+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How are we all feeling?

Re: How are we all feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed, but we also have a few who will never be happy, whatever the result, they like to moan and groan about the club
    We also have a few who will happily accept any old rubbish the club serves up, and who believe that doing so somehow makes them morally superior to anyone who isn’t as vacuous as they are.

Yes Wednesday did look limited but as it's early days they were still full of fight. We let ourselves down in that 15min spell when they scored and I think even the gaffer must be aware of this trait in our play. McGuiness is only a pup in terms of his position but even Bamba made howlers and I remember people slating Hudson when he first signed.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    A lot of people seem to think QPR and Weds should have been an easy 6 points, but when on earth have there ever been easy games in the Championship? Especially when teams are on bad runs and fighting for points.

I'm sure Leicester and Leeds fans would have earmarked us as easy wins. It just doesn't work that way in this league.

As for us, it's going to take at least 15-20 games in my opinion to gauge what kind of season we're in for. But so far I'd say it's been a mixed bag. Bulut already touched on the mentality of the team and I think changing that is just as crucial as changing the level of performance. I'm certainly encouraged that he's shipped out (or is trying to ship out) most of what I would deem deadwood (Ojo, Allsop, Vontae-Campbell, Sawyers, Harris, Watters).

In terms of their replacements, it's early days. Some of them are undoubtedly improvements, and some of them are not. Centre back is obviously the problem position, and I wonder if the plan is to just get to January with whatever we can get, and then pay a fee for someone (Kipre, ideally). Conversely, I think we have far more quality and options in attack, and a fully fit Robinson (and, in a perfect world, Kieffer) could/would be huge for us.

We've looked a bit nervous (especially at home) and I can't say I'm impressed with the fitness levels of some players. But we were excellent for long periods away at Leeds and Leicester, and as bad as the QPR game was we still hit the bar twice and really shouldn't have lost that game. Very fine margins.

In summary: ask this question again at the end of October.
    I dont think its necessarily the points its the standard of football and trying to work out exactly what we are trying to do.

Losing to QPR is one thing. But being outplayed by them is another.

Im hoping there isnt a general fitness issue with the players as well. A lot of sides play a pressing game and force teams into errors(side like us who are just not good enough in possession). We dont press at all and I think thats why QPR in particular looked far better than what they are.

Im hoping its just a lack of game time for some and as fitness builds we can press the opposition and put them under pressure. At the moment they seem to have the freedom of the pitch.

I don’t think we can really judge until at least 10 games in. We’ve got a couple of players in midfield who have class we haven’t seen in quite a while, and also far more attacking options and look much more of a threat to score from open play than the last few years. Thought Meite also looked quite solid in the lone striker role on Saturday too.

The negatives are that it looks a lot more fragile defensively than it did last season and if there are any injuries to the 4 starters (maybe less at RB as we do have two decent options) we are completely fecked. Have to think he needs to get a more mobile CB option in - shame Panzo has gone elsewhere as it sounds like he was exactly what we needed.

Overall I think with an addition or two in defense we should be closer to mid table than relegation. Hopefully Tan has enough patience to stick with Bulut rather than jettisoning him at the first sign of a bad run and we finally can build a squad and a style of play.

I started the summer saying 19th-21st, after some decent signings I revised that to 16-18th. I’m more optimistic than in June and we could/should be on 8 points. I don’t see anything yet to say higher than 16th but maybe there are a couple more quality signings in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Does Ronnie O'Sullivan just pat himself on the back if he wins 10 games on the trot? Does Guardiola not look to iron out any issues if Man City win 10 on the spin?

There's always room for improvement in anything. Some fans just enjoy the ride, some enjoy looking more deeply at things. Neither is right or wrong.
    If liz hurley came round to your house in a sexy dress saying she had a million quid you would quiz her like the local CID

I'm optimistic we'll have a better season this season and encouraged that our Manager has spotted our weaknesses early and is attempting to address them within the transfer constraints we are operating under.

He now also realises there are no easy games in the championship.

If we can get to January towards the upper reaches of the lower half I think he'll have some decent contacts to buy a few players if Vinnie gives him some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    We also have a few who will happily accept any old rubbish the club serves up, and who believe that doing so somehow makes them morally superior to anyone who isn’t as vacuous as they are.
    Now who on earth could you be referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If liz hurley came round to your house in a sexy dress saying she had a million quid you would quiz her like the local CID
    I'd assume she was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd assume she was lost.
    He'd probably prefer a quiz with Huge grant

Fantastic thanks - kind of you to ask 👍

Fair to middling.

And I expect to enjoy this season more than last. Which I didn't. Enjoy that is.