+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Petition against 20mph blanket speed limit

Re: Petition against 20mph blanket speed limit

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    When I went a speed awareness course, the only thing I learned was where theres no speed limit signs, and street lights are present.,the default speed limit is 30mph.
    I presume now the default speed limit is 20 mph.
    Yes, unless signs say 30mph or other.

I have no issue with 20mph areas in residential areas, by schools during school time etc, but the default is now 20mph unless told otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I thought it sounded like a daft policy if it was a blanket drop to 20mph from 30mph but it's only on selected roads.

Hardly make any difference.

Apart from to the old knobheads who like to complain about everything.
    **** off

International

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I must admit, I thought the total would be going up much faster than it actually is. I've been checking, about 150 signatures a day is the average, which is not that much. Is it that people don't know about the petition, or that they don't care, or perhaps that they don't think it will make any difference what they vote?
    It will move faster after 17th when people have experienced it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I thought it sounded like a daft policy if it was a blanket drop to 20mph from 30mph but it's only on selected roads.

Hardly make any difference.

Apart from to the old knobheads who like to complain about everything.
    It's young knobheads with busy jobs mostly, the old knobheads love it it fills the day with their trip to Asda taking 30% longer!

63% in favour of it apparently.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    63% in favour of it apparently.
    90% or more against

Overall, 5,112 votes were received with 87 percent (4,464 people) answering “yes” compared with 12 percent (624 people) who said “no”. A further 24 people said they did not know.

Hundreds of comments were left below the accompanying article as readers shared their thoughts on the reduced speed limit.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...oll-result-spt

Since April, WalesOnline has been conducting its own poll, to find out what readers thought about the speed limit reduction. In response to the question, 'Do you support the default speed limit changing from 30mph to 20mph in Wales?' there were 825 yes votes, but more than ten times as many - 8,770 - for no. These results suggest that an overwhelming majority are against the change, but it is important to point out that the tool is not perfect as people are able to vote more than once.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...20mph-27430204

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Presumably the point you are making is that 1966 was the year that the highest number of road fatalities in the UK was recorded and as a result of speed restrictions they are lower by a factor of 5 times?
    And the improved safety of cars has nothing to do with a lowering factor ?
    IMO however is that 70 MPH is plenty fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    90% or more against

Overall, 5,112 votes were received with 87 percent (4,464 people) answering “yes” compared with 12 percent (624 people) who said “no”. A further 24 people said they did not know.

Hundreds of comments were left below the accompanying article as readers shared their thoughts on the reduced speed limit.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...oll-result-spt

Since April, WalesOnline has been conducting its own poll, to find out what readers thought about the speed limit reduction. In response to the question, 'Do you support the default speed limit changing from 30mph to 20mph in Wales?' there were 825 yes votes, but more than ten times as many - 8,770 - for no. These results suggest that an overwhelming majority are against the change, but it is important to point out that the tool is not perfect as people are able to vote more than once.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...20mph-27430204
    I bet the overwhelming majority voting are motorists.

I bet if there was a vote of those in residential areas who dont drive including elderly and children then the result would look very different.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I bet the overwhelming majority voting are motorists.

I bet if there was a vote of those in residential areas who dont drive including elderly and children then the result would look very different.
    Yes and if they'd have asked the sheep they would have wanted no cars and more grass, and a ban on wellies, 90% are against it

Yes and if they'd have asked the sheep they would have wanted no cars and more grass, and a ban on wellies, 90% are against it
    63% in favour.👍

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No confidence in him either, but he was in favour of 20mph in Sully, Penarth an area he represents in 2018 in relation to speeding in that area, he was daft to get a photo taken though that can now be used by the Drippy's cronies years later.

Surely Wales can do better than Drippy and RT?

No confidence in him either, but he was in favour of 20mph in Sully, Penarth an area he represents in 2018 in relation to speeding in that area, he was daft to get a photo taken though that can now be used by the Drippy's cronies years later.

Surely Wales can do better than Drippy and RT?
    7 out of 11 Tories voted in favour of it, as did 8 out of 10 Plaid AMs. Oddly, ART didn't turn up to vote.
    All the Tories can see now is a policy that seems widely unpopular, and therefore a potential vote winner, hence their promise now of overturning it if they win the next Senedd election.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    7 out of 11 Tories voted in favour of it, as did 8 out of 10 Plaid AMs. Oddly, ART didn't turn up to vote.
    All the Tories can see now is a policy that seems widely unpopular, and therefore a potential vote winner, hence their promise now of overturning it if they win the next Senedd election.
    Thing is, it isn't a potential vote winner. There's been no sign of Tory increases in the opinion polls in the several weeks since they announced their u-turn on the matter.

Typical TT.

If you voted Labour at the last Senedd elections and you are a dyed in wool Labour supporter - then you should be happy with the policy ? same goes for Cardiff Council and the traffic jam growth policies. Sensible policies for a more Labour Cardiff and Wales etc

So shut ya moaning - and enjoy your traffic jam, more air pollution and speeding fines as that's exactly what you voted for, unless of course Drakey will be doing a U turn on his very own poll tax moment?

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    If you voted Labour at the last Senedd elections and you are a dyed in wool Labour supporter - then you should be happy with the policy ? same goes for Cardiff Council and the traffic jam growth policies. Sensible policies for a more Labour Cardiff and Wales etc

So shut ya moaning - and enjoy your traffic jam, more air pollution and speeding fines as that's exactly what you voted for, unless of course Drakey will be doing a U turn on his very own poll tax moment?
    They don't want any of that nonsense either, they will just make stuff up to show support for Drippy, One was even saying he didn't mind not being able to drive in and out of Wales earlier because he suddenly loves wetlands and little birdies

Ten speeding tickets no licence, no cars, no NHS, no motorways, no services they'll still vote for him, it's a foregone conclusion, although I did hear one bloke on Sunday say he'd never vote Labour again because of the speeding campaign.

International

I doubt that, and even if they did, that's what Ministers are supposed to do, if 90% hate something offer to change it in exchange for votes what's wrong with that?

International

Thing is, it isn't a potential vote winner. There's been no sign of Tory increases in the opinion polls in the several weeks since they announced their u-turn on the matter.
    It's almost impossible as I've said to get the valleys to not vote labour because of mining, but this will upset a lot when they get banned for speeding at 22 mph.

It's almost impossible as I've said to get the valleys to not vote labour because of mining, but this will upset a lot when they get banned for speeding at 22 mph.
    Who’s getting banned for driving once at 22mph?
    Clearly 90% don’t hate it otherwise Andrew retweet would be gaining popularity

I haven't seen that many covered over 20mph signs in my neck of the woods.
    As the actress said to the bishop
    Suck it and see..

The Welsh Conservatives reckon they're going to force a final vote

https://twitter.com/WelshConserv/sta...w-E_dhDPQ&s=19

The anger of these old Tories.🤣🤣🤣

The Welsh Conservatives reckon they're going to force a final vote

https://twitter.com/WelshConserv/sta...w-E_dhDPQ&s=19
    I thought most old tories thought it was undemocratic to have another vote