+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Centre Backs

Centre Backs

With the signing of Panzo, do you think we have sufficient depth there now? Seems Ebou Adams can drop in if required, and we know NG can play there.

I’d love Jai Semenyo or a recalled Denham to be fourth choice, learning behind the senior CBs, but feel this is unlikely.

Re: Centre Backs

Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    With the signing of Panzo, do you think we have sufficient depth there now? Seems Ebou Adams can drop in if required, and we know NG can play there.

I’d love Jai Semenyo or a recalled Denham to be fourth choice, learning behind the senior CBs, but feel this is unlikely.
    As things stand Xavier Benjamin is 4th choice CB. He needs to go out on loan - although nothing happened yet. We need at least one more senior, experienced, competent CB.

Ng is not good as a CB in a back four. Fine as part of a back three/five - but can't see Bulut playing that much. Romeo or Adams can slot in as emergency cover - but only that. Danny Batth would be brilliant - although I will be very surprised if it happens.

Since Bamba and Morrison left the club, we've been crying our for a quality centre back partnership. Thankfully Bulut looks to have gone some way towards addressing this problem.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    As things stand Xavier Benjamin is 4th choice CB. He needs to go out on loan - although nothing happened yet. We need at least one more senior, experienced, competent CB.

Ng is not good as a CB in a back four. Fine as part of a back three/five - but can't see Bulut playing that much. Romeo or Adams can slot in as emergency cover - but only that. Danny Batth would be brilliant - although I will be very surprised if it happens.
    If he comes he will be expecting to be first choice with Panzo, McGuiness and Goutas should be very worried, that would be a brilliant Centre half quartet.

That’s my thinking. None of those four would be happy being on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    If he comes he will be expecting to be first choice with Panzo, McGuiness and Goutas should be very worried, that would be a brilliant Centre half quartet.
    Yes, that's how I read it.

If Batth didn't join, Panzo is almost certain to be a starter or he'd have joined Swansea. Then there's the headache of who would partner him - McGuinness or Goutas. McGuinness has signed a decent contract extension while Goutas is Bulut's signing.

I think 3 is just about enough. I don’t see Benjamin being involved after the team for Brum.