+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: todays U21 Game

todays U21 Game

Anyone else go ? ? ( I know reader ( he doesn't post anymore, but hi if you read this, nice to catch up briefly ) on here did, as he spoke to me at 1/2 time, Ive met him before at center Parcs )

I drove up, left 3 hours to get up to Cardiff, only took 2 & 1/2 hours, got to park in the car park ( for free ), so got in with 30 mins to spare, result

decent game, and a good crowd, stand out players for me, No 5, Xavier looked like a leader, always talking to his defenders, No7 Cian always wanted the ball and drive forward, but the best for me was Baby Colwill, nice touches, made himself available all the time, wanted to attack, he is going to be a decent footballer, Zimba took his Hatrick well, doing what a No9 should do ( he must be a better option for the 1st team than Etete )

Disappointment and im a big fan of his, Ollie Tanner, I was expecting him and Colwill to tear Wed's apart, he looked right off it, and shame

Last Saturday we watched the GK'er warm up and saw some youngster, thought he was young, today he was playing, Jake Dennis is only 17, been with us since he was 8

Nice to hear Pursey coaching, always giving advice

Oh and another goal against us well into Injury time, why cant we see games out

Re: todays U21 Game

I was there with my lads. We came over from Bristol.
    It’s funny, because I thought Benjamin had a stinker and that Tanner played well, with some great passes, plus he created the third goal from the left wing!

In my experience, first team players or squad members rarely tear things up when they play in reserve/under 21s football. I’ve been at games where you look at the team sheet and think you’re going to see City score five or six because they have half a side of first teamers and the opposition have no names you recognise in theirs, but it very seldom works out like that.

I thought Tanner did pretty well (a six or seven out of ten performance), but agree with the OP about Colwill and Ashford. As for Benjamin, I think the main reason he appears to be rated so highly by management at the club is because he’s a “leader”, but I’d like to see a bit more evidence that he can actually play. It’s a shame Dylan Lawlor made a poor error which led to Wednesday’s second goal, because, otherwise, I thought he played well and outshone Benjamin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I was there with my lads. We came over from Bristol.
    It’s funny, because I thought Benjamin had a stinker and that Tanner played well, with some great passes, plus he created the third goal from the left wing!
    Funny how different players see things differently, I guess I was expecting good things from him ( but tobw explains it ) as the few games ive seen him play he has been decent, 2 recent games , Colchester and QPR, he really looked the part, I think at the PW7 game he looked lively

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In my experience, first team players or squad members rarely tear things up when they play in reserve/under 21s football. I’ve been at games where you look at the team sheet and think you’re going to see City score five or six because they have half a side of first teamers and the opposition have no names you recognise in theirs, but it very seldom works out like that.

I thought Tanner did pretty well (a six or seven out of ten performance), but agree with the OP about Colwill and Ashford. As for Benjamin, I think the main reason he appears to be rated so highly by management at the club is because he’s a “leader”, but I’d like to see a bit more evidence that he can actually play. It’s a shame Dylan Lawlor made a poor error which led to Wednesday’s second goal, because, otherwise, I thought he played well and outshone Benjamin.
    yea a 6 would have been fair, but from his QPR subs appearance I was expecting more I guess

Benjamin looked very in control of his defence, imho thats a trait you cant fully coach it, you either have it or you dont

2 schoolboy mistake clearances, but even the more seasoned Pro's make them, it happens

I guess our player was sent off for 2 Yellows ? ? ? poor lad looked gutted when he came off

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Funny how different players see things differently, I guess I was expecting good things from him ( but tobw explains it ) as the few games ive seen him play he has been decent, 2 recent games , Colchester and QPR, he really looked the part, I think at the PW7 game he looked lively

yea a 6 would have been fair, but from his QPR subs appearance I was expecting more I guess

Benjamin looked very in control of his defence, imho thats a trait you cant fully coach it, you either have it or you dont

2 schoolboy mistake clearances, but even the more seasoned Pro's make them, it happens

I guess our player was sent off for 2 Yellows ? ? ? poor lad looked gutted when he came off
    Yes, very harsh by a ref who I think showed seven yellow cards in an age group game which did not have a bad tackle in it. Beecher’s tackle for the second yellow could have had a warning along the lines of another one like that and I’ll have to send you off. I think Beecher is a good prospect, but, you never know, he may never get the chance to play at Cardiff City Stadium in front of a decent crowd again and his memory of this game will be tarnished be because the ref had no feel for the occasion - it would have been a harsh sending off in a Championship game, but in a game like that one, there was no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, very harsh by a ref who I think showed seven yellow cards in an age group game which did not have a bad tackle in it. Beecher’s tackle for the second yellow could have had a warning along the lines of another one like that and I’ll have to send you off. I think Beecher is a good prospect, but, you never know, he may never get the chance to play at Cardiff City Stadium in front of a decent crowd again and his memory of this game will be tarnished be because the ref had no feel for the occasion - it would have been a harsh sending off in a Championship game, but in a game like that one, there was no need for it.

We were sat front row and thought he was coming over to chat to Pursey about something, he looked gutted, he got to the sideline and took his shirt off, my daughter said " he's been sent off " very harsh on the lad, he had a good game linking with Ollie in the 1st 1/2, in fact apart from Colwill he was my daughters motm