+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Usyk v Dubois

Usyk v Dubois

Usyk wins by KO.
    Dubois put him down in the 5th with what was called a low blow and he wouldn’t have made the count.

I don’t think it was a low blow and Dubois was robbed.

Re: Usyk v Dubois

Usyk went down hurt and played on the low blow. Another bad night for boxing.

I love Usyk.
    But he used Bernard Hopkins tactics there.

Right on the border, not low.
    Boxing is an embarrassment

Can't see the fuss with this one. It was borderline so they erred on side of caution allowing a recovery for the receiver without docking any points from the thrower.
    Had Dubois won the fight from that action then it would definitely have been classed as controversial

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Can't see the fuss with this one. It was borderline so they erred on side of caution allowing a recovery for the receiver without docking any points from the thrower.
    Had Dubois won the fight from that action then it would definitely have been classed as controversial
    His belt was as high as Vinnie’s.
    The only thing up for debate IMO is if Usyk would have made the count if the referee started one.

I agree the belt always looks to be sitting pretty high these days but I assume there are rules as to how high they can go?

Definitely hurt him

The blow looks right on the belt line to me and Usyk is hurt and milked it.

Fury will destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The blow looks right on the belt line to me and Usyk is hurt and milked it.

Fury will destroy him.
    Dubois isn't even the best boxer in his own family. Usyk controlled him easily, but if usyk thinks that he's getting those jabs off on Fury, then he's mistaken, and Fury will walk usyk down, hold him, rough him, lean on him, punch on the inside etc. I'm not sure if it was a legal punch or not, although i was amazed at how open usyk was in order for dubois to give the shot. I'm sort of mixed in terms of the outcome. Usyk controlled the fight. If Dubois had been given the the knockout then we would have to watch the bloody rematch