+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First league win for Bulut’s Bluebirds lifts home pressure a little.

First league win for Bulut’s Bluebirds lifts home pressure a little.

This time the late, late goal comes from City!

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: First league win for Bulut’s Bluebirds lifts home pressure a little.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This time the late, late goal comes from City!

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Haven't managed to see us yet this season. How is Ramsey settling in? Not much in your report about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Haven't managed to see us yet this season. How is Ramsey settling in? Not much in your report about that.
    Probably because he was non-existent for most of this game. His biggest moment was passing it right to the other team, right outside our box.

That goal last week though

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I’ve seen it claimed by people in the local media that Ramsey is the best player in the division. Such claims do no good whatsoever in my opinion - once upon a time, he would have been, but that time was a few years ago now and all stuff like that does is raise expectations to unrealistic levels. Ramsey has always been a bit of a hit and miss player - the “fault” identified when he was a teenager that he wants too many touches has never really gone away, he tries things that others wouldn’t and, arguably takes too much on himself.

However, the bit about trying things that others wouldn’t is, for me, more of a strength than a weakness and I’d say Ramsey has shown enough in the first four games to suggest that he can be influenced at this level this season if his team mates can get themselves on his wavelength. There were promising signs in pre season that Karlan Grant was “reading” Ramsey, but then he was so poor in our first two league games that you couldn’t blame Bulut for leaving him out. Callum Robinson, another one who you’d think could work well with Ramsey, cannot get a look in this season for some reason and so you get games like yesterday where we never really clicked as an attacking unit - as I mentioned, Joe Ralls was the driving force behind our best spell of the game.

Siopis looks like he can help matters once he gets his bearings, but when you see plays from our forwards as daft as when Meite ignored the completely unmarked Tanner to try a shot he’s probably scoring one time out of ten, you do wonder how much good a better quality midfield can do us.