+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The knee slide

The knee slide

O.K., thank you.

Could we try something else, now?

Signed

Your groundskeeper

Re: The knee slide

I'm surprised the managers and coaches let them do it. It looks like a great way to pick up a needless injury.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm surprised the managers and coaches let them do it. It looks like a great way to pick up a needless injury.
    I bet you're always the first to be invited to parties. :D

Having fractured my kneecap, I wouldn't wish a knee injury on anyone.
    I'd ban the slide if I had the power

Wasn't Earnie banned from doing the backflip and fined if he did it but continued to do it anyway? Or is that just a City urban legend?

Either way, it's all fun and games until your star striker blows his knee out celebrating. Handshakes and a pat on the back for particularly spectacular strikes from here on out please.

At least they are saving their knees at kick off now......thank goodness....

I'd chop their legs off at the knee; it's not so easy to do then.

In the good old days all you got was a brisk handshake, now you get covered in love bites!

Doesn't always go to plan

https://youtu.be/6xn8InN9cx4

The history of the goal celebration might be a fun project. These on-field orgies are a long way from John Charles's stoic handshake and trot back to the centre circle. Is there another sport that celebrates a score to this extent? Touchdown celebrations get a little colourful, but nothing like football's exuberance.

Perhaps the degree of celebration relates to the difficulty of scoring. It's notoriously hard to score in soccer, therefore a greater degree of celebration?

Gotta love the pile on, no idea who's hands are where, then all strip off naked and jump in the bath together then one of them comes out gay and all fecking hell breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Wasn't Earnie banned from doing the backflip and fined if he did it but continued to do it anyway? Or is that just a City urban legend?

Either way, it's all fun and games until your star striker blows his knee out celebrating. Handshakes and a pat on the back for particularly spectacular strikes from here on out please.
    Yeah - he was told not to do it so did a simple roll instead next game.

What pisses me off more is the players who wear their socks over the knees. Are they trying to look sexy or what? Poofs.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    What pisses me off more is the players who wear their socks over the knees. Are they trying to look sexy or what? Poofs.
    And what's with the proliferation of the sports bra? I though Brandi Chastain wore it well back in the '90s, but, guys, come on.