+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Petition against 20mph blanket speed limit

Re: Petition against 20mph blanket speed limit

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We've had it for ages, it will change people's views when everyone gets it, it's more annoying than you can imagine, especially if you have a busy life and travel reasonable distances.

He's got away with this whats to stop him from setting dual carriageways to 30mph and motorways to 40mph, on the premise, more people die in crashes at 70mph than 40mph or even less if we have 30mph on motorways, still the mugs would vote for him.
    🤣

Some mugs will vote for the blue rosette despite the most shambolic govt in history at the next election.

Time to give Plaid a go in Wales ?and all non mugs just vote tactically to get the Tories smashed nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's it. Lots of people will be against 20mph speed limits except those past their front door.
    My street has been 20 for a while and it’s rarely adhered too by the looks. Furthermore, my neighbour who is a Dr in Merthyr reckons more chance of a child being killed at 20 than 30, said at 30 usually get knocked up or out the way, at 20 will just get run over…..more genius by Kim jong Drakeford and his cronies eh? Allied to this he like me and no doubt many others have already had one ticket in the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    🤣

Some mugs will vote for the blue rosette despite the most shambolic govt in history at the next election.

Time to give Plaid a go in Wales ?and all non mugs just vote tactically to get the Tories smashed nationally.
    Touch of the Trumpies with this whole 'Worst X in history' stuff.

Im open minded on Plaid or Lib Dems (and Cons). Problem with Plaid is I am entirely opposed to Welsh independence. I actually was always a fan of Adam Price mind, who I always considered a wise politician.

On the Tories - you do realise that compared to England we are basically behind them on pretty much every social, health, educational, economic metric going, and we've had a quarter of a century of people saying 'welsh Labour protecting us from the Tories'.

What exactly are we being protected from? Higher wages? Lower unemployment? Better cancer waiting times etc? I rarely see much evidence behind the hyperbole.

My kids are growing up in Wales under Welsh Labour. My sister's kids grow up in England under the Tories. There isn't a single bit of evidence to suggest my kids have it better tbh. I just don't get where you lot get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    My street has been 20 for a while and it’s rarely adhered too by the looks. Furthermore, my neighbour who is a Dr in Merthyr reckons more chance of a child being killed at 20 than 30, said at 30 usually get knocked up or out the way, at 20 will just get run over…..more genius by Kim jong Drakeford and his cronies eh? Allied to this he like me and no doubt many others have already had one ticket in the last few weeks.
    I'm opposed to this 20mph stuff but I do concede it will likely make the roads safer.

I just don't think you sacrifice every aspect of life at the alter of safety.

your neighbour is full of shit tbf

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm opposed to this 20mph stuff but I do concede it will likely make the roads safer.

I just don't think you sacrifice every aspect of life at the alter of safety.
    has it sacrificed every aspect of life, or made your commute about 2 minutes longer..

Its more you are far more likely to be able to stop the car at 20 and avoid the collision in the 1st place.

Im open minded on Plaid or Lib Dems (and Cons). Problem with Plaid is I am entirely opposed to Welsh independence. I actually was always a fan of Adam Price mind, who I always considered a wise politician.

On the Tories - you do realise that compared to England we are basically behind them on pretty much every social, health, educational, economic metric going, and we've had a quarter of a century of people saying 'welsh Labour protecting us from the Tories'.

What exactly are we being protected from? Higher wages? Lower unemployment? Better cancer waiting times etc? I rarely see much evidence behind the hyperbole.

My kids are growing up in Wales under Welsh Labour. My sister's kids grow up in England under the Tories. There isn't a single bit of evidence to suggest my kids have it better tbh. I just don't get where you lot get it from?
    The Tories have been running the UK for bloody years bar a few interventions (and the Blair one was Torylike). Wales, the North East, North West & Scotland have been treated like the shit on their shoe way, way before any Assembly, Scottish Parliament etc. Yet people who they have utter contempt for crazily vote for them, God knows why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    your neighbour is full of shit tbf
    I’ll let him know

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its more you are far more likely to be able to stop the car at 20 and avoid the collision in the 1st place.
    Whilst constantly trying to look for signs to see what the speed limit is? Or checking the speedo…..

What I find amusing about this, mainly from reading various Facebook groups, is that people think they've been driving around at 30mph all this time. They haven't, they just been joining the queue at the next junction or traffic lights, s bit sooner than they will be from tomorrow.

Let's not forget that, while we do have our own Government, it is limited in what it can do financially.

I have huge issues with Westminster. The vast majority of MPs are English. Anything and everything that can make the largest amounts of money stay in England, particularly the south east. Could you imagine Westminster agreeing to pay billions so Wales could set up its own financial area? At present Westminster is refusing to allow devolution of the Crown Estate to Wales, where we would make profits on our own natural resources. Instead they are going to HM Treasury.

Give me examples where any governments in Westminster have provided the funding to help an infrastructure to help Wales build its own economy? I can't think of any, and I'm not talking about a relief road here or there. I'm talking genuine opportunities for massive banks and very wealthy business people to come to Wales instead of England. Of course it won't happen.

Scotland is only really valuable to Westminster while it has oil.

Only England really matters to Westminster. Poorer areas don't matter to the Tory Government. We are trodden in pieces of shit on their shoes, yet there are always enough come election time to hold up the gruel bowl of hope to ask for some more.

I got back off holiday last night and as I came along the A4119 from Castell Mynach into Groesfaen they appeared to have sprayed grey paint over all the 30mph signs. So it looks like that stretch will become 20

So that road from Castell Mynach to Radyr will be something like 40 / 60 / 20 / 60 / 30 / 40 / 30 / 20 over about a 4-5 mile stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I got back off holiday last night and as I came along the A4119 from Castell Mynach into Groesfaen they appeared to have sprayed grey paint over all the 30mph signs. So it looks like that stretch will become 20

So that road from Castell Mynach to Radyr will be something like 40 / 60 / 20 / 60 / 30 / 40 / 30 / 20 over about a 4-5 mile stretch.
    Yeah that grey paint confused me when I went through it. Didn't know what to drive.