I would say so. Personally think he’s exactly what we need, we have talent in the wide areas and Ramsey at number 10. Moore with his back to goal gives us so much more, and adds an arial threat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Probably not, it’s a few years on now.
    Is he better than what we have? I would say so. Personally think he’s exactly what we need, we have talent in the wide areas and Ramsey at number 10. Moore with his back to goal gives us so much more, and adds an arial threat.
    I think that's partly my issue 2b. I think he is certainly capable of being better than we have got but I just don't think he can be asked anymore. If he comes, I hope I am proved wrong, I suppose if he can't really be asked, why would he come here and not see out his time where he is? I think I may have just beaten myself in an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your right no real stand outs but a very good side.

We had a squad of very good championship players who were physically tough could play and a real team.

Sides would have hated playing against us.

Id say only Ramsey gets in that side.

This back 5 for starters.Etheridge Manga Morrison Bamba Bennett. Id put Connelly and Peltier in our side tomorrow let alone any of them.

A younger Ralls , Gunner , Pilkington Mendez Hoillet , Grujic , Ken turned up then.
    Just shows how important a good manager is, to get the best out of a unit, like Warnock did

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your right no real stand outs but a very good side.

We had a squad of very good championship players who were physically tough could play and a real team.

Sides would have hated playing against us.

Id say only Ramsey gets in that side.

This back 5 for starters.Etheridge Manga Morrison Bamba Bennett. Id put Connelly and Peltier in our side tomorrow let alone any of them.

A younger Ralls , Gunner , Pilkington Mendez Hoillet , Grujic , Ken turned up then.
    Connelly

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Surely, if we do get Moore, we can have loftier ambitions than just staying up ?
    I think so. I hope so. Shouldn't be any real threat of relegation with that team, surely.

I don't think playoffs is realistic though given how QPR just dominated us at home. QPR FFS !!! One tenacious midfielder isn't going to be the game changer they think it is. Unless everyone around him ups their game too but I need to see it to believe it.

Still mid-table for me unless Tan chooses to spend in January. Sounds like he will if we're at least 10th or thereabouts???

I do like this quality over quantity philosophy though. Hope it continues.

I hope a lot of things!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I think so. I hope so. Shouldn't be any real threat of relegation with that team, surely.

I don't think playoffs is realistic though given how QPR just dominated us at home. QPR FFS !!! One tenacious midfielder isn't going to be the game changer they think it is. Unless everyone around him ups their game too but I need to see it to believe it.

Still mid-table for me unless Tan chooses to spend in January. Sounds like he will if we're at least 10th or thereabouts???

I do like this quality over quantity philosophy though. Hope it continues.

I hope a lot of things!
    I know I keep banging on about this, but we’ll be bottom six or worse unless we start showing up for home games - was shocked how bad we were against a team that’s been awful for nearly a year last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Connelly
    Connolly would walk into this team.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know I keep banging on about this, but we’ll be bottom six or worse unless we start showing up for home games - was shocked how bad we were against a team that’s been awful for nearly a year last weekend.
    You do keep banging on about it because whenever I think about our home form I think of you

But you're absolutely right!

It is THAT bad.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I know….did we really have many stand out players when we went up in 2018?
    Every player in the 2017/18 walks into our side. Manga, Bamba and Morrison are all outstanding centre backs. Bennett was very good, as was Etheridge. Ralls, Gunnar, Grujic were top centre mids, I was surprised how much Ralls struggled. NML and Hoilett (especially Hoilett) were brilliant wingers and Zohore was great. The slander this side gets is bizarre and Warnock gets way too much credit, even though he deserves a lot. I’ve not mentioned very good players like Peltier, Pilkington, Paterson, Bryson, Connolly, Ward, Harris, Richards etc.

In terms of absolute stand outs, Gunnar, Morrison, Bamba, Manga and Hoilett were brilliant players at Championship level.

QPR have Chair and Scotland’s no 9 (they’ve beaten Spain and Norway recently). They’ve got Sam Field who is linked with the PL. We should be beating them but the way people talk about QPR is as if they’re a team of League Two players.

Connelly
    Very good servant for us. Easily gets in our current side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    QPR have Chair and Scotland’s no 9 (they’ve beaten Spain and Norway recently). They’ve got Sam Field who is linked with the PL. We should be beating them but the way people talk about QPR is as if they’re a team of League Two players.
    Going into our game they had won a total of three games in 2023 and one of them was against an already promoted Burnley.

3 wins in 23 games.

I didn't say they were a League Two side but "we should be beating them" is the understatement of the year.

With crutches and inflatable boot

Going into our game they had won a total of three games in 2023 and one of them was against an already promoted Burnley.

3 wins in 23 games.

I didn't say they were a League Two side but "we should be beating them" is the understatement of the year.
    We have won 2 home games in 2023, QPR 2 away prior to last weekend.

Until our form is better I can't say I shared your pre match confidence.

Ronnie would struggle to score in this group of players, legs are probably shot now.

Connolly was terrible. I've never seen a player back off from his opponent as much as Connolly used to.

Connolly was terrible. I've never seen a player back off from his opponent as much as Connolly used to.
    Only at FB, which was not his best position. He was a very good CB.
    Last edited by John Buchanan; 19-08-23 at 11:37. Reason: Errir

He made 36 starts and scored 5 goals for Malky Mackay’s championship winning side in 2012/13. Not bad.

Got promoted out of the Championship with City, QPR, Watford and Reading (albeit on loan at the of the season with the last two).

Didnt Connolly win player of the season with us as well?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He made 36 starts and scored 5 goals for Malky Mackay’s championship winning side in 2012/13. Not bad.
    Didn't he play at right back for some of that season? Hudson and Turner were first choice for obvious reasons but Connolly would step in if needed. Think he kept McNaughton out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Didn't he play at right back for some of that season? Hudson and Turner were first choice for obvious reasons but Connolly would step in if needed. Think he kept McNaughton out for a while.
    He played at left back once when someone was out injured. He was a much better centre half or right back