+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will we get any MOORE?

Re: Will we get any MOORE?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    There is nothing more to say really is there ,ultimately most deals are done weeks before they are announced, which was the original point.

The links posted might help I thought ,it’s ok to have a different opinion though and if you can source some alternatives then that would be super.
    Try this one regarding the medicals:

https://www.footballorbit.com/what-a...tball-medical/

Key lines:

"The discovery of latent injuries during a medical may lead to transfer deals being scuppered at the last minute, much to the embarrassment of the player and the selling club. Typically, clubs hastily agree to sign players on transfer deadline day “subject to a medical”. This will allow the deal to go through without the need for the lengthy process."

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Try this one regarding the medicals:

https://www.footballorbit.com/what-a...tball-medical/

Key lines:

"The discovery of latent injuries during a medical may lead to transfer deals being scuppered at the last minute, much to the embarrassment of the player and the selling club. Typically, clubs hastily agree to sign players on transfer deadline day “subject to a medical”. This will allow the deal to go through without the need for the lengthy process."
    That’s the exception though as as far as I know none of the last minute dealings this season were subject to that.

And to reiterate once again, there are always exceptions.

Why do you think people like Paul Abbodanato are obligated to keep things they know quiet ?

Why do you think my mate told me to keep quiet on the B Albion signing when it was completed ?

That’s the exception though as as far as I know none of the last minute dealings this season were subject to that.

And to reiterate once again, there are always exceptions.
    Honestly, you're very hard work...

So let's take the case of Brennan Johnson. Deal with Spurs announced as finalised at 11:00pm on transfer deadline day - Friday 01/09/23.

Johnson had played for Nottingham Forest against Burnley in the League Cup on Wednesday 30/08/23. He came on as a sub in the 72nd minute.

The Spurs website announcement is here:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...s-from-forest/

No mention of a medical.

So how did this miracle transfer occur? Was this deal done weeks beforehand, but Spurs allowed Johnson to keep playing for Forest right up until the last minute so they could dramatically announce his capture on deadline day?

Or was it perchance a multi-million pound deal concluded very late in the transfer window, and probably subject to a medical given the obvious time constraints?

Honestly, you're very hard work...

So let's take the case of Brennan Johnson. Deal with Spurs announced as finalised at 11:00pm on transfer deadline day - Friday 01/09/23.

Johnson had played for Nottingham Forest against Burnley in the League Cup on Wednesday 30/08/23. He came on as a sub in the 72nd minute.

The Spurs website announcement is here:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...s-from-forest/

No mention of a medical.

So how did this miracle transfer occur? Was this deal done weeks beforehand, but Spurs allowed Johnson to keep playing for Forest right up until the last minute so they could dramatically announce his capture on deadline day?

Or was it perchance a multi-million pound deal concluded very late in the transfer window, and probably subject to a medical given the obvious time constraints?

Wow this is why the thread has been moved.

Look, I know you’re not interested in what I’ve posted , even with many examples, and I’ll reiterate there are always exceptions which I’ve always maintained.

The wall to wall coverage of the transfer window is brilliant PR for the EFL, and PL.

The Tottenham transfer could have been a pre agreement ( like many others)as I note he didn’t play the whole game.

Wow this is why the thread has been moved.
    I give up.

I give up.
    Please Do

There is nothing more to say really is there ,ultimately most deals are done weeks before they are announced, which was the original point.

The links posted might help I thought ,it’s ok to have a different opinion though and if you can source some alternatives then that would be super.
    Some deals may be done 'in principle' by clubs and agents weeks or even months before a transfer window opens - but they are the minority (the ones that get announced in the first few days of the window - like Ugbo and Goutas) and will be subject to final checks and contractual formalities. They cannot be signed and registered in advance of the window.

There may be some deals done 'in principle' like Ramsey (maybe Siopis) where the club and tame journalists expect a deal to go through because the player and club want it to happen - and discussed it long in advance - but there is still a risk that the player may not be able to get out of their current contract as expected or the proposed deal could be hijacked. It could all fall apart - and often does.

But to claim that most deals are done, dusted, and signed off weeks in advance, and just held back for a PR splash, and to keep Sky in rolling headlines, is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Some deals may be done 'in principle' by clubs and agents weeks or even months before a transfer window opens - but they are the minority (the ones that get announced in the first few days of the window - like Ugbo and Goutas) and will be subject to final checks and contractual formalities. They cannot be signed and registered in advance of the window.

There may be some deals done 'in principle' like Ramsey (maybe Siopis) where the club and tame journalists expect a deal to go through because the player and club want it to happen - and discussed it long in advance - but there is still a risk that the player may not be able to get out of their current contract as expected or the proposed deal could be hijacked. It could all fall apart - and often does.

But to claim that most deals are done, dusted, and signed off weeks in advance, and just held back for a PR splash, and to keep Sky in rolling headlines, is nonsense.
    Most are done weeks before the PR stuff , I’ve been told that by people who have been involved in transfer fees , it’s clearly not nonsense, but if you have anything that supports your case , by all means provide the proof.

That’s the thing, you’re just guessing the processes involved, like one or two others.

Most are done weeks before the PR stuff , I’ve been told that by people who have been involved in transfer fees , it’s clearly not nonsense, but if you have anything that supports your case , by all means provide the proof.

That’s the thing, you’re just guessing the processes involved, like one or two others.
    There's been loads of articles and videos over the years, going behind the scenes on transfer deadline day. They all say the same thing, that it really is as frantic and stupid and profligate and often poorly planned as it seems. Here's just a few I found on the first page of a google search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29z_R6Uk3Bc

https://theathletic.com/4825447/2023...w-summer-2023/

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...esdeadline-day

The infamous Odemwingie incident:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23762...e-day-caulker/

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-8477964.html

So a fair amount of proof.

Whereas you seem to be basing your entire argument on your friend's son free transfer to Burton. Might I suggest that perhaps not every transfer deal is like this one?

I'm sure players and agents are often in talks with clubs (a number of clubs) a few weeks before most deals are finalised, but what everyone here is disagreeing with is that the deals are 'done' at that point and only kept back because it's "all part of the drama."

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There's been loads of articles and videos over the years, going behind the scenes on transfer deadline day. They all say the same thing, that it really is as frantic and stupid and profligate and often poorly planned as it seems. Here's just a few I found on the first page of a google search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29z_R6Uk3Bc

https://theathletic.com/4825447/2023...w-summer-2023/

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...esdeadline-day

The infamous Odemwingie incident:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23762...e-day-caulker/

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-8477964.html

So a fair amount of proof.

Whereas you seem to be basing your entire argument on your friend's son free transfer to Burton. Might I suggest that perhaps not every transfer deal is like this one?

I'm sure players and agents are often in talks with clubs (a number of clubs) a few weeks before most deals are finalised, but what everyone here is disagreeing with is that the deals are 'done' at that point and only kept back because it's "all part of the drama."

As I say there are exceptions, and ive asked my good friend about his sons other transfers and they were also completed some time before the transfer was announced.

The drama bit could have been worded better but that’s hardly the point I was making in this instance. Not sure why it’s gained so much traction really as I would have thought “ completed weeks before in most cases” was pretty obvious.

Here is an example of Sky Sports on deadline day ,happened this week

https://x.com/carefreekieran2/status...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

As I say there are exceptions, and ive asked my good friend about his sons other transfers and they were also completed some time before the transfer was announced.

The drama bit could have been worded better but that’s hardly the point I was making in this instance. Not sure why it’s gained so much traction really as I would have thought “ completed weeks before in most cases” was pretty obvious.
    "Cardiff City failed to insure Emiliano Sala despite the transfer being completed weeks before" makes an interesting headline.

Here is an example of Sky Sports on deadline day ,happened this week

https://x.com/carefreekieran2/status...LhmySD2aRt-GNg
    Thanks for the example of a transfer that was clearly not completed weeks before

Thanks for the example of a transfer that was clearly not completed weeks before
    That’s an example of how sky are just hysterical about the window.

The guy who has just signed for Luton from Arsenal was known 4 weeks ago and was just announced Friday.

Again another mate of mine knows the MD and club secretary of Luton.

That’s an example of how sky are just hysterical about the window.

The guy who has just signed for Luton from Arsenal was known 4 weeks ago and was just announced Friday.

Again another mate of mine knows the MD and club secretary of Luton.
    Yeah we all know sky go crazy on transfer deadline day, I haven't seen anyone argue against that.

But no one else thinks the clubs are working with sky and keeping back transfers just to add more drama. That's the bit that is nonsense. I think this has been pointed out about half a dozen times so far, by various people.

Yeah we all know sky go crazy on transfer deadline day, I haven't seen anyone argue against that.

But no one else thinks the clubs are working with sky and keeping back transfers just to add more drama. That's the bit that is nonsense. I think this has been pointed out about half a dozen times so far, by various people.
    Of course they delay the unveiling of players , it’s simplistic P.R on the clubs part.

Of course they delay the unveiling of players , it’s simplistic P.R on the clubs part.
    Let me get this straight. You think clubs would prefer to have the "PR" of announcing their player on the same day as loads of others, so they'll get much less time devoted to it than any other day, over having that player on the pitch for them earlier?

They would risk the player getting injured for their old club and having to cancel the transfer, just so it can go through on deadline day?

You are right, you really are an independent thinker

Let me get this straight. You think clubs would prefer to have the "PR" of announcing their player on the same day as loads of others, so they'll get much less time devoted to it than any other day, over having that player on the pitch for them earlier?

They would risk the player getting injured for their old club and having to cancel the transfer, just so it can go through on deadline day?

You are right, you really are an independent thinker
    Just for once try and remove yourself from your message board bubble and think clearly. The crux of the debate is that most transfers are completed weeks before they are announced, there are probably a few exceptions and I can imagine January may be a bit more complicated but from what I’ve been told from the father of a professional footballer who has contacts within the game that is how it works.

If you think differently then that’s cool as well and you’re opinion is duly noted.

Just for once try and remove yourself from your message board bubble and think clearly. The crux of the debate is that most transfers are completed weeks before they are announced, there are probably a few exceptions and I can imagine January may be a bit more complicated but from what I’ve been told from the father of a professional footballer who has contacts within the game that is how it works.

If you think differently then that’s cool as well and you’re opinion is duly noted.
    You are the only person saying this, so I might suggest that you are one who "thinks differently".

You are the only person saying this, so I might suggest that you are one who "thinks differently".
    As I’ve said before, do you think posters care what the big hitters ( who appear to be aged between 50/60/70/80) think especially when the majority are anonymous. The sooner you realise the opinion of this board is very different and narrow to reality the better really.

As I say your opinion along with others is duly noted.

As I’ve said before, do you think posters care what the big hitters ( who appear to be aged between 50/60/70/80) think especially when the majority are anonymous. The sooner you realise the opinion of this board is very different and narrow to reality the better really.

As I say your opinion along with others is duly noted.

What are you talking about, you're just as anonymous as anyone else, and every single person who's replied to you has said you're talking nonsense

What are you talking about, you're just as anonymous as anyone else, and every single person who's replied to you has said you're talking nonsense
    Oo you bitch, can’t help yourself can you Lardy

I hAVe A mAtE wHo'S SOn plAYs foR buRTOn sO I kNoW MOre aBoUt tRAnsFeRS tHaN eWe.

My cousin was a proffesional footballer who had premanent or loan moves in all 4 divisions including the Premier League. His son is now a proffesional footballer and has had a couple of moves himself. Never has either have them done a deal then delayed announcing it for a few weeks whilst the season has already started.

Youre talking through your rectum if you think Panzo was done and dusted weeks before deadline day. We have been crying out for another centre back all season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I hAVe A mAtE wHo'S SOn plAYs foR buRTOn sO I kNoW MOre aBoUt tRAnsFeRS tHaN eWe.

My cousin was a proffesional footballer who had premanent or loan moves in all 4 divisions including the Premier League. His son is now a proffesional footballer and has had a couple of moves himself. Never has either have them done a deal then delayed announcing it for a few weeks whilst the season has already started.

Youre talking through your rectum if you think Panzo was done and dusted weeks before deadline day. We have been crying out for another centre back all season.
    Why have you decided to stick your nose in I seem to remember you from ***** board , being a shit stirring Humpty Dumpty , and you soon disappeared from there when you were called out for it.

How many more times…..FFS

I’ll stand by what I’ve been told by former club secretaries, and people who are involved within the professional game, hope that helps.

Why have you decided to stick your nose in I seem to remember you from ***** board , being a shit stirring Humpty Dumpty , and you soon disappeared from there when you were called out for it.

How many more times…..FFS

I’ll stand by what I’ve been told by former club secretaries, and people who are involved within the professional game, hope that helps.
    one of my mates is a football agent, he doesn't think this sounds right either