+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 weeks rest after Saturday. Why not go for it tomorrow?

2 weeks rest after Saturday. Why not go for it tomorrow?

I'm as confident as I can be we won't be going up or down this year. Concentrate on the league they cry! But why I ask?

Why not have a little crack at the cups this year? As fans our memories of the club are hugely disproportionately in the cup competitions compared to the league. We play a handful of Cup games each year yet most peoples top 5 city memories would have as many Cup moments as league. Winds me up everyone wants to concentrate on the league. Even if we were going for promotion we'd only come straight back down anyway.

Surely they can't be too tired already? The team is taking shape. Keep working on it I say.

Re: 2 weeks rest after Saturday. Why not go for it tomorrow?

I'd keep the spine of the team. Think some of them definitely need to build an understanding.

But then I suppose there's no way Ramsey plays, few others with knocks.

At the same time likes of Tanner probably deserves a start. I'd also expect the keeper to get a go.

I don't want a reserve team put out but fully expect a number of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I'd keep the spine of the team. Think some of them definitely need to build an understanding.

But then I suppose there's no way Ramsey plays, few others with knocks.

At the same time likes of Tanner probably deserves a start. I'd also expect the keeper to get a go.

I don't want a reserve team put out but fully expect a number of changes.
    Agree with this. If it was a league game I wouldn't expect Ramsey to play 3 in a week so i don't expect him to travel.

No issue tanner and colwill starting as a decent argument they should start a league game anyway.

Runnarson perhaps signed as the number 1 so I wouldn't mind him playing.

There Will always be changes with 3 games in a week particularly as those 3 games means you can make 15 subs but needs to be strong.

Theres already concerns about the defence.

We are an injury to McGuinness away from disaster. Imagine Simpson Goutas as a pairing for a significant amount of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Theres already concerns about the defence.

We are an injury to McGuinness away from disaster. Imagine Simpson Goutas as a pairing for a significant amount of games.
    That wont happen.

There will be people coming in this week I'm sure. Not in the know it's just surely even more obvious we need a CB than it was we needed a striker under morison.