+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: IPSWICH TOWN 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: IPSWICH TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I can never understand how a new guy is put straight in the side less than 24 hours from walking through the door. How can there be any understanding?

Goal aside, Ramsey has had a shocker. Lost posession so many times.

We look clueless and lost now. From looking completely dominant.

Did Ralls have to come off?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    We were always going to struggle once Ipswich decided to play. At least most of our relegation rivals are struggling
    No they are not.

good first half then we went back to being us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Basset View Post
    What is our problem in holding a 2-0 lead? Three time this season we have been pegged back from this position - shocking!
    Let me think about that for a moment……

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Taking Tanner of(for no reason unless injured) was key.
    Yep. At HT i was hoping the 2nd half woud feature some Tanner x Colwill link up play

Agree with Ramsey comment and with Ralls comment....why take him off?? He adds 'bite'.

And the ref blocks one of our players, but play on he says

Bulut gets some new players but doesn't seem to know how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    good first half then we went back to being us.
    We started the 2nd half well. Id love to know why Ugbo came on though. Looks a complete passenger.

Complete mis management of this game. Ipswich are mid table at best weve thrown the game away.

To concede 3 this easy is very worrying. Not convinced at all by Siopis or Goutas. But theres also been positive play. Its going to be a tough battle to stay up though.

Same old Cardiff - bottlers!

How the hell did we manage to lose that? Stream failed so I did not see the first two Ipswich goals...but keeper should have done better for the third for sure........Alnwick must be having an inner smile.......

When you add up all the subs and the formation change plus he's changed the keeper who has been more than solid so far this season, you have to say Bulut had an absolute mare. Unbelievably frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    Same old Cardiff - bottlers!
    Wouldn’t say bottlers, the blame lies entirely with Bulut, no-one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We started the 2nd half well. Id love to know why Ugbo came on though. Looks a complete passenger.

Complete mis management of this game. Ipswich are mid table at best weve thrown the game away.

To concede 3 this easy is very worrying. Not convinced at all by Siopis or Goutas. But theres also been positive play. o be a tough battle to stay up though.
    Totally agree. Balut needs to reflect. I don’t care how good their home record is, to lose that game after being 2-0 up was disgraceful

Can someone please explain what happened after our second goal?

Just seen their second goal again, Ramsey gets pushed over as the ball comes in….of course this ref doesn’t give it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

To concede 3 this easy is very worrying. Not convinced at all by Siopis or Goutas. But theres also been positive play. Its going to be a tough battle to stay up though.
    I think Siopis is great. Haven't had a midfielder with his energy for a while.

The most disappointing result of the season so far for me because of how well we had played before imploding. I'm not panicing yet though. Although not good enough it's much better than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    How the hell did we manage to lose that? Stream failed so I did not see the first two Ipswich goals...but keeper should have done better for the third for sure........Alnwick must be having an inner smile.......
    Ipswich pass straight through City, Ralls slides in and misses, Broadhead picks it up and nobody challenges him, Goutas doesn't step out, good shot from 25 yards but very central, keeper could maybe have done better

Then a low corner into the box (which they'd just done with great success a minute or two before), nobody on City is awake, Siopis slides in and it comes off him towards the goal, Panzo is the wrong side of Ladapo who sweeps it at the near post, keeper is far too late getting over and it trickles in.

Not a great league debut to say the least

Weve conceded the 1st from some pathetic attempt to play out from a goal kick when looking in complete control despite Ugbo looking totally out of place already.

That was worse than the countless Dave Jones type tactics. Its 5 games in and we are probably where we expected at the bottom with the relegation fodder.

Today though I think thats on the manager and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Wouldn’t say bottlers, the blame lies entirely with Bulut, no-one else.
    And the Leeds game? And the Colchester game?

Like others I missed a key 10 minutes of the game and had no commentary but don’t understand why Tanner went off, why the change of formation, why bring Panzo on? This looks like a managerial disaster from what I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    We collapsed and conceded three shocking goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    SH.T happened